• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Balance the Battle!

DeletedUser

The combat needs to be adjusted. Our squad sizes were reduced by half with no warning and no explanation. After the change was already implemented we got an update post in the forum that had a vague "balancing the combat" update. However you did not balance the combat. You cut our squad sized by half but you did not adjust the enemy squad sizes at all. I went from a squad of 48 that was barely managing against squads of 80 to 100. And then you adjusted the strengths and weaknesses of the different troop types so now even though I've researched 3 new squad size upgrades and have brought my squad size back up to 69 I still can not win against enemy squads. I've had to negotiate to win the few battles I've done since then. But now the enemy squads are even larger and the amount of goods they want for negotiations is not something I can get together in any timely fashion. I am out of room in my city. I can't expand more than researching city expansions which is a slow process. I can not place new buildings until I expand more. I've sent three tickets to support asking them to fix it and I've gotten vague responses about them working on the balancing at an undetermined date. It took the fourth ticket before I was informed that I had to make it a suggestion on here to get any one to listen to me. I want you to understand that if I can't expand I will not be able to continue playing no matter how much I want to. I really enjoy this and would hate to have to stop simply because you removed the ability for players to expand by such a simple oversight. Please...please re-balance the combat.

DeletedUser2870

I agree wholeheartedly. And so do many, many players.
However, though I do not want to dampen your spirit, they're not going to listen. There have been several posts about this topic and each time the forummods close them when the discussion get a bit heated. Or when there are 'double posts' meaning covering the same topic they will choose the one with the MOST response and close down that one.
Seems they are deliberately stiffling the discussion about it.

Just took a look around the different worlds I'm in. And wow...as expected the top-10 just about everywhere is already near the end of the released wood-elf research, since even the most advanced wood-elf buildings are already up.
Now please do not try to tell me that is because the game is so well balanced. This is only because they either bought their way through the research or because they have some kind of connection to inno and have a (sheer) unlimited access to diamonds.
I guess that's what inno is really after: more buyers, not more players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4417

The combat needs to be adjusted. Our squad sizes were reduced by half with no warning and no explanation.
Not true at all. DAYS before the update was to come out there were messages that popped up IN GAME for everyone that announced that planned changes would be taking effect soon that involved troops and battle. Additionally with each and EVERY upgrade they post a rather detailed explanation of the version changes and upgrades and each one of those is perpetually kept on file for anyone and everyone to read at their leisure 24 hours a day. https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/release-notes.6/

DeletedUser2870

Can somone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE introduce an ignorebutton here for trolls like Lionsmane who keeps loading up loads of crap and defending an issue which is driving away a lot of players?
Lionsmane, if you work for Inno, please keep out of it. If you do not, then you should apply there since you're not doing anything except kissing ass to the 'holy designers' who never seem to be wrong and everything is the players fault.
Good grief, everytime I come across another post of him I'm getting sick in the stomach and getting closer and closer to just leave the game

DeletedUser4699

Can somone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE introduce an ignorebutton here for trolls like Lionsmane who keeps loading up loads of crap and defending an issue which is driving away a lot of players?
Lionsmane, if you work for Inno, please keep out of it. If you do not, then you should apply there since you're not doing anything except kissing ass to the 'holy designers' who never seem to be wrong and everything is the players fault.
Good grief, everytime I come across another post of him I'm getting sick in the stomach and getting closer and closer to just leave the game
Sorry, but Lion was simply correcting a wrong assumption made by the OP, and citing a thread as an illustration. There was no 'trolling' or 'loads of crap' or 'driving away a lot of players.' In fact, his post was far more civil than the posts you have in this thread. I understand that you are unhappy with the forum, the mods, and the game. Try not to take it out on the rest of us, though.

DeletedUser4417

Dhurrin, there is NO ONE trolling here. Cordelia made a statement and I pointed out EXACTLY where the information was and that they in fact had released notices DAYS before the upgrade and that it was available to EVERYONE who chose to look. That is not crap. I'm sorry that you are aggravated with the situation as it is. Nowhere in this did I defend a thing. I informed.

I don't work for Inno, I'm not a Dev or Mod, just a player that chooses to not have a glass half full mentality.

DeletedUser2870

Oh, he may not have been trolling here, except he is pissing off people all over the forum with bits of wrong information, calling them names, not adressing the points they are making and on and on.
But luckily I did find the iggy-function, that will be much better.

As for the OP being wrong: since the introduction of the new system players have been complaining about it. The only bit that was wrong was is was without warning.
Actually, I've seen several dozen players in different fellowships leave the game entirely with that being the main reason. So the idea of it needing an adaptation is not wrong. When you're chasing away your customers you would do well to listen to them instead of flat-out telling them to suck on it. That only will drive more away.

DeletedUser2963

Lion,
Thank you

Dhurrin, pointing out on several threads that you are ignoring someone, makes you the troll, knock it off plz.

DeletedUser4417

lyapo,

No problem mate. Was not my intent to offend.

DeletedUser551

@Dhurrin, if you have a personal problem with a player, solve it via PM's, not in the public forum. You received your first infraction for inappropriate behavior.

DeletedUser1016

The combat needs to be adjusted.
Wholeheartedly agree with you!
I've sent three tickets to support asking them to fix it and I've gotten vague responses about them working on the balancing at an undetermined date. It took the fourth ticket before I was informed that I had to make it a suggestion on here to get any one to listen to me.
Unfortunately, probably not - look at this thread to see what happens - all "h*ll breaks loose because "everyone" is frustrated, well most everyone, obviously not Lion.
@Dhurrin, if you have a personal problem with a player, solve it via PM's, not in the public forum. You received your first infraction for inappropriate behavior.
This seems a bit harsh! And should this NOT be announced in a public forum as well????? Talk about a public lashing! Really!
Just click on the avatar next to the player you want to ignores post and there is a option to ignore that player
Good information Andrew - OH & Good suggestion!

EDIT: "You received your first infraction" - [this doesn't sound like a warning to me?]

DeletedUser68

There have been several posts about this topic and each time the forum mods close them when the discussion get a bit heated. Or when there are 'double posts' meaning covering the same topic they will choose the one with the MOST response and close down that one. Seems they are deliberately stifling the discussion about it.
Our purpose is not to guide the discussions, but rather to facilitate them.
  • Heated discussions are fine. Frothing at the mouth and backbiting is not.
  • Most people don't use enough white space. Well constructed posts are easier to read.
  • If you don't bother to read what others have already posted, of if you jump the gun and start a topic before it has been released for production, then yeah we're going to cap the extraneous discussion and provide a link to the main discussion thread.
My criteria is how the discussion will look THREE MONTHS FROM NOW, when somebody is trying to get up to speed.
Thought provoking posts that provide plenty of back links are especially well regarded.

DeletedUser4417

Unfortunately, probably not - look at this thread to see what happens - all "h*ll breaks loose because "everyone" is frustrated, well most everyone, obviously not Lion.

This seems a bit harsh! And should this NOT be announced in a public forum as well????? Talk about a public lashing! Really!

Frustration is fine. It's expected and even healthy. What matters is how a person ~deals~ with frustration. I'm frustrated with some parts of the game but before I come here and off the cuff start blasting I look at why there is a problem. Problem is some people are impatient and want it now, now, now rather than sit and wait a bit and forget about listening.

A warning is harsh?

DeletedUser2870

@Missanthropy
Strange how you state you want to facilitate a discussion and then remove the parts you do not like.
How can anyone say what a discussion will look like 3 months from now? You mean you, as a mod, shape it to your liking by removing anything that doesn't suit you.
None of which is any argument for closing the most visited/responded to topics and then provide a link to a less well visited topic.

DeletedUser4417

@Missanthropy
Strange how you state you want to facilitate a discussion and then remove the parts you do not like.
How can anyone say what a discussion will look like 3 months from now? You mean you, as a mod, shape it to your liking by removing anything that doesn't suit you.
None of which is any argument for closing the most visited/responded to topics and then provide a link to a less well visited topic.
They don't 'remove the parts they don't like.' They do however eliminate parts where players are going back and forth at each other and that adds nothing TO the conversation about the subject at hand.

What she might mean is that while this is a heated discussion topic now between 2 or more people, what it actually is, upon time and reflection, is a case of 2 or more people backbiting and childishly squabbling.

A forum topic could have the most visits/responds but that does not in any way mean that just because of that, that it is the most relevant of the threads ABOUT the topic. Two people can add a lot of visits and responds over the course of just an hour if both are active posters and in a heated, even frothing argument.

DeletedUser

Not true at all. DAYS before the update was to come out there were messages that popped up IN GAME for everyone that announced that planned changes would be taking effect soon that involved troops and battle. Additionally with each and EVERY upgrade they post a rather detailed explanation of the version changes and upgrades and each one of those is perpetually kept on file for anyone and everyone to read at their leisure 24 hours a day.

I have been playing this game for over a month. NOT ONCE did I receive an in game notice that they were cutting my squads in half. As to the forum post about what was changed, that came out the same day as the update. Meaning my squads were eliminated BEFORE I was able to read why. Just because you got an message in game does not mean everyone did. Systems screw up. Perhaps I should have said that I received no warning instead of implying that no one did. So let me reiterate. I DID NOT RECEIVE NOTICE. You may have, but I did not.

After the change was already implemented we got an update post in the forum that had a vague "balancing the combat" update.

I said it this way for a very specific reason. The forum post in question was very specific about what was changed. You are right there Lionsmane. However the only explanation for WHY was "balancing purposes." That's a little vague to start with and when you take into account the fact that it not only DIDN'T balance the game but did COMPLETELY the opposite I feel I have every reason to expect change to take place soon or simply walk away. Inno has made it impossible to advance without HUGE stores of supplies or diamonds or both. That is not the way this game is supposed to work. I'm deeply sorry to have set off such a firestorm. That being said, this NEEDS to be addressed for players to continue or Inno will lose all of their clientele.

DeletedUser4417

I have been playing this game for over a month. NOT ONCE did I receive an in game notice that they were cutting my squads in half. As to the forum post about what was changed, that came out the same day as the update. Meaning my squads were eliminated BEFORE I was able to read why. Just because you got an message in game does not mean everyone did. Systems screw up. Perhaps I should have said that I received no warning instead of implying that no one did. So let me reiterate. I DID NOT RECEIVE NOTICE. You may have, but I did not.

No there was no in game message that mentioned they were cutting squads specifically. The message was ingame and read something to the effect that changes were coming that would affect combat and the way it worked and there was an advisement to use up old troops. The message was sent out to everyone, on every server days in advance so that if you logged in more than twice a week you got it. Maybe you did not log in to get it, maybe there was a glitch. Who knows. I just know that it was sent out and that I was not the only one that saw it.

I said it this way for a very specific reason. The forum post in question was very specific about what was changed. You are right there Lionsmane. However the only explanation for WHY was "balancing purposes." That's a little vague to start with and when you take into account the fact that it not only DIDN'T balance the game but did COMPLETELY the opposite I feel I have every reason to expect change to take place soon or simply walk away. Inno has made it impossible to advance without HUGE stores of supplies or diamonds or both. That is not the way this game is supposed to work. I'm deeply sorry to have set off such a firestorm. That being said, this NEEDS to be addressed for players to continue or Inno will lose all of their clientele.

In hindsight perhaps they should have just bit the bullet and released the update as one large lump upgrade but they did not. They chose to break it up into three segments for what they consider valid reasons. Balancing changes are going to be an ongoing thing as they work through the various problems that their overeagerness and to an extent naivete to begin with, caused. Firestorms happen from time to time. People can either be adults or act as they have...

DeletedUser

I'm not even sure what to say. You're much nicer in this post then your first which I appreciate. I did get the notice that they were making changes. That being said the in game notice implied they were balancing power levels. It didn't mention specifically what they were doing in either the forum post or the in game notice. So when I say "without warning" this is what I mean. If I'd known they were going to take half my troops I'd have upped how often I attacked so I'd be a little ahead while they finished releasing the updates. What's important now is that they need to understand how impossible they've made it for players and fix it. If the updates they already have planned will fix it they need to announce that and speed up the release. They are already losing players. How many more would they like to lose while we wait?

DeletedUser1174

Our fellowship PHOENIX POWER from tomorrow will be protesting from 1st November 2016 to 1st December 2016.
At the recent changes made by INNO GAMES with the fighting in both the provinces and in the tournaments and the adjustment between Human and Elven races and tampering with thier abilities.
As a fellowship we believe these changes have impacted signifcantly on the game and on encouraging both current players and new players from enjoying this game and we further believe if things do not change or improve then more players will quit the game than already have.
the majority of us think that the negotiation costs of tournaments are exuberant now and that the Auto fighting option is more like auto killing than fighting and that the battles are too drawn out and take to long to complete.
We would like to request your fellowships to join us in this protest in your own time, we think that if the many protest with us and not the few we may be able to force a change or at least some more favourable response from INNO GAMES just like in real life with a protest we aim for our voices collectively to be heard as we help to pay their wages buy purchasing diamonds on Elvenar.
regards
Mage IW