• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Banshee

DeletedUser1536

Ok so new creacher the Banshee... What is she and what can she do in battle?

DeletedUser2191

At level 1, not really anything. Just like all the other new troop types introduced and our current battle system, another useless troop. Might be of use when upgrades for it arrive. By that time new enemy troops will probably be introduced and as always be deployed on steroids x 100 against us.

The banshee casts a debuff on enemy which reduces defense by 50% for 1 round providing it's not killed before it gets to attack.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
lol @Draconomicon I would actually train a squad too see that!! And yes most or our new troops need at least 1 upgrade (2 really) to be worth while on the battlefield. I guess the Dev's don't actually check the numbers or try the new units out, because they have given us lots of new troops, but they are no where as good as our main troops at the level they are at. All the upgrades are to far away to make these units useable, at the moment anyway!

DeletedUser3696

Elvenar has turned into a nice little battle game, but the devs are continuing to forget about the old players.

No reason they couldn't throw in the upgrades to any of the new units at the time of release, or make the units viable. What would be wrong with making these banshees more powerful than anything we already have???

Just another exercise in dev time spent on not improving the game.

DeletedUser3689

I used my Banshees four different times after I first got them. The first three times, they were one-shotted before they could even attack. LOL Light ranged and light melee take them right out, and ofc those are also the most mobile, so they often don't survive. They did prove their worth in one province - marble. You have to look for an opposing army that has the heavy ranged without light ranged, and then watch them clean up. 'Til the next marble tourney, I'm just letting them pile up in the barracks XD

DeletedUser6372

They're still better than Sorceresses for Elven race.

A Sorceress II vs a Banshee I (both obtainable in Act V, and one right after the other depending on how you do the tech tree) is no real contest in favor of the Banshee for the following reasons:

* Longer range. The Sorceress has a crippling Range 3 (just like the Golems...), the Banshee at least has a Range 4. Not stellar, but at least it can kite Paladins, which the Sorceress couldn't.

* Better debuff. An attack debuff applies a maximum of once around, if that enemy attacks. A defense debuff can be useful as many times as you hit that opponent, so it is excellent for 'focus fire'.

* Better overall damage. Okay, *SLIGHLTY* less damage vs heavy melee, but the defense debuff more than makes up for it. However, it does significantly more, plus the defense debuff, against heavy ranged, which makes it a no-brainer in the majority of cases.

* Better defenses. Banshees have 70% resistance against heavy melee, and 80% resistance against heavy ranged. Sorceress (all three ranks) have 60%/50% respectively. Especially that resistance vs heavy ranged helps a lot when dealing with those dang mortar crews.

tl;dr: If you play Elven race, Banshees are the new Sorceress, don't ever look back. At least until you hit Fairy tech and unlock Blossom Mages, because those are even better.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Does anyone have trouble seeing the banshee in battle mode? mine is always 99 percent invisible as well as my Dryad
I'm not certain it's the same thing, since to me they seem 100% invisible except the number below, but various mobs (or the hex grid) will be invisible at various times. Reloading the game usually fixes it. If you are in the middle of a combat, reloading will offer you a dialog box to return to the combat and will autoplay to the point where you stopped.

DeletedUser1818

I have the same problem in Windows 10 using Chrome, but not Windows 7 using Chrome. Reloading does nothing to fix the problem.
Invisible Banshees and Dryads, both mine and theirs. Maybe there is a setting to fix this?