• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Barracks and Training Grounds both use same training slots?

• Thread starter DeletedUser24282
  • Start date

DeletedUser24282

I finally built the training grounds and scheduled cerberus in the 3 training slots. Then I went to the Barracks to train archers and found all the training slots filled with cerberus. I thought they were separate facilities. However, it looks like the training grounds only adds different units but only the barracks can actually do the training. Is this correct?

DeletedUser24305

They share the same slots.

However, what is helpful is (for example) if your barracks is upgrading you can still train with the training grounds.

DeletedUser20951

Each structure trains the units they show when you click on 'em, but the speeds at which they train varies, and you can switch over to the upgrade tab for each to check where that is at (might be another way, but that's the only one I am aware of off the top of my head). Although all three share a queue, your Barracks will likely begin to outpace the others due to being the only (I think) military training facility affected by a Wonder (The Needles of the Tempest) as far as training speed is concerned and a wider availability for reaching higher building levels, but the Training Grounds and Mercenary Camp might be faster at times because of the unlocking of upgrades for both, as well.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The devs have stated that the shared queue is because the game is balanced on us being able to train so many troops per hour. So it is their way of controlling the production of units within their established parameters.

@Nonchalant Antipathy There are wonders for the training grounds (victory springs) and mercenary camp (flying academy) that also speed up those buildings. Granted those wonders come much later then needles does. The other big variability is the tech tree where upgrades for certain buildings are every second chapter. Depending on where you are at in the tech tree and your upgrading you can get a variety of different times as well.

DeletedUser20951

@Mykan, figured I would be missing some info (and I don't often look ahead of where I am), but I thought it was important to mention the speed variances. Much obliged for the elaboration!