• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Barracks,Training grounds and Training facility

HeroRachel1996

Can someone explain how these work? My barracks is fine, but I have Cerberes and Banshees in my Training Grounds but I don't know how to use them. Also I won't have a Training Facility for a long time. Am I doing something wrong?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@HeroRachel1996 If your problem is how to use the troops, this is selected at the start of every encounter. Whenever an encounter starts and you are selecting troops, the default screen shown will be units from your Barracks. Only units from Barracks will be shown on this screen. But there will also be an arrow shown near the bottom of the screen. Click on this and you will scroll over to a 2nd page. The 2nd page will only show units from your Training Grounds. While on this page you may select units from your TG. There will also be an arrow at the bottom. Click on the arrow again and you will move to the troops from your Mercenary Camp. You can then select these troops. Also, you can mix and match troops from any of the 3 different military buildings. You are allowed 5 total squads. The game does not care what they are or which building they come from.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
On a browser, they are at the top and show all three tabs, with the barracks troops first. As far as actually using the troops, I find the cerberus very useful; I use it almost exclusively against mages.

One thing that's good to note if you autofight. Try to use the fewest different kinds of troops possible. I've noticed that if I have to use four or five different kinds of troops, I lose those more often than if I can use one or two different kinds. For example, if I have, say, 3 mages and 2 heavy melee as my enemies, then it's better to use 5 archers to fight them than to use 3 cerberus and 2 mages. It just seems to me like the AI in autofighting is able to win more if it has less different kinds of troops to move around the board. And of course, order is important, but the order gets messed up in spire fights where you have 2 or 3 waves and can't rearrange your troops.

I hope all that makes sense; I haven't had my coffee yet this morning. :)

HeroRachel1996

On a browser, they are at the top and show all three tabs, with the barracks troops first. As far as actually using the troops, I find the cerberus very useful; I use it almost exclusively against mages.

One thing that's good to note if you autofight. Try to use the fewest different kinds of troops possible. I've noticed that if I have to use four or five different kinds of troops, I lose those more often than if I can use one or two different kinds. For example, if I have, say, 3 mages and 2 heavy melee as my enemies, then it's better to use 5 archers to fight them than to use 3 cerberus and 2 mages. It just seems to me like the AI in autofighting is able to win more if it has less different kinds of troops to move around the board. And of course, order is important, but the order gets messed up in spire fights where you have 2 or 3 waves and can't rearrange your troops.

Thanks! This helps a lot

HeroRachel1996

@HeroRachel1996 If your problem is how to use the troops, this is selected at the start of every encounter. Whenever an encounter starts and you are selecting troops, the default screen shown will be units from your Barracks. Only units from Barracks will be shown on this screen. But there will also be an arrow shown near the bottom of the screen. Click on this and you will scroll over to a 2nd page. The 2nd page will only show units from your Training Grounds. While on this page you may select units from your TG. There will also be an arrow at the bottom. Click on the arrow again and you will move to the troops from your Mercenary Camp. You can then select these troops. Also, you can mix and match troops from any of the 3 different military buildings. You are allowed 5 total squads. The game does not care what they are or which building they come from.

Thanks! This makes a lot of sense

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Just a note. Banshees are only so-so at level 1, even against heavy range that they specialize in, but they are pretty great by level 2. Like with the other mages, they are vulnerable to light range and light melee, making them super vulnerable since they are short range units and need to get in the thick of things to attack. But if the enemies are just heavy range, they are fantastic. They can absorb so many hits from heavy range and not blink due to defensive bonus. Taking little damage means less dead troops to replace. They also kill them very quickly due to high attack bonus against HR. Killing quicker also means less rounds of retaliation. They have very high movement as well so they cover a lot of ground, being able to go from one target to next in a turn. Since their usage situation is limited though, I don’t need to train that many or can just get them from Witch Summoning Circle now instead of using a slot to train them.

Moral of the story: Even if you don’t use one troop type at the beginning, you should dust them off and give them another go when they get promoted.

Raccon

In addition to above, Cerberus or dogs are great mage hunters, they have the longest movement range of all troops specially at 2 and 3 star level, unlike other troops they gain an extra hexagon to their range with every promotion. Dogs can catch mages or archers no matter where they hide on a fairly unobstructed battle field.

I did not know that ! Still new , and I autofight , because I don't care for the actual battles !

getmomo

I autofight because it would take way too long to fight 20+ rounds of tournament 5 days a week plus spire.