• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Barracks

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Do they need to be mutually exclusive though? I fight a lot too. My Needles is almost at level 29 so I need lots of armories to lengthen my queue to cover my overnight, most of which is loaded on decent Shrewdy and Bulwark, but I have plenty of Orc Nests too. I have concluded it’s better to train my own Orc Strategists than having Ground of the Orc Strategists. I only need to train once every 7 slots or so and it is infinitely faster than harvesting from GotOS. I think the math for my situation is I need 47 GotOS for the amount of Orc Strategists I get from one training slot. For me, it’s a better use of space to have Orc Nests than GotOS. Any I don’t train can be used for catering or tech. So large training size from decent number of armories and lots of Orc Nests are a happy marriage here.

No, they don't:)

So far I have plenty of orcs without building orcs nests, but I also don't use the orcs troops much.

Raccon

I have concluded it’s better to train my own Orc Strategists than having Ground of the Orc Strategists. For me, it’s a better use of space to have Orc Nests than GotOS. Any I don’t train can be used for catering or tech. So large training size from decent number of armories and lots of Orc Nests are a happy marriage here.
Agreed 100%, I'm gradually replacing my grounds of orc strategists with orc's nest ever since I unlocked orc strategists in the research tree. The culture bonus is around the same but you get more orcs from orc nests than grounds of orc strategists gives you. As making 1 strategist in barracks costs 1 regular orc, you'll end up with more strategists plus extra orcs to spend elsewhere!
Grounds of orc strategists is great in earlier chapters when that would be the only way to have a good heavy range unit plus culture bonus.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I also don't use the orcs troops much
Yeah, they aren't my most heavily used unit, which is why I only train them once every 7 slots or so, but I find the Orc Strategist is one of the few lvl 1 troops that carry their weight. They hold up against light range very well even in pretty high provinces.

Raccon

Yeah, they aren't my most heavily used unit, which is why I only train them once every 7 slots or so, but I find the Orc Strategist is one of the few lvl 1 troops that carry their weight. They hold up against light range very well even in pretty high provinces.
They're the best answer to those pesky mist walkers. In current spire I had an encounter in which two 3 star mist walkers would damage and put spell on my troops before their light and heavy melee combo wiped two of my mortar and mage squads in a blink. On second attempt I sent in 5 squads of 1 star strategists and they wrapped them all up including a squad of swamp monster heavy melee.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I think the math for my situation is I need 47 GotOS for the amount of Orc Strategists I get from one training slot.
Your training size must be amazing! For me it only takes 10 GotOS to equal the Orc Strats from 1 training size. And that is with a level 12 Simia giving a permanent boost to troop production. I think without Simia I would only need 8 GotOS to equal a training slot.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Your training size must be amazing! For me it only takes 10 GotOS to equal the Orc Strats from 1 training size. And that is with a level 12 Simia giving a permanent boost to troop production. I think without Simia I would only need 8 GotOS to equal a training slot.
I just crunched some math and I misspoke. It's the other way around. It's how many GotOS I need to make what my Training Ground makes in GotOS's early collection time (or 6hr period since you can't get anything earlier than that). Currently in my new chapter (Halfling), it's 32 GotOS. At max training size, 6hrs of training takes ~1.5 training slots. So it's not worth cluttering my real estate with GotOS. I just need to time share my Training Ground for one stack every now and then and I'll still be way ahead.