• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Basic goods, maybe not so basic

thx569

I have a left side guy challenge to get 3 basic goods buildings to level 32. Just found out that basic goods is only tier 1 (marble, steel, lumber) not all "basic" goods. Apparently some goods are more basic than others. Am I the only one who got confused over what "basic" means? Been playing this game for close to 7 yrs and just now I get straightened out.

Zoof

If you ever forget, the wording can be found within the game's interface:

1654293967567.png

(Said wording was updated a few months ago. I'm unsure if the rest of the game followed suit)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
(Said wording was updated a few months ago. I'm unsure if the rest of the game followed suit)
I know the event quest wording has changed to reflect the update for the new names of the goods. I checked the Wiki and it still shows:

Standard Goods Categories
Basic GoodsCrafted GoodsMagical Goods
Good marble big.png Marble Good crystal big.png Crystal Good elixir big.png Elixir
Good steel big.png Steel Good scrolls big.png Scrolls Good magic dust big.png Magic Dust
Good planks big.png Planks Good silk big.png Silk Good gems big.png Gems

Sentient Goods also still displays the Basic/Crafted/Magical. Looks like Ascended Goods is the only one there that shows the Basic/Refined/Precious wording.
Oh, @helya
Something else to add to your ever growing stack of things to do...

Myne

Oh Wise One
I have a left side guy challenge to get 3 basic goods buildings to level 32. Just found out that basic goods is only tier 1 (marble, steel, lumber) not all "basic" goods. Apparently some goods are more basic than others. Am I the only one who got confused over what "basic" means? Been playing this game for close to 7 yrs and just now I get straightened out.

About 6 months ago it was made clear to me the difference. Before that I was a bit confused sometimes

Ibison

That still doesn't seem to solve the original problem. If quest says "3 basic goods to level 32" then it should include all 9 basic goods. If just steel, marble and wood it should be changed to "Basic standard goods". And really, the wiki should be changed so standard is used in the table.

Zoof

That still doesn't seem to solve the original problem. If quest says "3 basic goods to level 32" then it should include all 9 basic goods. If just steel, marble and wood it should be changed to "Basic standard goods". And really, the wiki should be changed so standard is used in the table.
They... are?

Don't all three categories of basic goods (standard, sentient, and ascended) come from the same (properly upgraded) three manufactories?

EDIT: In further researching, yeah. They do. From the looks of it, the whole purpose of the quest in the OP is to get a basic manufactory to start producing basic ascended goods.

EDIT2: To be abundantly clear, the OP was talking about upgrading manufactories to a particular level, not about producing goods from them.

Last edited:

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
There are 9 standard goods: marble, steel, planks, crystal, scrolls, silk, elixir, magic dust, and gems

The standard goods include 3 basic goods: marble, steel, planks; 3 refined goods: crystal, scrolls, silk; 3 precious goods: elixir, magic dust, gems

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Perhaps one of us gets more confused than others.
Seemed like a simple question; you came here in all sincerity looking for a simple answer. Then you ran into us: regular forum posters who seemingly take pride in making mountains out of a single kernel of sand, don't even need a mole-hill, lol! We even call in the CM to get the Wiki updated. And no one bothered to truly answer your question, imagine that!
Would have been easy enough for one of us to say:
"Yes, they changed the terms used to describe goods awhile back (weeks? months? dunno; right there with you popping white hairs, lol) and there's been lots of posts by players confused with the wording of quests requiring goods production."
Then, we can hijack your thread for our compulsion to analyze and research everything to death. ;) :cool:

Ibison

There are 9 standard goods: marble, steel, planks, crystal, scrolls, silk, elixir, magic dust, and gems

The standard goods include 3 basic goods: marble, steel, planks; 3 refined goods: crystal, scrolls, silk; 3 precious goods: elixir, magic dust, gems
There are 9 basic goods. Marble, steel, planks, moonstone, platinum, tree gum, primordial minerals, ignited ingots and scholarly sprouts. But then the quest does say buildings, so I withdraw my objection

Last edited:

thx569

There is a divide between what I read (or have read} and what is asked for. Doesn't help when terminology changes between information once given and now.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Darielle But if we didn't hijack a thread once in a while (or all the time) how in the world would we find anything to talk about? This forum is so limited in what it allows to be said we get desperate to hear our own voices saying something, anything! ;)

And you don't get any forum recognition by being quiet, do you?

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Darielle But if we didn't hijack a thread once in a while (or all the time) how in the world would we find anything to talk about? This forum is so limited in what it allows to be said we get desperate to hear our own voices saying something, anything! ;)

And you don't get any forum recognition by being quiet, do you?

AJ
I think you meant Sami, but I certainly agree! :)