• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Battle Boosters

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Anyone arguing about frequency of the troop boosts also need to make sure whoever is comparing have crafted the same one-off buildings, so they know the options are equal. For example, someone with the chess set still in rotation and someone who has crafted all four pieces will see a different frequency for the three troop boosts.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
fyi
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/pet-food.14861/post-92762

this is a topic where a player claimed that petfood where rare so I took an example of 10 weeks worth of datapoints which you can visually see in this topic.

the TLDR:
We see the following:
  • Week 1: 8 petfood
  • Week 2: 8 petfood
  • Week 3: 7 petfood
  • Week 4: 8 petfood
  • Week 5: 11 petfood
  • Week 6: 5 petfood
  • Week 7: 6 petfood
  • Week 8: 12 petfood
  • Week 9: 12 petfood
  • Week 10: 6 Petfood
10 week average: 8.3 petfood

some weeks are bad and some weeks are superb overall the average was far from scarce.

I do have 512 datapoints of all recipes (20 weeks) but I havent been able find time to put them all into a datasheet

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Anyone arguing about frequency of the troop boosts also need to make sure whoever is comparing have crafted the same one-off buildings, so they know the options are equal. For example, someone with the chess set still in rotation and someone who has crafted all four pieces will see a different frequency for the three troop boosts.
true but it seems those buildings have such a small chance atm that the influence ain't that big, it's not uncommon to not be able to complete the chess set in a 2 months period for example. they are rare enough for that.
Only during some events those baseplates seem to be boosted to a very common rate.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
You two can just ask @ed1960 about it, if I am remembering the correct person, as I think he posted about something similar happening to him about lack of pet food.
pre or post fixed positions?
I am pretty sure that since post fixed positions the odds have increased significantly for petfood. and maybe also combat buildings.

I too had very bad luck for a long while with drwarven armories in the spire, but it makes sense, the amount of possibilities you get weekly are very limited. therefore a odd long streak is possible. but with fixed position and 28 possibilities in a week, the odds of getting non for even a week will be very slim. multiple weeks? once I processed the data we could calculate those possibilities of that occuring. but my guess it's in the range of impossible / makes no sense.

DeletedUser27062

I just disconnected the road to my MA for a few hours to get a perfect rotation time. For example, if it's 3 pm and my MA is due to turn over in 3 hours, but I really want it to turn over at 10:00pm just before I go to bed, then I just disconnect the road for 4 hours. At 7pm, I reconnect it. Then it will turn over at 10:00 pm, just before I go to bed, so I will see what's in it. The next rotation will be at 4am, which I'll still be able to see when I come back on line at 7am. You only have to disconnect a road once; then afterwards you'll always have the schedule that best suits you.

Oh goodness gracious ... I just realized that your question was from months ago. Mea Culpa; I'm sorry I didn't see it earlier, Eudaemonia. :(
It was worth waiting for :)

ElfGunn

I'm going to start writing down when I get the pet food. I'm cooking one at this very moment. :)

I've been doing well with pet food for the last several weeks at least. I've got 11-12 in inventory, and making enough to feed my fire chicken 3 times per tournament.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yep, collecting data is the only way to be certain of anything....and even then it's "iffy." If I write down that I got pet food today, tomorrow and for 100 days in a row, did I record what happened accurately? Maybe I forgot one day and wrote down what I remembered. Maybe I remembered incorrectly. Data collection must be precise and consistent to work.

On the other hand, if it's a statistical thing and the data set is very large, it is quite possible that in the data set somewhere their will be a string of pet foods 100 days long for the same player. Possible, and even probable if the data set is large enough. In fact, in an infinite set all possible outcomes will occur infinite times. We may feel they are so unlikely that they "couldn't happen" but if they are mathematically possible and the data set is large enough, they will happen.

So I'd be careful about implying somebody is mistake about an unusual occurrence. There's a possibility they could be right, no matter how unlikely.

But to address the dearth here's what I do. Before I started using pet foods I figured out how many I would need per week. I use about 5 each week. I then figured out the longest dearth I would expect in the normal range of fluctuation. I figured a month. So I saved up 20 pet foods and, so far, I've got dearths, but never run out. Planning for the dearth makes it pretty easy to get by, but you have to stay within the amount of pet foods you, overall, expect to get and save up enough for the fluctuations you expect in supply.

AJ

Hawk1911

I just disconnected the road to my MA for a few hours to get a perfect rotation time. For example, if it's 3 pm and my MA is due to turn over in 3 hours, but I really want it to turn over at 10:00pm just before I go to bed, then I just disconnect the road for 4 hours. At 7pm, I reconnect it. Then it will turn over at 10:00 pm, just before I go to bed, so I will see what's in it. The next rotation will be at 4am, which I'll still be able to see when I come back on line at 7am. You only have to disconnect a road once; then afterwards you'll always have the schedule that best suits you.
Brilliant!
I have never thought about this and always just accepted the fact I would miss a rotation overnight. Going to fix that RIGHT NOW! So simple, but will make the MA more efficient. Thanks!

Last edited: