• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Battle change

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Folks there has been some sort of change in the battle system, just recently. Supposedly there has been a 'bug fix' on the damage reduction calculation. I'm not a number person, so I'm not going to pretend to understand it. I fight, and I know for myself when things have changed, because it's harder to get a good outcome from what should have been an easy to fairly easy fight. I'm going to be testing across various cities, with high level Sanctuary, without, with Fire Phoenix, without.
Beta Forum discussion is Thoughts? And why the lack of transparency?

DeletedUser27062

Folks there has been some sort of change in the battle system, just recently. Supposedly there has been a 'bug fix' on the damage reduction calculation. I'm not a number person, so I'm not going to pretend to understand it. I fight, and I know for myself when things have changed, because it's harder to get a good outcome from what should have been an easy to fairly easy fight. I'm going to be testing across various cities, with high level Sanctuary, without, with Fire Phoenix, without.
Beta Forum discussion is Thoughts? And why the lack of transparency?

The lack of transparency... Inno does not do transparency. Look at when they began random gifting. Nobody had a clue what was going on and Inno's response was that they thought it was better to say nothing because people might get upset that they weren't part of the random test group. Inno is hoping people won't notice.

DeletedUser27062

I second your observation. I assume you are talking about the current (crystal) Tourney, which has gotten considerably harder for me compared to the last two weeks. In my case I thought it might be due to siting 2 AWs, but, still, it seems much harsher.
The provinces feel unchanged from priors.

No. The changes happened 5 weeks ago and if you read the linked forum discussion (especially the last comment by Dony) you'll see he explains where and when it should be evident. Apparently it will only show under certain circumstances but, in saying that, you could have met those circumstances.

Soleil Nightbloom

Do you think this battle change may also have an effect on the spire? This week is the first time in the past five months that I could not reach the laboratory. I’m usually able to get to level 3 and/or the top with little issue. But, this week I couldn’t seem to get past the second boss in high halls whether it was catering or fighting, it was ridiculously difficult.

Revo1

Chef
I got in the lab, have one of those big golden chests waiting there, and I can't reach it.

DeletedUser27062

Yes, this is a change to the way damage is calculated.

No, Leylani. It is a very specific bug fix for a very specific problem that only applies to tournament encounters with more than 5 enemy squads

DeletedUser27062

Do you think this battle change may also have an effect on the spire? This week is the first time in the past five months that I could not reach the laboratory. I’m usually able to get to level 3 and/or the top with little issue. But, this week I couldn’t seem to get past the second boss in high halls whether it was catering or fighting, it was ridiculously difficult.

No. The increase in difficulty you're experiencing could be for any number of reasons including completing tech research etc

Revo1

Chef
Hope not.

Gkyr

Chef
I have already read that thread.
Kersepitje brought up a bugfix from 5 weeks ago,
Today Dony refutes the 5 week old bugfix as the current problem.
The changes I have witnessed this week have nothing to do with any change apparent or inapparent that was dated 5 weeks ago.
Furthermore, Dony states that:
This nerf, bug fix, rebalance, overhaul, call it however you want, will affect mainly average players in first 8 provinces without buffs.
And I have been fully buffed all week.
And I am not a high-end player.
I stand by my original assertion: the Tourney is much harder for me this week than it ever has been. This is either related to conditions that may affect other players, and so other players may want to hear from me, or it may be due to my AW burden that increased by two levels.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27062

Tournament encounters always have exactly 5 enemy squads. It was changed to that almost a year ago, when the other tournament changes were made.
Yes I know. My point was that the bug fix didn't apply to current tournies. I'm pre-coffee, forgive the lack of explication :) It should have been 'applied' not applies.

DeletedUser27062

Actually, @Enevhar Aldarion , can you do me a favour and tell me what you make of Dony's comments? He posted two comments in the same thread that I can't figure out (pre-coffee remember). 1 and the other here. It seems like he's saying there are two issues?

Lelanya

First off - It's Lel + Anya, actually pronounced Le-Lanya. Please and thanks.

This absolutely applies to tournament, I have several cities that cannot fight province 6, and I noticed THAT delineation thanks to @Soleil Nightbloom, she's asked our Beta fellows to do 6 for 6, and last 10 chest push, I did my usual 9 for 5. And I am telling you it's gotten a lot harder to fight. I know when harder is harder.

Lelanya

I'm actually quite peeved at the insinuation that I wouldn't know. I've come through 2 other battle changes. I'm the lady that used to say invisible terrain is my favourite battle error! (still is, we just don't get that error at the moment).

Soleil Nightbloom

This is very interesting? It seems that I’m experiencing the opposite in difficulty for the tournament, so far. I have been doing fairly decent in this weeks tournament and found the spire to be super difficult this week. I will have to see how next week goes for the spire and tournament in both cities and see if there is a shift in difficulty between these two.

DeletedUser27062

I'm actually quite peeved

No kidding! I'm genuinely sorry I got your name wrong.

You said:
"Folks there has been some sort of change in the battle system, just recently. Supposedly there has been a 'bug fix' on the damage reduction calculation. I'm not a number person, so I'm not going to pretend to understand it. I fight, and I know for myself when things have changed, because it's harder to get a good outcome from what should have been an easy to fairly easy fight. I'm going to be testing across various cities, with high level Sanctuary, without, with Fire Phoenix, without."

That comment doesn't say to me that you have actual proof and knowledge of the problem. You saying it "felt" harder is purely subjective and is highly unreliable - not because its you but because all human person experiences are factually unreliable. It's not a personal attack.

Gladiola

It subjectively feels harder to me too. I have been having higher than expected losses. I haven't had any changes in city size, technology, or any other factors that are known or thought to affect tournament performance.