• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Battle change

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
BTW, this is also true that the number of aw levels also play a role in determining the toughness of tourney and spire (unless what i read was wrong) so if in case you have built unneccessary aw's which do not help in your play style...the encounters might become harder...
This is incorrect. AW levels do not make it "harder" just more "expensive".
EG
  • Without the AW= 100 units vs 100 units with 10% losses = 10 dead troops that you have to retrain.
  • With some AW = 110 units vs 110 units with 10% losses = 11 dead troops that you have to retrain.
Same "difficulty", higher "cost"

Heymrdiedier

This is incorrect. AW levels do not make it "harder" just more "expensive".
EG
  • Without the AW= 100 units vs 100 units with 10% losses = 10 dead troops that you have to retrain.
  • With some AW = 110 units vs 110 units with 10% losses = 11 dead troops that you have to retrain.
Same "difficulty", higher "cost"
Im not sure i totally agree, if you fight with even numbers, then i'd say sure, just more expensive.

but take province 40 or something

without some AW: 10.000 vs 21.000 units
with some AW: 15.000 vs 32.000 units

the last one might mean a much bigger chance of a wipe, because the first hit of an enemy might kill a full stack of your troops in 1 shot, much easier.

SoggyShorts

without some AW: 10.000 vs 21.000 units
with some AW: 15.000 vs 32.000 units

the last one might mean a much bigger chance of a wipe, because the first hit of an enemy might kill a full stack of your troops in 1 shot, much easier.
That makes no sense to me.
If your full stack increases in size by 50% and the enemy does too, then how do they suddenly get to one shot you?

EG
My stack has 20,000 HP
Enemy stack does 5,000 - 10,000 damage
vs
My stack has 30,000 HP
Enemy stack does 7,500 - 15,000 damage

Soleil Nightbloom

So, here’s a quick update on difficulty in the tournament that I have experienced this week so far. In round one depending on the tournament I usually unlock 23-25 provinces and have been managing to complete 15-17 with 6 stars. This week so far I unlocked 19 in round one and still on track for completing 15 with 6 stars (currently have 15 with 4 stars because I just finished my fourth round). I have been feeding my fully leveled fire phoenix and using my 5-day instants. I’m not a math person and don’t know what this information equates to in that sense, but I hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

Gladiola

I have been focusing much more on fights where my units are well-matched, and if there is more than one unit not well matched I cater, even when I have the numeric advantage (which I might not have done under the old system). I still see more casualties than I used to, but it is manageable and I haven't been defeated. I also feel like I've been getting fewer of the mixes of enemy where nothing matches, so maybe it's luck.

Soleil Nightbloom

I have been focusing much more on fights where my units are well-matched, and if there is more than one unit not well matched I cater, even when I have the numeric advantage (which I might not have done under the old system). I still see more casualties than I used to, but it is manageable and I haven't been defeated. I also feel like I've been getting fewer of the mixes of enemy where nothing matches, so maybe it's luck.
This has always been my approach to fighting in general for both tournament and spire.

Heymrdiedier

If your full stack increases in size by 50% and the enemy does too, then how do they suddenly get to one shot you?

EG
My stack has 20,000 HP
vs
My stack has 30,000 HP
now you got me doubting as well :)

Im thinking you do less damage to the enemy if your against the odds, meaning more enemy units survive which do more damage back to your units. But if its % wise, that wouldnt make much difference i guess. not sure anymore now :) Feels harder at least guess its only a feeling

The Unbeliever

EG
My stack has 20,000 HP
vs
My stack has 30,000 HP
...because that's ignoring any/all bonuses units have vs. each other. ;)

If that enemy stack does 5000 - 10 000k damage vs. your 20k HP stack is one thing.
But now give that same enemy stack even just a 50% damage bonus vs. your stack and things get very ugly very quickly. :p

Now add in de-buffs to the mix...
And for gaks and giggles, let's consider that only rarely do we get fights of 5 'same' enemy unit types, thereby forcing players to either try and use a mix of troops (which will result in horriawful unit vs. unit match-ups), or else just eat the 1-2 bad match-ups with the basic '5x same unit' most auto-battle players are shoehorned into.

So yes, enemy units OHKO'ing your units is absolutely a thing. (and also goes in reverse too, for example in the early provinces, throwing an Archer or a Ranger vs. a Thornrose Mage or Necromancer will absolutely be a OHKO for the player!)

SoggyShorts

...because that's ignoring any/all bonuses units have vs. each other. ;)
No, those are totally irrelevant.
If an enemy has zero chance to 1-shot you including all bonuses then increasing the number of AW levels in your city has zero impact on their (lack of) ability to 1-shot you.
Your total HP per stack scales by the exact same % as their damage per stack when you increase stack size.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
This has nothing to do with the newly discovered change to units based on their attack/defense bonus, but is intended to address the subject of enemy unit types found in specific tourneys and how that affects fighting difficulty. I define 'difficulty' as cost in time/resources to replace lost troops.
Here's how I wrapped my brain around the troops found under the new Tourney structure:
Some enemy troops have a higher probability of appearing based on the tourney type. It remains possible to encounter one of each enemy unit type in any tourney battle, there is just a higher likelihood of certain enemy troops in certain tourneys. I've never seen anything *official*, but here's what I have for most likely enemy types by tourney:
Marble: Heavy Melee
Steel: Mage
Planks: Light Range
Crystal: Mage & Heavy Ranged
Scroll: Light Ranged & Heavy Ranged
Silk: Light Melee & Heavy Melee
Elixir: Light Range, Light Melee & Heavy Melee
Magic Dust: Light Melee, Mage & Heavy Ranged
Gems: Light Melee, Heavy Ranged & Heavy Melee
Enemy unit types become more complicated between T1 (with one unit type highly likely), T2 (with 2 unit types highly likely) and T3 (with 3 unit types being highly likely). With a majority (I *think*) of players who fight using the auto-fight feature, the T3 fights are likely to be the most costly. I think they're most costly for manual fighters as well, but manual fighters can spread that cost across several unit types making replacing those lost troops less costly/time consuming. With auto-fight working best with 5 of the same unit type, those players are going to have their costs concentrated in replacement of one or two unit types.

Gladiola

Traditionally scrolls were considered the most awful, iirc. Steel was easiest. But that is from before the changes where they mixed the enemy types up more. I haven't played enough since then to really know, except that everything got worse.