• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Battle gone nuts!

DeletedUser2963

- The wall is there, but it's hardly explained to starting players. In fact, you're pretty much encouraged to scout out.

I could not agree with this more if i tried. A new player has no way of knowing! It's terrible.

They play the game, scout their tales off fight the first two rings with few issues, then hit ring 3 in chapter one and get wiped out! A number of them are managing to negotiate into ring four while they are still in chapter 1. Then they are stuck. The troop counts in those rings dont drop when they hit chapter 2 because they were scouted prior to researching the scout tech. They log in here because they can't fight and learn that hahaha, you scouted to far out...
There needs to be some type of warning for new players, right now there is nothing

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4716

Actually - it is worse than just being encouraged to scout out by quests - if you want to join the "events" you have to scout out: and get extra relics: and end up with reward buildings you cannot use because you don't have the expansions to fit them in!

DeletedUser2963

Actually - it is worse than just being encouraged to scout out by quests - if you want to join the "events" you have to scout out: and get extra relics: and end up with reward buildings you cannot use because you don't have the expansions to fit them in!

Yes, however if you are inside the line inno drew, to compete in the event you have to over scout by one or two provinces. It results in a handful of expensive fights, not an entire ring. Over scouting a bit isn't that hard to over come, but an entire ring or more :eek:

DeletedUser2870

Exactly. I had kinda forgotten about that, since in most worlds I'm in the dwarven chapter, though on the US server I'm now nearly half into the fairy chapter and my main world I'm in the woodelf chapter.

Which is why I wanted to see what a new player would encounter after some people just quit. Well, as I said, I understand too well. People are encouraged to scout ahead, then WHAM! they are stuck and get told it's their own fault for going that far ahead. Talking about an absurd situaion!
This whole game has gotten way out of sync and it's getting steadily worse.
And Inno, you can bet your collective asses that the guys who left aren't going to come up with positive feedback. Understand that they are pretty experienced online gamers I know from other games (and 2 real-time friends) who aren't noobs in gaming. They followed the directions they were given, were enthousiastic and spent time on the game, in some cases bought diamonds and then suddenly are stuck with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Can you blame them for quitting? I can't.
Can you blame them for negative feedback on other gameforums? I can't.

DeletedUser2870

Yes, however if you are inside the line inno drew, to compete in the event you have to over scout by one or two provinces. It results in a handful of expensive fights, not an entire ring. Over scouting a bit isn't that hard to over come, but an entire ring or more :eek:

An entire ring isn't hard to accomplish if a player has a basic understanding of the game, is able to do some strategic battling and an experienced gamer.
And since the quests actually encourage one to do so, without ANY warning about not doing so, why shouldn't he? It's the way to get more KP's, thus upgraded buildings, troops and more space.
It's a mark of enthousiasm and dedication and that is now being punished.

DeletedUser2963

An entire ring isn't hard to accomplish if a player has a basic understanding of the game, is able to do some strategic battling and an experienced gamer.
"Basic understanding of the game" is the problem. The game just changed, and the devs need to add info to the game so players can understand it before they get smacked!

DeletedUser2870

"Basic understanding of the game" is the problem. The game just changed, and the devs need to add info to the game so players can understand it before they get smacked!

True, but how are you ever going to convince anyone to play your game if you start telling them right from the start that they have to go slow, slow, slow and can expect to be facing more slowing down during the game?
Somehow I don't get the feeling you're going to attract a lot of people

DeletedUser3610

True, but how are you ever going to convince anyone to play your game if you start telling them right from the start that they have to go slow, slow, slow and can expect to be facing more slowing down during the game?
Somehow I don't get the feeling you're going to attract a lot of people
Exactly. How are you going to attain new players or convince them to stay by telling them they can't actually play your game? They will just stop playing even sooner.

Last edited by a moderator: