• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Battle help

• Thread starter Deleted User - 4684565
  • Start date

Deleted User - 4684565

Greetings from Sir Mackintosh
I was reading about battle help and I came upon what Ice wolf mentioned above battle help and I agree, especially when trying to negotiate simple fact is when you are trying to negotiate or scout a province it gets more expensive with each province and more expensive when trying to negotiate in battle and it cost more supplies ,you are constantly training troops and crafting supplies and it makes it hard especially lower level players like myself and if you have more than one city that you are trying to build I truly believe it would be beneficial not only to each player but to the Elvenar team and inno games as well
I do hope that the Elvenar team and inno games will take this into consideration and thought
Best regards Sir Mackintosh

shimmerfly

What kind of help would you like to see?
It's every players choice how many cities they want to play. Yes, every chapter is designed to get more difficult to keep the challege going and the supplies needed are constantly higher.
I would love to hear your suggestions!

Deleted User - 4684565

My suggestion would be lower training time for troops cost of negotiating and scouting time

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My suggestion would be lower training time for troops cost of negotiating and scouting time

There are Ancient Wonders that you will eventually research that will reduce training time as you level up the Wonder. Leveling up the Barracks reduces training time. Armories increase the number of troops you can train, which will increase training times. Every time you start a new chapter, the first tech, usually called Advanced Scouts, reduces your current cost and time to scout. Every time you scout a province, the cost and time for the next one goes up slightly. Completing Squad Size Upgrade research slightly reduces the difficulty of completing any province that has not yet been scouted. So there are already plenty of things in the game that do what you want. You just have to get further into the game to benefit from some of them.

kctanzen

5 wonders I would plan to have for a city....
Not in any specific order of importance.
There are a number of others that are extremely useful -- these 5 I don't think I could do without however.
Individual play style has a huge impact on what you might consider more or less critical.

== Needles of Tempest --- Faster barracks training queues and all light range units have higher damage output
== Martial Monastery (Sanctuary if human) -- Every unit has more health and over time, adds a not insignificant amount of culture to your city
== Golden Abyss -- small footprint, very low cost to level up, adds a percentage of population back into your work force and every 3 hours produces gold
== Prosperity Towers -- Greatly increases the effectiveness of Power of Provision spells on workshops and every 3 hours produces supplies
== Dragon Abbey -- Instant mana, every time you use a spell - so if you have enough spells, there is no mana decay to worry about, also increases damage for all your mage units

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Why not just have a bunch of super bombs you craft? One of those wipes out your enemies with no losses to you. Make one crafting slot have one bomb in it all the time and make it cost 10 sf and take 10 seconds to craft and the minute you collected one the slot reset to offer another. That would end all the difficulty in any encounters and everything wold be "hunky-dory" again. Small players, large players and all the players in between would just drop the bomb and that encounter would be toast. No catering necessary. AND, the benefit of using up all those SF's would "rebalance" things too!

Of course, would it be fun to have it so easy? Some players might think it would...and some not. I say, "drop the bomb" on those who don't agree.

AJ

DeletedUser27062

There are Ancient Wonders that you will eventually research that will reduce training time as you level up the Wonder. Leveling up the Barracks reduces training time. Armories increase the number of troops you can train, which will increase training times. Every time you start a new chapter, the first tech, usually called Advanced Scouts, reduces your current cost and time to scout. Every time you scout a province, the cost and time for the next one goes up slightly. Completing Squad Size Upgrade research slightly reduces the difficulty of completing any province that has not yet been scouted. So there are already plenty of things in the game that do what you want. You just have to get further into the game to benefit from some of them.
None of those things compensate for learning losses which is why so many people quit early on in the game. It's one thing to keep the game challenging (though I doubt that's Inno's intent) and a whole other thing to make learning to fight so frustratingly difficult. The first few chapters are essential for learning the ropes and yet players are hamstrung from the get go. Training up troops is excruciatingly slow, losses are devastating and negotiating massively expensive. The learning curve is a 90 degree cliff. The differences between fighting on a pc and in the app are so big it's almost like there are completely different rules. Even the labeling of 'easy' vs 'hard' is inconsistent and every time you negotiate you're losing out on a learning experience yet without appropriate troops and experience what choice do you have?

I've recently unlocked my first AWs. I haven't placed them because the cost, both in produced goods and the space they'll take up, is prohibitive. And tbh, I'm not seeing that the ongoing costs of leveling up to receive discounted training time is even worth it.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
world map provinces in chapters 2 to 4/5ish are unbalanced, at least according to players not inno. You used to be able to learn in tournaments but the recent change while a boost to doing those areas also removed your learning opportunity. The only good news is that it does get easier from around chapter 4 or 5 depending on what techs you did and it only gets easier from there (depending on your choices)

some of those early wonders while great eventually are not so initially. they take time but do become very handy. Often there are fellowships who will help out both in advice and goods to help you through the hurdle. Large neighbours will often help with trades too.