• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Battle Sheet

DeletedUser4778

I'm glad you're seeing some light, @Breann. I hope to be done with inputting all unit stats this week while fulfilling the Halloween event quests. I definitely recommend tournaments as training ground. Not only are the numbers closer to ours, the repeating terrain and enemies can really help with seeing how the enemy moves. I often open up two encounters in two different provinces with the exact same terrain and troops -- the only difference is their numbers. I fight the easier one first while studying enemy movement closely and think of what I could have done better and then fight the other encounter. I then open the exact same terrain in a third province and repeat the process to confirm my findings. Sometimes I made bad choices in the 2nd fight but at least I learned not to use those units or a particular combo anymore. I was pretty much on autopilot in the last two to three legs of the marble tourney and fought all the way up to Province 9. I wish I'd been able to fight Province 10 but I just didn't have enough troops.

UPDATE: Done inputting all unit stats and corresponding formulas. Whew. Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3707

I'm struggling to understand everything, but at least now I see there's some kind of method to the madness. Thanks for taking the time to help people like me. I'll be coming back to this post as well as referring others. Keep up the good work.

Breann,
The majority of us don't understand much of anything since this update stuff came along. You're not alone. What I did is if you have Windows you have something called notepad in your accessories. I have notepad pinned to my taskbar and I copied everything he said and went to google doc and copied it in the same file and saved it to my desktop so I can get to it anytime I need to. Just a suggestion.

DeletedUser4778

I have spreadsheets galore and a notepad that's full of lots of info too. Cannot rely on my memory and mental math or even the calculator with all the info and stats this game has. It's definitely not an easy game especially if you want to progress at a good pace.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@Draconomicon Would it be possible to add another sheet in it with a squad size (difficulty) calculator? something so a person can plug in their squad size, enemy squad size and number of enemy squads. It could then provide the normalised 5v5 squad size and even the combat difficulty ratio.

DeletedUser4778

@Draconomicon Would it be possible to add another sheet in it with a squad size (difficulty) calculator? something so a person can plug in their squad size, enemy squad size and number of enemy squads. It could then provide the normalised 5v5 squad size and even the combat difficulty ratio.
Sure! I'm not sure if my computations will be correct but you can always check it. I'll have it up by today or tomorrow (kinda sleepy and wanna take it slow this Sunday).

Addition: Just realized it's easy formulas. Added the Combat Difficulty sheet already. I hope it's what you're looking for. Naturally, I got the info from the chart you posted in your Combat Guide. Btw, I think the formula should be Enemy Squad Size divided by My Squad Size and not the other way around as it is in your chart?

DeletedUser4778

UPDATE: The Battle Sheet now reflects the changes for version 1.17. Again, all stats were taken from Elven Architect. I noticed that they removed the duration for some special abilities but I retained most in the sheet since the duration for my Sor II's Broken Valor is still the same.

IMPORTANT: The thornrose mage now has a strikeback against range attacks. The sorceress's reduced range now makes her into cannon fodder. I've noticed nobody aside from me is viewing the battle sheet anymore where there used to be 3-5 before. My battle sheet is now battle sh!t. I will probably give up fighting and sell my armories since I can no longer find a winnable fight even against those that are supposedly within my limit.

DeletedUser4778

Decided to crunch some numbers and use a previous example I posted in this thread. Again, here are the armies of 2 Steel Provinces, both in Ring 7. There's only a town and two provinces between them. One was scouted in Chapter 4 before the new battle system and the other was scouted just today in Chapter 5 after completing Advanced Scouts research.

Steel (scouted in Chapter 5 with Advanced Scouts)
410 thieves II, 137 thornrose mages, 68x2 swamp monsters II
= squad size 410, 683 troops, 4 squads
243 thieves II, 41 orc warriors, 41x6 swamp monsters II
= squad size 243, 530 troops, 8 squads
297x2 thieves II, 50 orc warriors, 50x3 swamp monsters II
= squad size 297, 794 troops, 5 squads
297x4 thieves II, 99 thornrose mages, 50 swamp monsters II
= 1337 troops, squad size 297, 6 squads
297 thieves II, 99x3 thornrose mages, 50x2 swamp monsters II = squad size 297, 694 troops, 6 squads
366x3 thieves II, 89 thornrose mages, 44 orc warriors, 44x2 swamp monsters II
= squad size 266, 1319 troops, 7 squads
341x2 thieves II, 114x2 thornrose mages, 57 swamp monsters II
= squad size 341, 967 troops, 5 squads
266 thieves II, 89 thornrose mages, 44 orc warriors, 44x4 monsters II
= squad size 266, 487 troops, 7 squads

Steel (scouted in Chapter 4)
390x3 thieves II, 130 thornrose mages, 65x3 swamp monsters II
= squad size 390, 1495 troops, 5 squads
600 thieves II, 200 thornrose mages, 100x2 swamp monsters II
= squad size 600, 1000 troops, 4 squads
355x2 thieves II, 118x2 thornrose mages, 59x4 swamp monsters II
= squad size 355, 1182 troops, 8 squads
390x3 thieves II, 130 thornrose mages, 65 orc warriors, 65x2 swamp monsters II
= squad size 390, 1495 troops, 6 squads
435x2 thieves II, 73 orc warriors, 73x3 swamp monsters II
= squad size 435, 1162 troops, 6 squads
435x2 thieves II, 73 orc warriors, 145 thornrose mages, 73x2 swamp monsters II
= squad size 435, 1234 troops, 6 squads
435 thieves II, 73 orc warriors, 145x2 thornrose mages, 73x2 swamp monsters II
= squad size 435, 944 troops, 6 squads
600 thieves II, 100 orc warriors, 200 thornrose mages, 100 swamp monsters II
= squad size 600, 1000 troops, 4 squads

Let's take the first province and arrange from lowest to highest in terms of number of troops:
= squad size 297, 694 troops, 6 squads
= squad size 297, 1337 troops, 6 squads

And now in terms of # of squads:
(This is the normal number of squads I encounter in each province which means only 1 encounter has fewer squads than mine, 2 have the same size, and 5 have more. That strikes me as unfair.)

And lastly in terms of squad size:

Let's now check the combat ratio using the max squad size of 240 available in Chapter 4:
= squad size 243, 530 troops, 8 squads, ratio: 1.62
= squad size 266, 487 troops, 7 squads, ratio: 1.55
= squad size 266, 1319 troops, 7 squads, ratio: 1.55
= squad size 297, 694 troops, 6 squads, ratio: 1.49
= squad size 297, 1337 troops, 6 squads, ratio: 1.49
= squad size 297, 794 troops, 5 squads, ratio: 1.24
= squad size 341, 967 troops, 5 squads, ratio: 1.42
= squad size 410, 683 troops, 4 squads, ratio: 1.37
(Assuming I fought the above in Chapter 4 and using the Combat Ratio of 1.2 to 1.4 for moderate difficulty, all but 1.62 fell within this range so the balance tips towards supposed fairness.)

Now apply the max squad size of 366 available in Chapter 5:
= squad size 243, 530 troops, 8 squads, ratio: 1.06
= squad size 266, 487 troops, 7 squads, ratio: 1.02
= squad size 266, 1319 troops, 7 squads, ratio: 1.02
= squad size 297, 694 troops, 6 squads, ratio: .97
= squad size 297, 1337 troops, 6 squads, ratio: .97
= squad size 297, 794 troops, 5 squads, ratio: .81
= squad size 341, 967 troops, 5 squads, ratio: .93
= squad size 410, 683 troops, 4 squads, ratio: .90
(Assuming I fought the above in Chapter 5, all fights average out to normal difficulty.)

Factors that I believe affect difficulty:
Troop Composition, Terrain, # of Squads, First Strike

I'm not even going to see what the figures are with the max squad size for Chapter 6 since this province needs to be solved before entering Chapter 6 to meet the province requirement.

Let's assume, just assume, that the above province is typical for all provinces I'm facing right now. But I can only barely win now -- mainly because of the nerfing of the sorceress -- and when I do, losses are so heavy that it's not worth the time, resources, and energy.

To all followers of this Battle Sheet, I have now turned mostly Negotiator/Caterer/Scalped.

DeletedUser4778

Thanks, @Katwijk. Just to make sure I have it right, what's the formula for Squad Units x Weight and can you give me an example, say for this case:

Also, is there a list anywhere of the number of goods it requires to cater tournament provinces through all 6 stages? I think I read somewhere that catering costs are affected by the number of scouted provinces you have so the costs for one player probably won't be the same for many others but I'd be interested in seeing an overview of the costs. I didn't have the time to list them before and I'm trying to do so now but I'm not going all the way for the current tourney since it's not my boosted good.

DeletedUser4778

UPDATE: There is now a Provinces sheet which compiles information from Elvenar Platinum Leaf Community, Mykan's Guide, and many comments by forum users.

DeletedUser4778

UPDATE: A Unit vs. Unit sheet has been added for easier comparison of attack and damage vs. enemy unit types. The banshee's stats have also been added.

DeletedUser1996

Well - Thank you "Draconomicon " you put a lot into this. I dont fight anymore --but this is good stuff -just the same. :)

DeletedUser3707

Don't know if anyone still pays attention to this but, just in case anyone is, I've updated all unit stats to match those in Elven Architect and release 1.22.

Hey Draconomicon!!!!!!
I always follow you. lol So where is this new information please?

DeletedUser4778

Hey Draconomicon!!!!!!
I always follow you. lol So where is this new information please?

In the Battle Sheet spreadsheet linked in the first post. All affected units' stats have been changed to match those of the latest release.

tincture

The Province Combos section has no Mist Walkers listed and I thought they were at least in Marble and Gems provinces.

DeletedUser4778

The Province Combos section has no Mist Walkers listed and I thought they were at least in Marble and Gems provinces.
Yes, I have yet to update that. Been busy with RL and other stuff but, on the whole, with all the unit types introduced lately, I am thinking of editing the entries to unit type now, e.g. light range, instead of listing a specific unit.

EDIT: This info has now been updated. Thanks for the reminder!

DeletedUser4778

I am very much within the GZ with 145 scouted provinces out of the 160 required for orcs. I've always said the mist walker was overpowered ever since I first saw its stats last year and felt that truth painfully today when I started fighting in world map provinces again to meet the chest requirement for Orcs.

My squad size is the max for Fairies at 834 for a total of 4170 unweighted troops.

Scrolls: Ring 8, 130 mist walkers II, 259 bandits II, 65x4 abbots II, 43 orc deserters
I used 834x5 5 cerberus II. 86 were lost in the first round, total of 303 casualties

Gems: Ring 9, 111x3 steinlings II, 111x2 knights II, 74 cannoneers II
I used 208x5 sorceresses; lost 10 in the first round to the cannoneer, total of 45 casualties

Steel: Ring 10, this one's squad size was only a hundred or so fewer than mine
783 thieves II, 261 thornrose mages 2, 196 knights II, 131x2 ferocious swamp monsters
I used 2 squads of granite golems and 3 squads of elite archers, 123 casualties
Another fight in this province (don't recall the enemy composition but I used all elite archers since there were no thieves) resulted in zero casualties.

How ridiculous that 2 fights in Ring 10 results in 0 and 123 casualties, a fight in Ring 9 results in 45 casualties, while a fight in Ring 8 results in 303 casualties. Yes, terrain is a factor and so is enemy composition but I lose so much to those darn mist walkers every single time.

I would previously have normally scouted all the Ring 8 and Ring 9 provinces I have left but I am modifying my scouting strategy to due to the scalper wholesaler which intensifies my need to reach better and bigger trading partners. I intend to mostly ignore any of my boosted provinces (I'm maxed in all 3) except where they can give me access to a trading partner and any provinces that won't grant me a neighbor whenever possible.

I now plan to ignore all provinces that have mist walkers in them as much as I can.

[Tagging @Sir Squirrel and @Dhurrin (hope you see this whenever you do pass by) because I know you hate those darn things as much as I do.]

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah the mist walker is crazy with it's range and initiative it gets first strike and can back out of the way, out of the reach of our troops. I found dogs can get to them, but still have to take the first hit, there retaliation is killer too if you use any ranged unit against them, because again they have a huge range. There appearance is deceiving also, as it looks like it is the counter troop of the Dryads, but at closer inspection they have the movement, range and initiative of the ranger troop (that we don't get until wood elves), and the attack and defense of the Dryad. We don't have a troop with the initiative it does until the ranger and this troop is in battles in the very early chapters, but should not be until we have the ranger (IMO), we can't even scout the battle out without losing troops because of its initiative and range.

Last edited: