• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Battle Special Ability Conflict

DeletedUser1390

Game version: __ v1.31.4-(be815a1db) (2017-06-09 10:09)
Game world: __Kheelonar
Browser + version: __Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)
Account name: __Elven Ivory
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5

I don't know if you consider this a bug but it requires correction in any case.

I just noticed that when I use Cerebuses and Golems to attack the same unit, the Cerebus's Laceration (def. -20%) is overridden and replaced by the Golem's Shield Slicer (def. 10%). Naturally these abilities should stack, or at the very least the weaker one should not override the stronger one, creating a penalty for using the second unit.

DeletedUser3640

it requires correction in any case.

Agreed, but it's been like that from the beginning, only 1 of each "type" of debuff can be active (meaning attack debuff and defence debuff), so whenever you apply one, last one gets replaced by the new one.

Personally I don't think debuffs should stack, combat is easy enough with dumb AI, and debuff stacking would make it even easier (granted, in some cases - harder), but(!) I agree that weaker debuffs should not override stronger ones.

DeletedUser1390

Thanks. I remember there were originally problems with debuffs cancelling each other out which were fixed, but maybe that was just that attack and defense debuffs wouldn't cancel each other out, which if so I didn't realize.

I also know a while back they made multiple bonuses multiply together rather than add, to avoid (among other things) invulnerable units. So if that applied in this case, the 20% would just go to 22%, but at least it wouldn't be reduced. But maybe that only applied to a buff or debuff on top of a unit's base bonuses?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thank you for the report! As Reiq has said however this is not a bug.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Thank you for the report! As Reiq has said however this is not a bug.
Except he didn't say it's not a bug, just that it's always been that way. The weaker debuff should not be overriding the stronger debuff. that is a bug.

DeletedUser

It may not be working the way some prefer, but that does not mean it is not working the way it was designed to work. We do appreciate the feedback and suggestions and will ensure they are passed along to the development team. :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I appreciate your calming demeanor, but I am quite certain that this is not the intention, just the way it happens to be easiest to code. It is a terrible way to handle the mechanic, and should be on the list of things to be fixed. There is no reasonable mechanic under which a stronger attack should be replaced by the results of a weaker one. It is counter-intuitive, and at odds with the world on which our experiences are based.

DeletedUser1390

Thank you both for clarifying this. So we agree it is not a bug in the strict sense, but rather sloppy, illogical and competitively unfair battle mechanic design. Glad we got that cleared up. Now kindly report it as such and have it fixed.