• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Battle:Tactics, Tips & Tricks

Which army would you choose if entering an elimination style tourney? (equal size/all upgraded)

• Total voters

DeletedUser1122

I meant this one
I lifted that out of the calculator. It was the calculator that helped me work out different combo's for fighting. It also illustrated that INNO has designed death traps where you will loose most or all your troops within otherwise easy/doable provinces.

combined them with anything else on Fighting that I could beg, steal or borrow elsewhere, including picking the brains of senior players.

And no one told you about Bune's spreadsheet and battle calculator? The most senior players are on Beta. Some of the best are on this forum (myself excluded, I'm here to add sex appeal).
The best fighting advice was given by a moderator Missanthropy "I've been waiting until overwhelming forces were available, and then I went back and rolled over the defenders." This remains the best single battle plan. Don't fight fair.
It was so effective INno Games has added a new rule to Beta 1 and 2 that you need X number of provinces to continue on the research tree. Still is the best fighting advice. Minimum provinces. Skip the hard ones and then go back. It is also an effective way to get more provinces.
You should of joined the forums sooner.
Welcome aboard.

The Facebook Group is free for all to join, for the same reason - helping players of all levels.
Whoa a lot of work. Months and months. Good stuff.
You have missed some stuff on the Ancient Wonderless from the Beta 1 forum, this forum, and the International forum. They suck. Even using faulty math, shards are stupid hard to get.

I guess more importantly you may of missed this post from the moderator Avatrix
"There is a good use for those runes. They can become broken shards to be used in any Wonder. How? Fill the ruin ring then build the Wonder and sell it again. That will result in a empty rune ring. Which can be filled from the start again and hopefully break as many runes in the process as possible. That is how I filled the last 4 spots in the ring for my mountain hall and I will most likely do the same when the Faerie Wonders become available."

Don't build the worthless AW's. Use them to build the best first, the Mountain Hall and if you have more space than the outer planets go backwards.
Remember they were so worthless INno games had to say they were going to add points to them. In a few months:)

Wait to you see fairies eat space. You'd think they were a football team at a all-you-can eat.
Good luck on your enterprise. It is very positive about the game.

I've asked my grumpy bears to look at it and quit complaining about the stupid as concrete Magic Academy and dumb spells.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

6pac, is there a similar cheat sheet for elves? I'd love to see it! In fact, do you have a link to Bune's calculator too?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
  • You can create really nice BBCode tables. The codes are listed in the help at the lower right corner of each forum page.
  • Just zip the file, and then you can upload it as an attachment.
I just attached a zipped version of the file to my original post, for those who do not have Facebook.

DeletedUser2388

Hello all. I've been playing for about a week so far and it's going well as far as my town (Loony Toons) growing and prospering but I have a pretty basic newb battle question for any seasoned players that can help out. Is there a basic formula for use this type of troop against that type of foe? So far I have the axe barbarian, archer and cerberus at my disposal each presently around 250 strong. I have 2 armories at level 4 and need to expand to build advanced barracks. It's slow but steady due to the expansions slowly coming. TIA for any help you might pass my way.

DeletedUser594

Two most important things to learn- how to set your troops up in the order you choose top to bottom
and scouting- sending an axe in to just look at the set up and then choosing which troop you want where
to get the matchups you're asking for-Found here https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/encounters-guide.488/Basic:who beats whom:
  • Axe>> Orcs, Dogs, Archers, necromancers
  • cerberus vs archers, canon, little bit effective against golem and steinling (useless against treants, swamp)
  • Archers vs treants , swamp monsters, other archers, (useless against necro/golem and never against dogs
some basic tips-:
  • avoid getting hit first- set your troops just outside enemy range to counter on next move.
  • set your archers out of dogs attack line
  • instead of 5 archers use 4+1 axe. The axe will absorb a lot of damage that would have decimated your arcer
  • The order the troops attack Axe, cerberus, archer,paladin,priest is determined by initiative- it's in wiki- importyant to get a sense of it
  • se axe to clog passageways, keep archers behind,
  • if a troop is close to dead use them to block the paths of oncoming enemy walk up to enemy-don't hit them -end turn so no counterblow to kill you- they have to waste their move hitting that troop
  • The AI will attack your troop with the highest initiative
Go to the wiki page entitled units to learn some more- keep both wiki tab and battleguide tab handy and refrence as you go.
good luck- I'll add some more material later when I have time to pull it together

katwijks clean bulletpointed posts make my posts look like a brick
ahh..,better

DeletedUser61

Is there a basic formula for use this type of troop against that type of foe?

For the first several rings you'll have pretty fair success, as a Human, if you click your troops
  • Crossbowmen (Center)
  • Axe Barbarian, Axe Barbarian (Middle, Middle)
  • Crossbowmen, Crossbowmen (End, End)
The Axe Barbarians have the highest initiative so they will move first, and will shield the Crossbowmen from getting into trouble.

The Crossbowmen will then pour in the quarrels on whoever is attacking the Axe Barbarians, so you won't waste any turns getting into position.

If the enemy has ONLY ranged units, then 5 Cerberi do quite nicely.

For the first several rings you'll have pretty fair success, as an Elf, if you click your troops
  • Archer
  • Sword Dancer, Sword Dancer
  • Archer, Archer
The sword dancers have the highest initiative so they will move first, and will shield the Archers from getting into trouble.

The Archers will then pour in the arrows on whoever is attacking the Sword Dancers, so you won't waste any turns getting into position.

The ranged only situation isn't quite as clean for the Elves. but the Melee only is MUCH easier. You just stack up 5 Treants and wait for the enemy to destroy themselves.

DeletedUser2388

TYVM for the quick and helpful responses. I'm going to take your advice and see if the battles get any easier because I conquered enough provinces auto won't cut it anymore lol. Sent a request to that Facebook group as well so I can pick more brains on battle tactics. :)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Two most important things to learn- how to set your troops up in the order you choose top to bottom
and scouting- sending an axe in to just look at the set up and then choosing which troop you want where
to get the matchups you're asking for-Found here https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/encounters-guide.488/Basic:who beats whom:
  • Axe>> Orcs, Dogs, Archers, necromancers
  • cerberus vs archers, canon, little bit effective against golem and steinling (useless against treants, swamp)
  • Archers vs treants , swamp monsters, other archers, (useless against necro/golem and never against dogs
some basic tips-:
  • avoid getting hit first- set your troops just outside enemy range to counter on next move.
  • set your archers out of dogs attack line
  • instead of 5 archers use 4+1 axe. The axe will absorb a lot of damage that would have decimated your arcer
  • The order the troops attack Axe, cerberus, archer,paladin,priest is determined by initiative- it's in wiki- importyant to get a sense of it
  • se axe to clog passageways, keep archers behind,
  • if a troop is close to dead use them to block the paths of oncoming enemy walk up to enemy-don't hit them -end turn so no counterblow to kill you- they have to waste their move hitting that troop
  • The AI will attack your troop with the highest initiative
Go to the wiki page entitled units to learn some more- keep both wiki tab and battleguide tab handy and refrence as you go.
good luck- I'll add some more material later when I have time to pull it together

katwijks clean bulletpointed posts make my posts look like a brick
ahh..,better

Thanks!
I added those Basic Tips to my Fighting Strategy document.
I hope you do not mind?

DeletedUser594

And that's when Blessed Paladin be like....

66gncz.jpg

DeletedUser626

And that's when Blessed Paladin be like....

66gncz.jpg

hehe, I so wanna post a mortal combat sweep video.. but I know it's against the rules lol

in that situation, I would have used as an elven army rock throwers.. they work very well.. just saying.

Attachments

• Elven Army.JPG
    Elven Army.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 87

DeletedUser594

Blocking Treants and Swamp monsters is pretty straight forward with their limited range- Knights are a bit trickier and I like to do what I call a rolling block on them. It takes two heavy melee (Treants or Paladin) in front with 1-2 archers behind. It works best if it's down to just your troops and the knight. Since the Knight can move 2+attack 2 spaces away it's impossible to block with just one troop and you need troop+obstacle or 2 troops.
This blocking scheme allows you to reset after multiple blocks if the terrain is right and works if the Knight tries to go left or right around your blockers.
29ncugo.jpg

I made some pics to illustrate- the troops each have a color to see where they start and finish.
c5ldgQB.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
c5ldgQB.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
x3by4j.jpg

29ncugo.jpg
29ncugo.jpg

DeletedUser594

The Storm Barbarian//Sword Acrtobat upgrade in the dwarven tech is really helpful against golem- especially if backed by a sorceress. The high troop count golem just destroy heavy melee. I had a treant(21) that lost 1health point from the WarDog (633) in 1st riound, and 20HP when hit by a golem in second round. I would have been better off with a sword in the treants spot

1z4aee0.jpg