• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Battles way beyond beginners

SparklyAdnil

I keep being asked to fight battles and WIN, but as a newbie, beginner, they are so far above the abilities granted that there is no possibility of my winning. How can I proceed with these limitations?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If you have a Magic Academy and can craft, then stock up on 5-day fight buildings. They will help tremendously.

Until you have the ability to craft, you're really going to struggle. Best of luck to you.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
btw the best overall 5-day building is the unleashed unit upgrade (the UUU). That helps for all of your troops, not just one type.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I'm not sure they're worth using all those buffs to attempt it. I would try to decline if it's a chapter quest and do the alternate quest if it's an event quest. They will keep coming up too. Unfortunately, it sounds like you're already over scouted, but having learned from experience, I've actually scouted around a very easy province to keep a province very easy for when I need it. It's also better to do tourney for KPs and relics than map provinces for sure. Be careful about over scouting. There's also an Orc wall they don't warn you about. You can't clear provinces past the 11th concentric ring until you unlock Breeding Grounds tech in Orc chapter.
very_easy_scouting.jpg

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
To be honest, I always thought it’s the 10th ring bc that is the number shown when you click on provinces button in the map view of browser, but people here say it’s the 11th? I dunno. Some people here like to argue the word “the” for the halibut too (shrug). I went with 11 bc it’ll def be within range. The number doesn’t matter to me so long as people know enough that an overscouted wall is coming and require a ladder made of Orcs to climb over. If you need to count the rings, you’re prob cutting it close.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I thought it was past the 9th ring. Thanks for the clarification, Crackie!

You are both a bit off. As long as a player fully completes one ring before moving to the next, they can fully scout the 10th ring before orcs are needed. Completing the first 10 rings gives you 222 provinces. Now, if someone shoots out at a weird angle with their scouting, they can still need orcs once they reach the 11th ring, no matter how few provinces they have actually scouted.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@SparklyAdnil What chapter are you in? I ask because the game has developed a bad spot from about chapter 3 to chapter 5, where no matter how careful you are with how many provinces you scout, the fights are still Hard or Very Hard. That stretch pretty much has to be catered to get through. Also make sure you complete any Squad upgrade research as soon as you get to them because they will make the difficulty/cost of unscouted provinces a little cheaper. But like others have said, it the quest has a Decline button (Cancel button in the app version), then it is not a mandatory quest and you can dump it. If it is the one in the events that says "fight and win 3 encounters or use a pet food", then you are stuck doing one of those two choices to move forward. A note on that too, if you make a pet food in your magic academy and don't have a pet building to give it to, you can disenchant the pet food and it will count for the quest.