• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Battles

DeletedUser186

I've run out of provinces to conquer on the World Map without stronger troops.

Thinking of researching the Sword Dancer Promotion.

What does this research give?

DeletedUser186

Brilliant - that's what I need. I'm at the stage where A full compliment of swords and archers cannot beat the opposition. I'll research it now.

Thank you very much indeed.

Deleted User - 90

Unit promotions are just amazing, you will need them.

DeletedUser64

i dont think its much better
even with 12 more lvl2 they still weaker than knights, a lot, and you cant kite knights, the range of 2 is inside your archers range, so it must be blocked with sword dancers
vs the war dogs is good i guess and thieves, bandits, but is just slightly better
treants are stronger, they got bonus, yet if you count the weight too, and the space you have at 60 squad size, its just marginally better
so far in battles i seen that opponents dont focus on the treants, and they are last moving, so archers have no protection

Deleted User - 90

Units never become "useless" in Elvenar, from my experience, you should incorporate every unit in some way (not necessarily for every battle)

DeletedUser186

Well I have Treants now and they only battle in groups of 5. Have tried all sorts of combinations to win. Best I can do is a whole day of building to win two battles the next day.

So progress has slowed - significantly.

DeletedUser246

I've run out of provinces to conquer on the World Map without stronger troops.

Thinking of researching the Sword Dancer Promotion.

What does this research give?

Please let me know if you find out. I would think they would get stronger somehow but do not know.

Good luck and have a great day

DeletedUser186

Progress still slow but treants are running at 7 per group, but I still need a day's building all troops to win 2 battles. But residences are up to 8 and 11 now and they are beautiful.

DeletedUser

So do you use like 1 stack treants to tank stuff? Or what is the best way you figured out to use those.
Im asking because i´ll reasearch them soon. :))

DeletedUser64

treants can take heavy damage, without many casualities
86-106 dmg
378 hp
bonus vs light melee
12 weight (thats why they run on small numbers)
sword dancer 2
9-11 dmg
31 hp
bit of bonus vs heavy ranged
do the math
12 sword dancers
108-132 dmg
372 hp
the time is almost the same for 1 treant and 12 sword dancer

orcs, war dogs, thieves are all light melee
so you can brawl with them favorably

few tactics:
-go to fight, then take a snapshot of the battle field, usually is the same if im not wrong, you can surrender without losing any units
-there are maps where you can block incoming units in 1-2 squares, you need 2-3 troups of treants for that, just stand in the way of incoming attackers and hunt down everybody with archers
-dont move towards opponents, you can move 1-2 squares or stay in place, move forward the treants, they are last so you need them 1-2 turns to be ahead
-you can calculate what they gonna attack, the AI is stupid:
archers attack sword dancers or archers in this order, so use sword dancers to drag the attention to them, and keep archers out of range
sword dancers range is inside archers range, so you can attack then if you dont die from archers attack
they only focus treants if there is nobody else in range, or if they would need to go around treants to attack others
-vs war dogs, simply get out of their range, if they cant attack, they still move closer, when you hit first their attack will be bad, you need almost same ammount of sword dancers as war dogs to draw attention from archers, archers are very bad vs dogs but good vs orks
-archers are best units to fight, if you can defend them, so block them with treants, let opponents hit you, you can stay in a corner and wait they attack, only hit when you can, it doesnt matter how long is the fight if you lose less units
-vs mortars and archer based comps: treants are only needed if you do kamikaze run, you lose too much with swds then use only treants, they shoot randomly so you need a bit of luck, but simply run them over with swd-s and hit them from one hit, archers are weaker, they reach them maybe faster, but you need as many swd troops as mortars and archers at least, or 1 more
-vs archers, you can take up the damage with treants and keep sword dancers outside the range, but sneak closer and attack when you are close enough
-vs treants, swamp monsters etc. you need 1 treant group for assurance, and only archers, go around, step out of range and poke them until they die, usually you can avoid them to hit you for 4-5 turns
-best to fight with full 5 troups
-sword dancers are great when you got troup advantage, treants are better when you got disadvantage in troup number, but not in size
-best to skip their range and 100-0 their health, even small number of troups deal a lot of damage, so is better to kill one troup than damaging many of them, even if you could kill 15 of orks, you should finish the remaining 10 of others, as they got bonus on attacks, and 2 attacks are more than one big usually
-units only counter first attack, so try to send one unit top side, other bottom, this way you can fight in 2 fronts, if they can, they will always attack the same unit 2x instead of 2 units separately
- archers need at least 1 hex distance or they got countered , but you can attack other units standing near opponents, if you can kill that opponent with the other archers

-the main goal is to dont lose units, not to finish battle fast, you can run away when you got wounded troups, and can poke down them with archers in 2 more turns, you can use sword dancers to drag attention of anybody, opponents move toward them usually, so you can turn attention from one treant to other, damaged treants are best, thats why they are better than sword dancers, 6 treants and 72 sword dancers, same attack from archers may kill 11 sd-s but only damages the treants, if they cant do another attack on you until end of fight, you just won 11 minutes on the fight

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser311

treants can take heavy damage, without many casualities
86-106 dmg
378 hp
bonus vs light melee
12 weight (thats why they run on small numbers)
sword dancer 2
9-11 dmg
31 hp
bit of bonus vs heavy ranged
do the math
12 sword dancers
108-132 dmg
372 hp
the time is almost the same for 1 treant and 12 sword dancer

orcs, war dogs, thieves are all light melee
so you can brawl with them favorably

few tactics:
-go to fight, then take a snapshot of the battle field, usually is the same if im not wrong, you can surrender without losing any units
-there are maps where you can block incoming units in 1-2 squares, you need 2-3 troups of treants for that, just stand in the way of incoming attackers and hunt down everybody with archers
-dont move towards opponents, you can move 1-2 squares or stay in place, move forward the treants, they are last so you need them 1-2 turns to be ahead
-you can calculate what they gonna attack, the AI is stupid:
archers attack sword dancers or archers in this order, so use sword dancers to drag the attention to them, and keep archers out of range
sword dancers range is inside archers range, so you can attack then if you dont die from archers attack
they only focus treants if there is nobody else in range, or if they would need to go around treants to attack others
-vs war dogs, simply get out of their range, if they cant attack, they still move closer, when you hit first their attack will be bad, you need almost same ammount of sword dancers as war dogs to draw attention from archers, archers are very bad vs dogs but good vs orks
-archers are best units to fight, if you can defend them, so block them with treants, let opponents hit you, you can stay in a corner and wait they attack, only hit when you can, it doesnt matter how long is the fight if you lose less units
-vs mortars and archer based comps: treants are only needed if you do kamikaze run, you lose too much with swds then use only treants, they shoot randomly so you need a bit of luck, but simply run them over with swd-s and hit them from one hit, archers are weaker, they reach them maybe faster, but you need as many swd troops as mortars and archers at least, or 1 more
-vs archers, you can take up the damage with treants and keep sword dancers outside the range, but sneak closer and attack when you are close enough
-vs treants, swamp monsters etc. you need 1 treant group for assurance, and only archers, go around, step out of range and poke them until they die, usually you can avoid them to hit you for 4-5 turns
-best to fight with full 5 troups
-sword dancers are great when you got troup advantage, treants are better when you got disadvantage in troup number, but not in size
-best to skip their range and 100-0 their health, even small number of troups deal a lot of damage, so is better to kill one troup than damaging many of them, even if you could kill 15 of orks, you should finish the remaining 10 of others, as they got bonus on attacks, and 2 attacks are more than one big usually
-units only counter first attack, so try to send one unit top side, other bottom, this way you can fight in 2 fronts, if they can, they will always attack the same unit 2x instead of 2 units separately
- archers need at least 1 hex distance or they got countered , but you can attack other units standing near opponents, if you can kill that opponent with the other archers

-the main goal is to dont lose units, not to finish battle fast, you can run away when you got wounded troups, and can poke down them with archers in 2 more turns, you can use sword dancers to drag attention of anybody, opponents move toward them usually, so you can turn attention from one treant to other, damaged treants are best, thats why they are better than sword dancers, 6 treants and 72 sword dancers, same attack from archers may kill 11 sd-s but only damages the treants, if they cant do another attack on you until end of fight, you just won 11 minutes on the fight
Thank you for the information

DeletedUser

Well I have Treants now and they only battle in groups of 5. Have tried all sorts of combinations to win. Best I can do is a whole day of building to win two battles the next day.

So progress has slowed - significantly.
Same here. Takes 2 days to build up enough to get 2 or 3 sectors. Progress is at a crawl now. Maybe if units built faster

DeletedUser

I think humans get better units
cerberii are amazing for taking out enemy archers and mortars
paladins have 2 range (vs treant's 1)
and priests are mages with mortar-like stats

I feel like elves don't get a suitable counter to mortars until their 4th or 5th unit type

DeletedUser55

Great work guys thanks for the tips. all of the players can use this information

DeletedUser64

I think humans get better units
cerberii are amazing for taking out enemy archers and mortars
paladins have 2 range (vs treant's 1)
and priests are mages with mortar-like stats

I feel like elves don't get a suitable counter to mortars until their 4th or 5th unit type

paladin range is good, cause cant kite them, treants can be, and they are damn slow
but 35 treants can kill 500 ork/cerberus troop with 3-4 casuality
and basically most effective deffence agains close range

humans seem to have more damage, less hp

golems are still very similar to knights, low range, good deffence

mortars are a problem, but they are usually low in number
mixed comps are more of a problem for humans
golems will counter knights and treants, even mortars, dont have them yet, if mortars focus treants then it will be very effective

the most important is to lose less units, guess the training times are the same, so i think elves are better in long term
we still need to buy out some provinces, elves problem is range, sword dancers need higher numbers to reach squishy units and kill them
but in close range treants do great job at low cost, golems seem to be very op
so i just go for crystal and scroll provinces and wait golems for silk and marble

the unit types are always the same, so a bit of luck is needed for right boosted stuff
i got wood, scrolls and magic dust
the scrolls can be taken with treants only and the wood, magic dust with treant golem combo
with the bonuses and efficiency/training time swd-s are useless cause the movement range and higher dmg doesnt really worth it most cases
and the archers too i guess, cause treants dont defend them

Attachments

• 2015-05-11_14-23-51.png
    2015-05-11_14-23-51.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 115