• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Bazaar

DeletedUser68

\I'm proposing a simple NAME CHANGE, with no change in functionality.
  • "Wholesaler" suggests large quantities, offered at a substantial discount
  • "Express Delivery" suggests small quantities, offered at a premium price
Express.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

or even just "Express", if they do not want the extra length of Express Delivery"

DeletedUser23

How about "Wholesaler" since everyone knows what it is LoL

DeletedUser68

Why are you assuming that there's a single merchant?
Multiple players post offers, so why wouldn't there be multiple merchants in the bazaar?
I'd be OK with Merchants (plural), but Bazaar has more pizazz.

DeletedUser43

Why are you assuming that there's a single merchant?

Because they called it wholesaler and not wholesalers.

If you wanted to rename the trader, Bazaar that would work too. In fact, I much prefer the word Bazaar. It has a lot more flair!

But I am with Kyle, the whole place is the Bazaar, the individuals who are selling things are the merchants. You could certainly call it Merchants instead of wholesaler, but word is currently singular.

DeletedUser68

We're on to something! :D

Bazaar.jpg

I favor Bazaar because the name has made its way into several languages, the graphic artists could get very creative, and it's much easier to upgrade a Bazaar than a Camel. Agora is the Greek name for the same thing, and Marketplace is just plain boring.

As you upgrade your Bazaar, maybe you won't have to pay as much of a premium to trade with undiscovered neighbors, or you'd have access to ADDITIONAL undiscovered neighbors, and a greater variety of goods could becomes available. Maybe we could buy perfumes, spices, clothing, better weapons and armor, artifacts, and other exotic items that don't really make sense as a building, but would still contribute to the Culture provided by your Main Hall and the capabilities of your troops. There are a lot of possibilities.

(I changed the Thread Title to "Bazaar" and I dumped the Amazon drone.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like Bazaar for the Trader, and Trader instead of Wholesaler. I'm glad someone brought this up, since the offers of the "wholesaler" are far from "wholesale" prices. Whoever came up with this label was probably not familiar with the fair market system.