• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Be Carefull

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinDarby

For any Fellowship that allows unrestricted joining of new members .......
-- Be Carefull --

Overnight Saturday, in Harandar, an incident occured that should be a warning,
don't let this happen to you.... heh heh :rolleyes:

A player joined our FS just before 1am. It is still
unclear how they became a mage ( hack or inside job ), 4 minutes later they
booted everyone but the AM, erased the Overview, and changed the FS name,
then dissappeared.....

Over the next few hours, someone started a new FS with correct name, our AM
couldn't change the name back so joined the new FS, ---remember--- this is
now getting close to new Spire week, and we all know the crazy rules there are
for ppl in/out when it starts , and 24h restrictions and the like.... Even the current
event task need'd encounters, and some members really just need'd to be in a FS
so they could do spire encounters....

Support's angle is that because the FS was deleted, we now cannot get perk pts back.
While I understand this wasn't just a mis-click, thats a bit harsh @least give us back
1/2 of what we had, and we lost all data on Elvenstats....

-- Be Carefull -- if ya allow free joining, this could happen to You ...;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Salator

OMG! What kind of ***hole would do that???? Thank you BrinDarby for the heads up. Our FS was thinking of possibly becoming "free join" rather than the current "invitation only." Not a good idea, I guess! It is rather impossible to understand why anyone would do that....what is the point / gain? Wow!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Dang, @BrinDarby. That stinks. :mad: Wouldn’t support have the log of who promoted them to mage? Is that info available to the previous AM? Maybe it is an inside job. An unhappy mage’s alt perhaps for them to move that fast? Do you guys recognize the person that started new FS with old FS name?

Sorry about your FS. :(

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Dang, @BrinDarby. That stinks. :mad: Wouldn’t support have the log of who promoted them to mage? Is that info available to the previous AM? Maybe it is an inside job. An unhappy mage’s alt perhaps for them to move that fast? Do you guys recognize the person that started new FS with old FS name?

Sorry about your FS. :(
I, as archmage in Thornwood, have no access to knowing who promoted someone to mage. I doubt a previous archmage would have that info. But yes, I think you're right and it would have to be an inside job, and yes, it seems to me that Inno should have that info. A disgruntled mage seems the only option, but maybe @helya can give us a different possibility when she comes in.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I would blame the AM for all of that. It is way too suspicious that they would just give up and join the brand-new fellowship with the old name. If they had really cared, they would have made a new fellowship with a name close to the old one and invited as many of the old members to it as possible. So maybe they made a new alt account and did all that so they could have an excuse if any old members messaged them about it. Keep an eye on that one and see if the old AM becomes AM of the new one too.

Flashfyre

OMG! What kind of ***hole would do that???? Thank you BrinDarby for the heads up. Our FS was thinking of possibly becoming "free join" rather than the current "invitation only." Not a good idea, I guess! It is rather impossible to understand why anyone would do that....what is the point / gain? Wow!
2 possibilities spring to mind why someone would do thus:

1) the individual has a problem with one or more of the members of the targeted vs [possibly one or more high level ones, even the AM themselves], and chose this method as the best means to punish them.

2) the individual was desperate to use the FS name and, when stymied by the game, decided to destroy the existing FS so they could "own" the name themselves. The fact that a new FS was created within hours of the destruction of the original seems to lend some credence to this possibility.

BrinDarby

Well if it was an inside Job, its to Support to @least give someone the info
of exactly what happened when. @least so that inside person is not allowed
to rejoin the FS.

When the Task of the day is encounters, and its a few hours till Spire opens,
and we all know those new restrictions of joining and waiting 24h or 1 week
might apply, its no wonder there was a scramble to rebuild the FS.....

My guess is InnoGames can manually change the internal ID for the new FS
so that Elvenstats's next update picks up the FS as the correct one and all
that data isn't lost..... ( & be nice and give us some perks back, not all )

Personally, every member of the FS deserves to know the truth.
(whatever that truth may be).

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
We can't give out any information for something like this, privacy laws etc, BUT, only a Mage can promote someone to Mage which should narrow down your potential culprits some.

Once a FS is disbanded, it is basically erased, similar to if you delete a city. It is 100% impossible to recover anything from it including perk info.

crackie

@least so that inside person is not allowed
to rejoin the FS.
As much as this sucks, I don’t think it’s Inno’s job to police personnel decisions unless they are breaking some sort of rule to get themselves banned from the game altogether, but I could be wrong.

Gotta be careful who you give keys to the kingdom to! I say this as someone who is known to (ab)use my privileges to wheel in Trojan Horses through the front door to set up shenanigans. However, I know the distinction between tomfoolery and being a jerk++.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Well if it was an inside Job, its to Support to @least give someone the info
of exactly what happened when.

Personally, every member of the FS deserves to know the truth.
(whatever that truth may be).
I would question why the Archmage deleted the FS. The ranking, perk points, badges, and FS history were safe until the AM did that. Why not just rename the FS and keep the ranking, badges and perk points?

Last edited:

crackie

I would question why the Archmage deleted the FS. The ranking, perk points, badges, and FS history were safe until the AM did that. Why not just rename the FS and keep the ranking, badges and perk points?
Yeah, the captain abandoned ship too early. I would now question playing under his leadership a second time around. Did you guys have a house band? Did the band go down with the ship?

Alram

Flippers just flip
Yeah, the captain abandoned ship too early. I would now question playing under his leadership a second time around. Did you guys have a house band? Did the band go down with the ship?
I'm also curious about how we know that "E" joined the FS just before 1am, mysteriously became a mage, and 4 minutes later erased the overview, booted everyone, and changed the FS name.

BrinDarby

My original post was edited by Staff.... erasing 1 of the 2 reasons for this thread.
to make sure everyone was on the lookout for that player......

That edit , to me, seems to be very anti community........ :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.