• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Be Carefull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Dastardly

What makes no sense is why the AM disbanded the original FS. Okay, so everyone got booted and the name and overview were changed, but the FS, with all its perks, was still there. All they needed to do was send a note to everyone that got booted explaining what happened and inviting them all back. I suppose it's possible they panicked, but it still doesn't pass the sniff test for me. I get that if another player saw what happened they might start a new FS with the old name as a stopgap, but the old FS didn't go away until the AM choose to the push the disband button, which has big ole' warnings about losing all FS progress in the confirmation window.

Moho

Chef
mystery.png

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
For any Fellowship that allows unrestricted joining of new members .......
-- Be Carefull --

Overnight Saturday, in Harandar, an incident occured that should be a warning,
don't let this happen to you.... heh heh :rolleyes:

A player joined our FS just before 1am. It is still
unclear how they became a mage ( hack or inside job ), 4 minutes later they
booted everyone but the AM, erased the Overview, and changed the FS name,
then dissappeared.....

Over the next few hours, someone started a new FS with correct name, our AM
couldn't change the name back so joined the new FS, ---remember--- this is
now getting close to new Spire week, and we all know the crazy rules there are
for ppl in/out when it starts , and 24h restrictions and the like.... Even the current
event task need'd encounters, and some members really just need'd to be in a FS
so they could do spire encounters....

Support's angle is that because the FS was deleted, we now cannot get perk pts back.
While I understand this wasn't just a mis-click, thats a bit harsh @least give us back
1/2 of what we had, and we lost all data on Elvenstats....

-- Be Carefull -- if ya allow free joining, this could happen to You ...;)
That sucks so bad . But it’s not Inno . It’s the Archmage . Whether they did it or not. The Archmage is responsible for maintaining the FS. This includes new entries into the FS as well as who is promoted.
A hack ??? No way , don’t let them bs their way out of it.
I’d get as far away from that Archmage and Mage as I possibly could . Obviously they were in it for themselves not you as a FS member.
You can come join dragonRasses … if you can drag yours ;)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
What makes no sense is why the AM disbanded the original FS. Okay, so everyone got booted and the name and overview were changed, but the FS, with all its perks, was still there. All they needed to do was send a note to everyone that got booted explaining what happened and inviting them all back. I suppose it's possible they panicked, but it still doesn't pass the sniff test for me. I get that if another player saw what happened they might start a new FS with the old name as a stopgap, but the old FS didn't go away until the AM choose to the push the disband button, which has big ole' warnings about losing all FS progress in the confirmation window.
Exactamundo. This AM is either in collusion or not very bright, or both. Everything could have been fixed. People could be invited back. Overviews can be rewritten. But to disband entirely seems insane.

OIM20

I would like to point out that the person who was allegedly promoted to Mage who has been accused of booting everyone and whose name was removed from the opening post (thank you, @Astram, @helya, or any other shadow moderator whose name I don't know yet for doing that) actually joined the FS that was disbanded on 04 March, not 1 AM on 03/04 July (allowing for time difference between forum post and ES updated info), both dates of this year.

Since the opening post very clearly states
A player joined our FS just before 1am.
and that was stated on 04 July, that already makes me question some of the details provided.

StarLoad

I would like to point out that the person who was allegedly promoted to Mage who has been accused of booting everyone and whose name was removed from the opening post (thank you, @Astram, @helya, or any other shadow moderator whose name I don't know yet for doing that) actually joined the FS that was disbanded on 04 March, not 1 AM on 03/04 July (allowing for time difference between forum post and ES updated info), both dates of this year.

Since the opening post very clearly states

and that was stated on 04 July, that already makes me question some of the details provided.
Yes since it was all hearsay, I will go with my gut feeling that the AM did this for whatever reason.

Ed

BrinDarby

@OIM20 ,
Using my notifications, times/dates were listed.
Chronologically ppl were booted based on score.
As I was 1 from last, I got all the other notifications
in order ( not heresay ), the last person has confirmed
my logs with thiers and they were booted last.

My intent of this thread was as I have said :
To warn of auto-join, and to call out the perpatrator......
not to just complain, waaa waaa waaa..... I figured if
support was in a good mood, we might get some( not all )
of our perks back, if not.... worth a try.... no biggie.

I said before we were trying to move on, and not to
cause further drama, duhhhh, I'm not pressing the issue.
So, are there details I don't know 1st hand ??? Yes
Are there details I know 1st hand ??? Yes
Were my notifications, defacto logs ??? Yes

Therefore if my logs show someone joining, and 4min
later, everyone gets booted, in order, including me.....
Well then I have a front row seat. Between getting booted
and rejoining 6 hrs later..... Duhh, that I'm not privy to. (1st hand)

I can even understand privacy laws, up to the point where
I was booted .... That action is between me and my FS. As
a 1st person participant, if nothing else I should be able to
get from support..... ---Who booted me---

There are plausable reasons the recompilation of the FS was
handled poorly, yet for good cause..... Such as the rules on
Spire participation, or the fact that day's daily task included
Spire encounters, and time was of the essence. I can live with
mistakes, 1/2 asleep, @ 4 in the darn morning, those things
happen ( ohh well ) What sucks is losing 1/3rd of the perk pts
possible for a FS, over something like this, that doesn't happen
very often. Certainly less often than a misclick, that support
gives ppl 1 do-over on......

I will try and consider this a closed topic, again thks to all for
giving me food for thought, yet I stand by my FSs leadership.

StarLoad

Brin, I have been an AM and I have with the groups' agreement disbanded the FS, so I know the process and the way it works.
Therefore if my logs show someone joining, and 4min
later, everyone gets booted, in order, including me
that is exactly how it will look if the AM disbands the group the notifications will start at the top by score and work down.
and to call out the perpatrator...... not to just complain
Again Name and Shame and you don't really have proof just an assumption and circumstantial evidence.

I stand by my opinion even more solidly now that the AM killed the FS and the question of Why is all that matters. You can support your AM all you want but I would not in this case. I wish you the best in this and all your members but ...

Ed

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Still sorry this happened Brin, it shouldn’t have but it did . I think the most valuable lesson to learn from all of this, is beware who you trust.
This AM you referred to and then the person who hadn’t been there long , yet was made a mage …. It’s two of the same people . The AM has its own reason for disbanding the FS but please don’t let yourself entertain the idea that He knew nothing about it . He did , and only the Elvenar Gods know just how many alternate names he has . Ask your … who in their right mind promotes a player to Mage upon entrance to the FS ? Is this someone you really really want to stand behind? Cuz it’s gonna happen again in some shape or form . You need to be with a FS that cares about you and your growth.
I wish you the best of luck no matter where you are.
There’s just no way anyone else did this but the AM/Mage/whoever he’s gonna be next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.