• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

bear and phoenix relics

• Thread starter DeletedUser24444
  • Start date

SgtPepper189

I'm sure we'd all really like it if you'd put the bear and phoenix evolve relics in the rotation for the magic academy. I mean we can craft the buildings but not the means to evolve them and that makes Bobo sad. :(
this. i've been watching the academy closely. lots of eggs/bears, but no evolutions. it'd be nice to get at least a chance at it as a free-to-play player.

Last edited:

KarlD

Crafting evolving buildings with no way to get artifacts seems like a total waste to me. I generally won't place a building unless I can evolve it to level 9 or 10. I doubt I'd bother to place a level 1 building. I did place a level 7 Polar Bear, but its relatively small size of 3x3 made it seem more worthwhile. That said, I am fine with not allowing artifacts to be crafted. The events are supposed to be one-time events. You can see what the prizes are and determine how much effort you want to put into winning the prizes. Once you have the prizes, say several bears or phoenixes and a limited number of artifacts, you have to make hard choices about which bears or phoenixes to place and how much to evolve them. I think there is value in making the players make hard choices rather than making it too easy. I love my teleport spells, but they have eliminated some tough choices of what to build and sell. Now I teleport everything and don't agonize over whether to sell building I might want later. I love the convenience, but I just don't want to remove too many of the challenges that make the game .... challenging.

DeletedUser24444

But it's not a question of a hard choice for me. I wasn't playing the game during the events that featured phoenixes, bears, or mermaids. Now it's a way of reinforcing that I will simply never be equal to the players who've been playing longer and consistently making me wonder if I should bother continuing to play. Maybe I'd be better off going and finding a new game, so I get in the on the ground floor and have a level playing field.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But it's not a question of a hard choice for me. I wasn't playing the game during the events that featured phoenixes, bears, or mermaids. Now it's a way of reinforcing that I will simply never be equal to the players who've been playing longer and consistently making me wonder if I should bother continuing to play. Maybe I'd be better off going and finding a new game, so I get in the on the ground floor and have a level playing field.
Bollocks. There are relatively few free buildings that are worth keeping for more than a couple of chapters, and by the time you reach a given plateau, there will be another new building come along that is every bit as useful as one somebody else won a year ago.

KarlD

Bollocks. There are relatively few free buildings that are worth keeping for more than a couple of chapters, and by the time you reach a given plateau, there will be another new building come along that is every bit as useful as one somebody else won a year ago.
What you say is mostly true, however, I think the Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear are two of those relatively few buildings that are worth keeping for more than a couple of chapters. One thing I have found is that fighting is generally much cheaper than catering. No matter how many goods producing or boosting buildings I may build, I will never be able to cater my way to anywhere near the top of the tournament leaderboard. However, increasing my attack by 50% and increasing troop production by 50% will help a great deal in getting there.

That said, I think Inno realizes that those coming later to the game are going to want them too and that's why they are allowing people to craft them. However, I'm not entirely sure if Inno has a plan for how to give people the artifacts they need. Giving an artifact here and there could take years just to accumulate 4 or 5 to halfway upgrade a pet.

NightshadeCS

I would give it at least until spring before you throw in the towel. We have yet to see if phoenixes (and their evolving artifacts) will come around again in the spring event.

shimmerfly

it's a way of reinforcing that I will simply never be equal to the players who've been playing longer and consistently making me wonder if I should bother continuing to play. Maybe I'd be better off going and finding a new game, so I get in the on the ground floor and have a level playing field.
It's a building game so you do have to build like we all did. Being "equal" doesn't really exists. Anyone starting the game has to build up their city, reputation, points, FS's etc. There will always be new buildings and usualy better ones to look forward to. Stick in there!

KarlD

I just want to apologize for my comments. I stand behind what I said, but looking back I see that given the context of trying convince someone to stay a while and give the game a chance, they didn't need to be and shouldn't have been said. Hopefully blainedyoung will stick around a while longer and see what happens. I love this game, or perhaps I'm just addicted to it, but it wouldn't much matter if I didn't have my Brown Bear or Fire Phoenix because it's not really a game where I compete against others. I don't really compete against anybody but myself. Mostly I see it as a cooperative game rather than an adversarial one. It's not a game where you fight your weaker neighbors, hopefully win and take their stuff and become more powerful. In such a game not having access to such a bear or bird would have make a huge difference. Elvenar is a game where you grow your city, but there is no specific goal. If you grow your city to be #1, then so what? You can't use your power to destroy your neighbors. Pretty much all you can use your power for is to help others grow. That's probably why I like the game so much. In the real world there is so much fighting and hurting others just for the sake of doing it. It's nice to escape that for a while and come to Elvenar where it's more about helping each other and growing together. Whether or not you have a Brown Bear or Fire Phoenix really doesn't change any of that.

DeletedUser23214

I am big on this idea. There are currently a total of 9 different evolving buildings. Several of which seem unlikely to have upgrades available for a long time. Making evolve upgrades part of the crafting cycle makes sense. This is especially true with the multiplayer Spire of Eternity providing far more crafting resources than the average player can consume. Make the evolves available but make them expensive. Crafting is just a waiting game for me because I can always craft anything offered.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In all seriousness, if they were ever made available to craft, it would use diamonds, and lots of them. Not that little 300 diamonds per missing blueprint for RR instants stuff either. Probably a few thousand or more, since they were selling three artifacts for $75 back at Thanksgiving. If Inno values them that highly, we will never see a cheap way to get them.

Pheryll

Set Designer
My thoughts on this are:

1) Evolving buildings should have never been placed in the crafting cycle. They are antithetical to the main purpose of the system, that is uncluttering the inventory. New players have to either craft these buildings to get them out of the way or have good crafting options show up less frequently.

2) An exchange of artifacts (probably not 1:1) should somehow be implemented. With the exception of a universal artifact, this would likely require a new user interface feature of some sort. This encourages players to collect artifacts and participate in FAs even when the artifacts offered are to a building they do not wish to build.

3) After their initial release through a major event, evolving buildings can be obtained (if you do not already have them) by quest system similar to a mini-event. The mini-event can be started at any time by a player through the evolving building user interface. Once completed, the evolving building will be received and the mini-event will be locked until the building is sold or disenchanted. This encourages players to choose which evolving buildings they want in their inventory without having to worry about the crafting clog, as well as give them a sense of accomplishment from the time spent.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
People wanted to craft them because they had leftover artifacts. One of my cities started after an event but before the ensuing FA, so I ended up with two useless artifacts. I think all we can really do is hope they have a coherent plan for refreshing them and making the artifacts useful and available, and keep nudging them with ideas in case they are flailing for ways to rationalize buildings and artifacts.

Pheryll

Set Designer
People wanted to craft them because they had leftover artifacts.

I am not sure if leftover is the correct term, as you cannot craft a second one while still having the first, so the ones who had extra artifacts after getting one building did not benefit (besides deleting and crafting at a higher chapter) from having the buildings in the crafting menu.

AtaguS

My thoughts on this are:

1) Evolving buildings should have never been placed in the crafting cycle. They are antithetical to the main purpose of the system, that is uncluttering the inventory. New players have to either craft these buildings to get them out of the way or have good crafting options show up less frequently.

2) An exchange of artifacts (probably not 1:1) should somehow be implemented. With the exception of a universal artifact, this would likely require a new user interface feature of some sort. This encourages players to collect artifacts and participate in FAs even when the artifacts offered are to a building they do not wish to build.

3) After their initial release through a major event, evolving buildings can be obtained (if you do not already have them) by quest system similar to a mini-event. The mini-event can be started at any time by a player through the evolving building user interface. Once completed, the evolving building will be received and the mini-event will be locked until the building is sold or disenchanted. This encourages players to choose which evolving buildings they want in their inventory without having to worry about the crafting clog, as well as give them a sense of accomplishment from the time spent.

I couldn't agree more on all 3 points. I wasn't playing during the intro of these evolve buildings but was excited to see them upon returning. I have crafted all sorts of them in my magic academy and stocked myself up with pet food...only to discover there is no option for gaining the required artifacts to actually evolve them. (keeping my fingers crossed for an event reward at some point)
On the other hand, if Inno is choosing to keep this part of the game a diamond-only feature...I'll satisfy myself with cashing these buildings in for spell fragments as needed. Just wish I knew which path I'm on.

DeletedUser23214

In all seriousness, if they were ever made available to craft, it would use diamonds, and lots of them. Not that little 300 diamonds per missing blueprint for RR instants stuff either. Probably a few thousand or more, since they were selling three artifacts for $75 back at Thanksgiving. If Inno values them that highly, we will never see a cheap way to get them.
As the bases are fairly cheap to craft I think that it is unreasonable to assume that single upgrades would be so exorbitant. The fact that the first time they were offered for sale was at a price worthy of a ticket scalper does not mean that it is the standard. It may have been priced that way more to gauge demand than as a suggestion of INNO's own valuation of them. They cannot be valued at much more than a blueprint since a level up of an evolvable building is better than evolving the building.