• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Beating province's are to hard now!! Culture messed up

DeletedUser

The new attacking ratio is horriable,basically after completing 40 provinces , there is no point in trying to attack anymore, you lose all your troops you can only negotiate, they are way to hard to beat. kind of makes it boring.

But a real big issues is the culture!!! This needs to be fixed right away!! dont know if its a bug or the values are showing wrong, but i can put a building upgrade that cost 7 culture and it will take out 21-41 more sometimes, and your write a ticket and they just say ohh sorry there is nothing we can do for you , they are looking into it and are aware of it, yet they wont compensate by at least giving you an expansion to compensate for the lose.

Some other thing that could be nice to have is

1. Being able to upgrade culture buildings
2. Supply resources accumulate like coins ( meaning you don't have to put them in production)
3. Being able to rotate buildings
4. Being able to buy, other goods from the wholesaler, like diamonds, scrolls , etc
5. purging out inactive players. there are over 11,000 players the have 0 points and have not built a single building, i am surrounded by hundreds of them , so i get no daily bonus help.

Not that i ever for once think that the developers will see this, or even take any of it seriously, so this is more of just a rant i guess

DeletedUser

Actually, most of these points have been mentioned in various threads as suggestions already, and in some cases at least the Devs are implementing changes (they just recently started clearing out players from the map/game that are inactive for more than 30 days, for example).

Other things are not as simple, such as the building rotations; they'd have to put resources and time into getting someone to draw all the variations that would cause (each building in game would have to have three new pictures drawn for it, for each side of the building, and then extra coding needed to put into the game to be able to connect to the right art when you turned a building, etc). Not to say they might not do that in the future, but right now, they're still working on bugs, so extra artwork would be on the backburner.

If you read around on this section of the forums, you'll find most if not all of these suggestions already being discussed; maybe upvote on those threads to help give them more visibility and let the devs know there's more interest in the ideas.

DeletedUser

On the culture, there's a difference between the culture required to build an item and the culture required to maintain a certain level of bonus. To maintain a 170% bonus you need a lot of additional culture on top of the actual culture of the building. The culture shown on the building screen is only the amount of available culture required to build it.

DeletedUser

That is where you are misunderstanding how the bonus works. It requires 9 culture to maintain 100% culture. But it requires much more than 9 culture to maintain 150%. (I am not sure, but I think around 2x the 100% culture level is required to maintain 100% culture.)

In terms of why it dropped the requirement for the current level, that's because you dropped a level and your current culture was 125% rather than 150%.

Once you are maintaining a culture level above 100%, when you add a building in order to maintain the BONUS LEVEL of culture, you will need more culture than the 100% culture value listed in the building.

This is not a glitch, this is the way the culture bonus is supposed to work. Granted, they could do a better job of explaining it.

DeletedUser482

I guess with Culture they are encouraging us to keep our cities looking nice with trees, statues etc. It is annoying, however, that when you add a culture building, it says it "permanently increases culture level by (number)" but of course that level keeps going down when you upgrade buildings.

Elvenar is the only game I've played that appears to punish you for upgrading things, by taking away points for something else (Culture). It's how they coerce you into spending real money to get expansions so you can fit larger culture buildings in. It's irritating, but it's part of the game. The trick is to try to make a beautiful city without spending too much real money on virtual objects.

DeletedUser

Other games have upkeep for population and troops (often requiring "food" or something similar). The "upkeep" costs in Elvenar are population and culture. One thing I like is that troops have a cost to build but no upkeep cost -- that means you can build a lot of them without having to worry about the cost of keeping them.

I think in the long term it makes sense to maintain a lower culture bonus and to use the extra space for more residences and possibly workshops. The culture bonus doesn't affect the production of goods, which are increasingly required as you move through the game. I haven't gotten to the advanced levels yet, but based on my experience so far aiming for a 125% or possibly 150% bonus (but not more) makes the most sense.

DeletedUser511

The more the culture the better period because your workshops make more and your homes hold more. Meaning you produce more to advance more in the game.