• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Beginner's Encouragement

• Thread starter DeletedUser5743
  • Start date

DeletedUser5743

Hello All-

I am new to the game, and finding it impossible to advance across all fronts. The amount of goods produced by my factories seems to be 1/100 of what is required. To win one single encounter in a province takes 100 marble, and my factory produces 7 in a day. It takes 500 steel to buy 100 marble. I am missing something, obviously.

DeletedUser3640

The amount of goods produced by my factories seems to be 1/100 of what is required.

Shouldn't be like that if you're playing longer than few days... Plus this a browser city-building game... in similar games you usually can't get whatever you want right from the start. Don't feel discouraged though, soon enough you'll find that your manufactories produce much more than is needed (not to the point where you'll be able to constantly negotiate though).

It takes 500 steel to buy 100 marble.

Forget about wholesaler. Use trader to trade your boosted goods for unboosted ones. If you don't have active neigbors, join fellowship with 20+ members. Your FS members will help you with goods.

DeletedUser3942

I looked you up and found you on Winyandor, right? Don't be discouraged that it's going slow at the very beginning. it will get better. ;)

Reiq gave some good advice already. Here is what I'd do:

Find a good FS, you already have a trader so you have good chances to be accepted by one. This will help you very much on advancing and gaining goods for what you need to grow because you can trade with your FS fellows without any fee and need not to rely on the wholesaler which is not a good option anyway!

Then take some time and read through Mykan's guide it's a great source for whatever you want to know about the game. The game mechanics are not too difficult if you know them and know how to use them :)

maeter75

It takes some time when you first begin then everything will start to fall into place. Joining a Fellowship group makes the game much easier.

DeletedUser5251

Also, the type of good you produce the most of per factory are your "boosted good." You can sell back the other types of factories and just trade for the goods you need with your boosted good. That ends up being much more efficient.

SimplyNoble

Can you trade steel or planks for marble in the Trader? That is how I managed to get my 1000 marble for the snow flurrie challenge yesterday. My boosted good is steel so I was able to do this without too much difficulty.