• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Beginning Chapters

DeletedUser30612

I've built about 24 cities and never placed the tome. I don't understand why anyone would, especially in early chapters. It's big and offers a single KP a day for the first 5 levels. What's more, having it immediately penalises the player in the Spire.
I usually place the GA and level it up to 3-4 just for the coin which has always been the bottleneck (aside from goods). By the time I'm half way thru ch 3 I have things humming along. I place needles as soon as I get access to it because the troops are useless unless boosted in some way. I usually delete the GA by the time I'm done with ch 5.

why delete the golden abyss? Is the population from not worth it?

Myne

Oh Wise One
One of the most perplexing things that really is a PITA for tiny cities is the upgrading penalty for residences. If a res is upgrading and completes upgrading while you're logged off is doesn't start accruing coin again until you log back in. I have no idea why the devs thought this was a good idea. Those early chapters are severely restricted by coin and upgrading residences not only costs coin but temporarily limits your income. It seems dishonest to me for Inno to say a building will complete its upgrade in 1 hour yet withhold income under the guise that the upgrade process isn't complete until you log back in again.

I leave the tab open so I don't experience that too much. lol

Myne

Oh Wise One
Since I am going for a catering city, I built a manuf. for one of my not boosted goods. The cost to upgrade that is way way more expensive than the boosted goods. Almost prohibitively so. The game even asked me if I was sure I wanted to build it.
Way to limit/hamper play style Inno!

Iyapo1

All my cities are catering cities. I wish it was possible to sell the barracks but it is not(and the devs say never will be!). In the early game I built armories to collect quest rewards but sold them off and avoided barracks upgrades.

Since I am going for a catering city, I built a manuf. for one of my not boosted goods.
Why would you do this? Catering city here, I would NEVER build a non boosted manufactory except lv 1s for the FA.

Myne

Oh Wise One
All my cities are catering cities. I wish it was possible to sell the barracks but it is not(and the devs say never will be!). In the early game I built armories to collect quest rewards but sold them off and avoided barracks upgrades.

Why would you do this? Catering city here, I would NEVER build a non boosted manufactory except lv 1s for the FA.

you are correct! I built it, realized how much it was going to cost for upgrades and the truly pitiful production and then sold it. I only have one armory.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The game even asked me if I was sure I wanted to build it.
Way to limit/hamper play style Inno!
I see this as an improvement though. There was no such warning when I first started playing. Like many newbies, it took someone in the FS to explain boosts to me. How many new players fell into that pitfall trying to make their own unboosted? If you really want to make unboosted goods and waste a ton of population committing them to make a pittance of goods, you can just do what I do and keep making unboosted T1’s with your sentient factories.

Iyapo1

Your boosted manufactories provide you with up to a 700% boost(more with a Mountain Halls).
You can check the relics tab in the Main hall to see your current boost %.
One boosted manufactory provides more goods than several non-boosted manufactories. Non-boosted manufactories are therefore a complete waste of population, culture, and space! Never build them.

Edit to add: except for the FAs

Myne

Oh Wise One
I see this as an improvement though. There was no such warning when I first started playing. Like many newbies, it took someone in the FS to explain boosts to me. How many new players fell into that pitfall trying to make their own unboosted? If you really want to make unboosted goods and waste a ton of population committing them to make a pittance of goods, you can just do what I do and keep making unboosted T1’s with your sentient factories.

Indeed there was no such warning when I started playing. I had all the manuf. when I first started then phased them out as I progressed.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I've built about 24 cities and never placed the tome. I don't understand why anyone would, especially in early chapters. It's big and offers a single KP a day for the first 5 levels. What's more, having it immediately penalises the player in the Spire.
I usually place the GA and level it up to 3-4 just for the coin which has always been the bottleneck (aside from goods). By the time I'm half way thru ch 3 I have things humming along. I place needles as soon as I get access to it because the troops are useless unless boosted in some way. I usually delete the GA by the time I'm done with ch 5.

I am also interested in why you sold off the GA. I understand why no tome was built, I agree on that.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Just a note:
My baby city is on quest 36 in the event. (yes! ask me to complete 2 CC's that take an arm a leg and a first born AND 2 days to complete)
My main city is on quest 53.
Didn't think I would complete the event in the baby city but never dreamed it would be like this.
Edit: I know, I know, upgrade the MA. I did, but what about others that don't have diamonds??

Iyapo1

I love the Golden Abyss, it is my favorite wonder! But it is not terribly impressive in the early chapters until you get it up above lv 10. I am in chapter 9 right now and my golden abyss is lv 30 in all my cities but then I am a little crazy about leveling my wonders. I go really slowly through the chapters just so I can max them.

@Myne Early chapter players get enough free diamonds to start leveling the MA. As long as they dont mistakenly think they need an anchor to keep their boat from flying away :( !

Iyapo1

20220304_123103.jpg

BrinDarby

The worst thing I've seen is when an Archmage with maybe 80K points and a fellowship of 20 newbies is doing that ... and teaching that ... to his members. I don't blame the newbies, but even a low level archmage should know better. I've got one of those in my neighborhood.
Maybee its the other way around, current AMs ( & forum ) needs to stop pushing
a draconian 1:1 rule for Basic Standard Goods...... maybee sure sentient/ascended are ok,
but all the penlties players below CH 5 experience... Its high time to teach your members
how to do basic math, and realize if you're @ 700% boost and the person trading with
you is @ 200% boost, your 1:1 trade is anything but FAIR..... in that case 200:700 is 1:1 !!!!

There's more than enough players to dilute the market @ 1:1 to preclude
players trying to earn a profit, STOP forcing players to trade in a manor
that the game was NOT designed for, otherwise all trades would be 1:1 only !!!!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser30612

I won’t mention what quest my baby chapter 2 city is on, I’m pretty sure I can reach the daily quests before the last day.

but to @Eudaemonia again why no golden abyss? I’m very curious now.

DeletedUser27062

why delete the golden abyss? Is the population from not worth it?

This is for you too, @Myne :)

I severely restrict which AW I place limiting them to battle boosting AWs: NoT, Martial Monastery, Heroes Forge, Shrewdy Shrooms, and Dragon Abbey. The only non-battle AW I have is Prosperity towers.

The GA has value in low chapters because it helps with coin which is the single biggest bottleneck in pre-ch 5 cities. I don't need population in any of my cities and I think that's because of my low number of workshops. Typically my smaller cities can survive on 2 or 3 MW and PP spells, my bigger cities (end of ch 10) have 4 or 5. My bigger cities, on average, have only 8 MR yet I'm bleeding off excess coin daily through the wholesaler and have approx 5-6k spare pop so the GA is just unnecessary for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27062

Maybee its the other way around, current AMs ( & forum ) needs to stop pushing
a draconian 1:1 rule for Basic Standard Goods...... maybee sure sentient/ascended are ok,
but all the penlties players below CH 5 experience... Its high time to teach your members
how to do basic math, and realize if you're @ 700% boost and the person trading with
you is @ 200% boost, your 1:1 trade is anything but FAIR..... in that case 200:700 is 1:1 !!!!

There's more than enough players to dilute the market @ 1:1 to preclude
players trying to earn a profit, STOP forcing players to trade in a manor
that the game was NOT designed for, otherwise all trades would be 1:1 only !!!!!

I don't think you need to be so rude and condescending, dude. This conversation has been hashed out so many times. I'm sure you're aware of the huge number of variables that would need to be accounted for to generate trading equity. 'Fairness' is determined by the playing community and works for most people most of the time.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
This is for you too, @Myne :)

I severely restrict which AW I place limiting them to battle boosting AWs: NoT, Martial Monastery, Heroes Forge, Shrewdy Shrooms, and Dragon Abbey. The only non-battle AW I have is Prosperity towers.

The GA has value in low chapters because it helps with coin which is the single biggest bottleneck in pre-ch 5 cities. I don't need population in any of my cities and I think that's because of my low number of workshops. Typically my smaller cities can survive on 2 or 3 MW and PP spells, my bigger cities (end of ch 10) have 4 or 5. My bigger cities, on average, have only 8 MR yet I'm bleeding off excess coin daily through the wholesaler and have approx 5-6k spare pop so the GA is just unnecessary for me.

Funny, but I think the GA is better the higher up you go.

My level 17 Golden Abyss gives me over 41,000 pop in 9 total squares ... the best use of space in the entire game. There's no way in heck I'd ever delete it. You'd have to pull it from my cold dead hands before it disappears from my city. I really need to upgrade it more. It could give me so much more but I've been neglecting it. Thanks for the reminder.

Population will always be a problem in this game. It may not be now, but it will be once you hit chapter 15.