• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Beginning Chapters

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I love the Golden Abyss, it is my favorite wonder! But it is not terribly impressive in the early chapters until you get it up above lv 10. I am in chapter 9 right now and my golden abyss is lv 30 in all my cities but then I am a little crazy about leveling my wonders. I go really slowly through the chapters just so I can max them.

@Myne Early chapter players get enough free diamonds to start leveling the MA. As long as they dont mistakenly think they need an anchor to keep their boat from flying away :( !

I agree with you 100 percent. Golden Abyss ROCKS ... I'm in Chapter 17. Some wonders, such as Tomes, are really only good for low levels. Not GA!

Iyapo1

My most advanced city is a chapter 9 on Harander. My Golden Abyss is giving me a measly 12.2k population in 9 squares. My Mountain Halls is providing the same population in 24 squares. 24.4k from 33 squares. My 10 magic houses are giving me 21k in 120 squares. The rest of my population is from various event buildings.

Golden Abyss is a favorite! But I cater so I have no military wonders.

DeletedUser27062

Funny, but I think the GA is better the higher up you go.

My level 17 Golden Abyss gives me over 41,000 pop in 9 total squares ... the best use of space in the entire game. There's no way in heck I'd ever delete it. You'd have to pull it from my cold dead hands before it disappears from my city. I really need to upgrade it more. It could give me so much more but I've been neglecting it. Thanks for the reminder.

Population will always be a problem in this game. It may not be now, but it will be once you hit chapter 15.
I'm not disputing its value for other people - it's just not what I need in my cities. I'd much rather put KP into my battle AWs which afford me usable value rn.
I doubt I'll ever see chapter 15. I'm far too disillusioned by Inno to commit to sentient goods so I'll just muck about at the end of 10. If I get bored there's always ch 11 but it hasn't turned my head yet.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I doubt I'll ever see chapter 15. I'm far too disillusioned by Inno to commit to sentient goods so I'll just muck about at the end of 10.
It’s not that bad, especially if you have a fighting city. I fail to make sentient goods 1 out of every 3 productions or so still and my city is fine. I think it’s because my other city is plank boosted so I keep selecting planks for production. At least that’s what I tell myself to avoid needing post-it notes on my monitor to remind me to make sentient goods.

Darielle

I'm not disputing its value for other people - it's just not what I need in my cities. I'd much rather put KP into my battle AWs which afford me usable value rn.
I doubt I'll ever see chapter 15. I'm far too disillusioned by Inno to commit to sentient goods so I'll just muck about at the end of 10. If I get bored there's always ch 11 but it hasn't turned my head yet.
I hope you change your mind, Euda. The game may not be perfect, but it's the only one I play anymore because I've been so disillusioned by other game companies, and at least Inno tries to get the balance right. You're a valuable player, and I wouldn't want to see you leave.

Iyapo1

Are you parked forever?
No, I just have a lot of amazing buildings that I have won and I refuse to leave them behind. Which means I need an obscene number of RRs to chapter them all up. I just sit at the end of chapters collecting RRs and blueprints, I level my wonders and rearrange to optimize tournament performance to kill time during the months of parking.

Last edited:

Alram

Flippers just flip
No, I just have a lot of amazing buildings that I have won and I refuse to leave them behind. Which means I need an obscene number of RRs to chapter them all up. I just sit at the end of chapters collecting RRs and blueprints, I level my wonders and rearranging to optimize tournament performance to kill time during the months of parking.
Taking your time between chapters is different than deciding you are never moving. When you decide you are never moving, you should tell people, up front, so they know if your advice is something relevant to them or not. :cool:

*That is a beautiful Tournament Average! :D

Last edited:

Iyapo1

Fair enough. But advice from the motionless and advice from snails is often completely useless to a rabbit who wants to be in chapter 14 in less than a year without spending a mint.

But that is a question that beginning chapter players need to answer for themselves in or around chapter 3.

No moving or moving, fast, slow or just as it comes?
Tournament a little or a lot, or just reach a 1.6k 10 chest carry weight.
No spire or spire (bronze, silver, or gold!)

There are many different ways to build so specifics are always good.
OH, also the MA is available, but you are only given a very small number of fragments, so not much crafting until you can reach the spire in the next chapter. Kind of like a frustrating teaser.
I actually liked this. I saw and I wanted. I googled how to get CCs and Spell fragments which dumped me on the forum which led me straight to MinmaxGamers youtube spire videos in chapter 2, by chapter 3, I was ready!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
No, I just have a lot of amazing buildings that I have won and I refuse to leave them behind. Which means I need an obscene number of RRs to chapter them all up. I just sit at the end of chapters collecting RRs and blueprints, I level my wonders and rearranging to optimize tournament performance to kill time during the months of parking.
I am up to 14 magic buildings won from Spire in my other city, and that doesn’t count my moonstone sets and other evolve buildings that need RR love. I too am crawling, but I don’t consider myself parked :)

Besides, you can’t park permanently. We are all rooting for your cater only experiment to see how far you can go!

Darielle

I am up to 14 magic buildings won from Spire in my other city, and that doesn’t count my moonstone sets and other evolve buildings that need RR love. I too am crawling, but I don’t consider myself parked :)

Besides, you can’t park permanently. We are all rooting for your cater only experiment to see how far you can go!
I think I managed up to chapter 9 before I broke down and started fighting. I'm not sure because I don't remember exactly, but I think it was around there.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Taking your time between chapters is different than deciding you are never moving. When you decide you are never moving, you should tell people, up front, so they know if your advice is something relevant to them or not. :cool:

As long as people would just say what chapter they are currently in when trying to give "advice", then it is not so bad. Advice or "help" from people who won't even go into the guest race chapters is useless for people later in the game. Or advice from people not into, or never going into, the sentient goods chapters, may be totally useless to those players also.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Fair enough. But advice from the motionless and advice from snails is often completely useless to a rabbit who wants to be in chapter 14 in less than a year without spending a mint.

But that is a question that beginning chapter players need to answer for themselves in or around chapter 3.

No moving or moving, fast, slow or just as it comes?
Tournament a little or a lot, or just reach a 1.6k 10 chest carry weight.
No spire or spire (bronze, silver, or gold!)

There are many different ways to build so specifics are always good.

I actually liked this. I saw and I wanted. I googled how to get CCs and Spell fragments which dumped me on the forum which led me straight to MinmaxGamers youtube spire videos in chapter 2, by chapter 3, I was ready!

I am crafting CCs as much as I can in preparation. lol

Iyapo1

Magic Academy crafting is still the best source for free diamonds in the game. New players often dont know that because it takes so long to open a chest at first.
CC crafting was a major bottleneck for me until chapter 6. I kept running out of relics. I couldn't earn enough relics in the tournaments because I did not have enough tournament tents open until chapter 6. Now, I run out of spell fragments first and since I gold spire every week there is nothing I can do to fix that! We need more spell fragment sources!

Darielle

Magic Academy crafting is still the best source for free diamonds in the game. New players often dont know that because it takes so long to open a chest at first.
CC crafting was a major bottleneck for me until chapter 6. I kept running out of relics. I couldn't earn enough relics in the tournaments because I did not have enough tournament tents open until chapter 6. Now, I run out of spell fragments first and since I gold spire every week there is nothing I can do to fix that! We need more spell fragment sources!
I agree. I go at the very least to froggie every week and often to the top, so I don't understand why people say they have thousands of extra frags, unless they never craft. I love getting spell frags. Then again, I love getting portal profits too, and I know some people hate them.

Iyapo1

I agree. I go at the very least to froggie every week and often to the top, so I don't understand why people say they have thousands of extra frags, unless they never craft. I love getting spell frags. Then again, I love getting portal profits too, and I know some people hate them.
4 or more libraries or they budget craft.
I love portal profits! They frag nicely ;)!!!! But I move like a snail so I have a fairly hefty surplus of PPs and I have a level 30 BTG so PPs are far less precious to me than they are to most.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
4 or more libraries or they budget craft.

Don't forget just how long the library set has been out of the Spire. It was removed at the end of Jan, 2021, or over 13 months ago. So anyone playing a year or less can only have one complete library set. And a player can easily be into sentient goods, or further, in that time. And with bad luck in the Spire, even a city started several months to a year before the Spire change, may only have one set.

My Beta city is chapter 16 and started May, 2020, and I had the back luck to only ever get one complete set and a few small extra pieces in the 9 remaining months it was in the Spire. Unless I intentionally disenchant stuff there, that city never has over 10k fragments. And right now it is about zeroed out on fragments and CCs because of the FA there.