• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Beginning Chapters

nightrider1

The single best thing you can do is buy 5 expansions upfront . that will pay off thruout the game and when they are least expensive

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Oh, you've just driven a stake through my heart, rofl! I'm STILL kicking myself 10 chapters later for all the pps I fragged, lol.
If it makes you feel any better, PPs become a lot less useful once you get past ch 16. They've been completely nerfed in ch 17. Instead of making stuff that actually unlocks tech advances, they now make the ingredient for these items. You have to actually make all the guest race goods in 17.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The single best thing you can do is buy 5 expansions upfront . that will pay off thruout the game and when they are least expensive
If you buy plots when you don’t need it for the sake of buying plots, wouldn’t that just be making things more expensive unnecessarily, esp early game?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
you ALWAYS need more land also see above post
I have nothing that needs upgrading for the remainder of the chapter. My existing factories are netting me weekly surplus. My fighting is sustainable. Why would I add plots now? Some players 2 chapters below me in my FS already have 5+ more expansions than me. I’m doing 2.5x more tourney than they are and my inventory is almost 15x theirs. Make do or do without is playing smarter.

Wrong ch 1 450 diamonds ch 17 4000 diamonds per expansion
That’s only if you don’t have enough coins to buy RESEARCH expansions. Why use diamonds instead of just wait for more coins? PREMIUM expansions you buy whenever you feel like it will increase in diamond cost by how many you have previously bought.

Iyapo1

I have nothing that needs upgrading for the remainder of the chapter. My existing factories are netting me weekly surplus. My fighting is sustainable. Why would I add plots now? Some players 2 chapters below me in my FS already have 5+ more expansions than me. I’m doing 2.5x more tourney than they are and my inventory is almost 15x theirs. Make do or do without is playing smarter.
In my main, my tournament average is 8k. I am going to tweak it after the FA and might be able to squeeze a bit more out of it....but if I want to really boost it, I would have to add more expansions. Yes the expansions would increase my costs but I can increase my production by more than I increase my costs....

I am not going to add more land...yet. Tweak first, expand later.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Wrong ch 1 450 diamonds ch 17 4000 diamonds per expansion
The cost goes up every single time you buy a premium expansion. Your ch 17 city has purchased many expansions. Your ch 1 city has not. This is the reason for the difference. Not what chapter the cities are. It will be very easy for you to verify this firsthand since ch 1 does not take long to do. Simply advance your baby city into ch 2 without purchasing a premium expansion. Once you are in ch 2 then the cost will still be 450.

nightrider1

That’s only if you don’t have enough coins to buy RESEARCH expansions. Why use diamonds instead of just wait for more coins? PREMIUM expansions you buy whenever you feel like it will increase in diamond cost by how many you have previously bought.
Best i can say 1st city 4 years to get to ch 17 2nd city the 5 expansions offered ability to build and grow quickly from the beginning ch 17 in 1 1/2 yrs played both same amount of daily time

Gladiola

Best i can say 1st city 4 years to get to ch 17 2nd city the 5 expansions offered ability to build and grow quickly from the beginning ch 17 in 1 1/2 yrs played both same amount of daily time
Your speed in progression may have been influenced by the knowledge you gained playing your first city. Also, things have gotten a lot faster -- many more ways to accumulate extra kp than back when we started and kp came from hourly accrual and completing provinces. (And eventually tournaments.)

SuNaya Dark

View attachment 12207

Some of those are probably just their fellowship asking them to do it for balancing goods. The ones that I think do not understand the trading systems are the ones who post 100 planks for 100 silk or 100 crystal for 100 elixir. Even with the star system, I believe these newer players think an even amount is a proper trade, rather than pay attention to the game telling them these 1-star trades are not good.
I would say yes and no on this one. I learned quickly to add the amount I want to offer, and let the Trader decide how much the Demand would be. I find that when the star system shows me 2 stars, I get a "good boi" boost for a moment. Yes. I know. It's just a game. But still.. I done GOOD! :p
And if the Demand amount was odd, I would tweak it. (because I'm an odd one when it comes to numbers, if I offer something and the Demand is 112, I will always up that to 113, as 13 is my lucky number. ;) )