• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Beginning Chapters

Iamaita

I started a new baby city on 2/13. It’s been fun to see the game from an early chapter perspective again. And it’s been helpful in giving advice to some of the baby cities in the fellowship I arch.

I am a few kp away from unlocking chapter 3. I’m refusing to spend a single diamond in this experiment. I also won’t put it into a full fellowship (it’s in a group with two other baby cities belonging to people I know irl). So far my strategy has been to upgrade the main hall first, be patient and don’t overscout just for kp, and upgrade what I have before I build a bunch of new ones. I’m pleased with how it’s going. I am maxed out on gold and spending it on T2 wholesaler goods, I’m starting to accumulate T1 goods, and I have plenty of supplies. I did have help from a very kind neighbor who offered to take bad trades and gave me around 1-2k T1. This was a nice boost because it would have taken me a several days to make that much on my own at that point. Other than that it’s been basically self-sufficient, and I’m excited to see how it performs in spire.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I started a new baby city on 2/13. It’s been fun to see the game from an early chapter perspective again. And it’s been helpful in giving advice to some of the baby cities in the fellowship I arch.

I am a few kp away from unlocking chapter 3. I’m refusing to spend a single diamond in this experiment. I also won’t put it into a full fellowship (it’s in a group with two other baby cities belonging to people I know irl). So far my strategy has been to upgrade the main hall first, be patient and don’t overscout just for kp, and upgrade what I have before I build a bunch of new ones. I’m pleased with how it’s going. I am maxed out on gold and spending it on T2 wholesaler goods, I’m starting to accumulate T1 goods, and I have plenty of supplies. I did have help from a very kind neighbor who offered to take bad trades and gave me around 1-2k T1. This was a nice boost because it would have taken me a several days to make that much on my own at that point. Other than that it’s been basically self-sufficient, and I’m excited to see how it performs in spire.

THat is exactly my experiment in my baby city. Please keep us updated!

Myne

Oh Wise One
Just passed into the advanced scouts of chapter 3. YAY I now have two silk manuf. 6 plank manuf. and a traveling trader for scrolls/crystal. I was lucky enough to win a couple buildings that I could frag. Main hall level 4, MA is level 3.

Iyapo1

You need more houses. I dont care how many you have...you need more houses! I remember keeping up with my increasing population requirements early game...you need more houses!

Edit to add: did I mention more houses?

Gladiola

I love starting new cities, atlhough I don't have time to play them.

It's easy to forget that new players can spend a LOT of time reading the wiki, reading stuff on elvengems, etc. There is a fair amount of information one has to absorb to play effectively, and if things progressed a lot faster players would be behind the curve and would have filled up their cities with stuff they regret. So starting faster might not be as great for new players as you think.
B_all_aw3_shards.png

One of the things I like to do with baby cities is to see how I can keep tournament and Spire costs down through a small footprint, limited ancient wonders, etc. I haven't had the time to play this strategy through a full Spire city yet (stupid masters degree), but when I get there I want to see what it's like having a chapter 3 city with a 3x4 or 4x4 footprint. Bet I will ace the Spire.

DeletedUser27062

I hope you change your mind, Euda. The game may not be perfect, but it's the only one I play anymore because I've been so disillusioned by other game companies, and at least Inno tries to get the balance right. You're a valuable player, and I wouldn't want to see you leave.
You are so lovely! I'm not planning on leaving any time soon. I figure I'd hang around as the resident malcontent whilst ignoring the fact Inno obv does something right given the popularity of the game. :)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
You are so lovely! I'm not planning on leaving any time soon. I figure I'd hang around as the resident malcontent whilst ignoring the fact Inno obv does something right given the popularity of the game. :)
Glad to hear it!

BrinDarby

@Myne ,
I did find a CH2 city of yours, and it demonstrates a
common milestone.... Superior Residences.... for an
Elf thats 3x3s, and humans its 4x3s.... basically up to
level 15 residence..... ( in early CH 3 )
So much space can be reclaimed by getting these bldgs.

U got a good layout, possibly tweakable .... This Event does
offer some decent Culture bldgs, and for a new-to-CH-3
city who prolly needs them, I really hope you can get
2-3 Dwarven ships to jumpstart your city's culture.

Myne

Oh Wise One
@Myne ,
I did find a CH2 city of yours, and it demonstrates a
common milestone.... Superior Residences.... for an
Elf thats 3x3s, and humans its 4x3s.... basically up to
level 15 residence..... ( in early CH 3 )
So much space can be reclaimed by getting these bldgs.
U got a good layout, possibly tweakable .... This Event does
offer some decent Culture bldgs, and for a new-to-CH-3
city who prolly needs them, I really hope you can get
2-3 Dwarven ships to jumpstart your city's culture.

Do not want ships. They take up too much space. Won 2 and fragged them. Rather have time instants and relics at this point.
This is my main city. ElvenStats.com - Elvenar Player Stats But you have not come out of hibernation, or whatever you are doing, so I don't know if you would understand what's what with it.

BrinDarby

@Myne ,
Day 21 is the only day Dwarven Ship is offered, and I kinda learned
from @SoggyShorts , only keep the best of any kind of bldg.
Dwarven Ship is pretty high up the foodchain per tile for Culture.
I doubt so far you've fragg'd any of them in ur CH2 city.

Most CH2 cities that only have wispering trees or flying boat,
get a huge boost with a high value culture bldg, and they are
great for spelling up for that higher than 170 boost....

Iyapo1

I remember being in the early chapters and absolutely loving buildings that the long time players scoffed at. They were better than anything else available at that time.
After over a year of play I now have several "top performers" but it took a while to get here.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
After over a year of play I now have several "top performers" but it took a while to get here.
It really helps with avoiding FOMO and event fatigue. I mean, I can do whatever I need in my city quite well right now at an above average clip so I don’t really *need* anything from the events. The only thing I really *want* (not a need) is to get my hands on some late chapter military wonders. Feels like they’re making me eat my vegetables first.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It really helps with avoiding FOMO and event fatigue. I mean, I can do whatever I need in my city quite well right now at an above average clip so I don’t really *need* anything from the events. The only thing I really *want* (not a need) is to get my hands on some late chapter military wonders. Feels like they’re making me eat my vegetables first.
Luckily I was close to accessing the Timewarp when it was invented. I can't imagine knowing it existed and being many chapters away