• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Behind the Scenes: Upcoming changes for Tournament

DeletedUser115

Dear Humans and Elves,

Here you can share your feedback regarding our announcement for the upcoming changes to the Tournament feature.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser637

Devs did it again! More of "slowing players down" updates.

With this update we get a lot less relics and KP per tournament province. It will be harder for new players to increase their boosts. And it is going to be much harder to gain relics we need for creating spells in MA which makes this building even more worthless than it is now. Having so small amount of KP as rewards will slow us down in teck tree and AW upgrade. Pff..

New province rewards are disaster and not attractive at all in my modest opinion. I wont fight for spells. I do tournaments for KP and without them as rewards I wont be doing tournaments not even close I used to. So, one more thing "I wont be doing anymore", lol...
And for those that catter, costs are much higher.

DeletedUser1016

Ugh - how discouraging!

So they've announced ..." We believe this is will be a big time saver for those who want to fight their way through the Tournaments. In total, the amounts of units or goods you need will be similar to what you need now per province."

So, it's suggested that this is scaled to save time, but it will still cost the same in troops and goods, yet the reward of relics and KP is not similarly scaled? IF this is true, then the developers are just slowing the progress thru the tech tree with this update!

I'm in the S&D chapter and don't really need the kp to work thru the tech tree, but since not much else is available to keep me busy I use the tournament to upgrade my ancient wonders. So without the extra KP gained from the tourneys there will be even less to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
We are still figuring out what the rewards are so it is very hard to say they are less. Certainly the KP/relic from first couple rounds is but that doesn't mean it stays that way, we just don't know yet.

Rewards for fellowships are basically identically but received in a different order and pattern so on the whole you get more at the same level then previously.

The theory of 1/2 the time and same cost is good, the question is does the reality reflect this?:oops::rolleyes:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Most players on the beta server have only had time to do a couple rounds so the results are not in yet on how it is really, over all. The beta players are giving input and hopefully the Dev's will listen and the end result will be better then before. For now anyway it is still yet to be seen, if it is an improvement or not, but until it is over, I don't think we can really say it is or isn't, without a lot of speculation at this time.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
  • We will lower the number of encounters in a Tournament from 8 to 4. We therefore increased the size of the fights (bigger squad sizes for both your own and enemy units) and the cater costs. We believe this is will be a big time saver for those who want to fight their way through the Tournaments. In total, the amounts of units or goods you need will be similar to what you need now per province.

Something recently noted on beta by @Heymrdiedier is the quote above and the highlighted portion. The costs per encounter will increase closer to province costs.

DeletedUser4329

From a personal perspective, there are a couple of issues with the new system. I'm hoping we can at least get some feedback on these:

- The KP rewards are reported to be much lower - the primary incentive I currently have to participate in tournaments is therefore gone. I understand there are group rewards, however my FS is pretty casual when it comes to tournaments and the individual rewards are therefore my primary motivating factor. If they're no longer present I will definitely dial back my involvement.

- The number of encounters per tournament round has been reduced - great! However, the much larger challenge for me in tournaments is the 16hr timer between rounds. This has been raised many times and as far as I'm aware has never been addressed (or even acknowledged).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5800

My only reason for doing the tournament was relics (boost maxed now so no longer) and KP's!
The best thing about the last tournament change was that the goals were so far gone that no one had to try or care anyway.
So now they put the carrot closer to try and FS guilt people into pushing harder... but make the rewards a load of piss.
Sounds exactly like I imagined during the last tournament update debate. :rolleyes:
I'm also prepared to make another prediction: Sometime in the next three months they will revisit and find a way to make it worse.

(Sarcastic Applause)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The KP rewards are reported to be much lower

Much less runes too :( it was a trade-off. So to get the new and varied rewards we have had to trade other rewards, the variations do not increase the rewards received depending on how much value you place on the different rewards. Some have said similar some have said less, have not heard anyone say the rewards are greater now but likely someone will.

or 25 people doing 8x5,
which used to be 25 people doing 11-12 X 5

This is one of the positives from the update :) Sadly there are a number of factors to counter this and we will see what happens in time as tournaments are very much a time thing both in completing rounds and from week to week.

DeletedUser6247

I'm on beta world as well and i just finished a tournament and it didn't go as well as it used to we received much less kp only a few spells as a reward, truly it was not worth participating in as it used to be I'm terrified of how this will affect me in other worlds as i rely on those kp and relics to move forward, both with my aw's and my knowledge tree. I'm not sure what to do now

Arkadia

Bigger cater counts???? u must be kidding! in round 6 im catering close to 100k PER BATTLE !!!
r u planning to kill the Tourney completely?

People already complaining about participating as the rewards just wont make it for the cost....
REBALANCING? so WTH is the reason for the changes? if we end up w the same sh1t if not worse...

What we need is REWARDS that WORTH the COST!
Also we need to be able to replenish the losses so we CAN participate each week!

btw....bringing up the space of broken shards ...that means we may WIN shards, but WONT actually GET cause we wont have the space to store them?
what a joke!

I dont know if i want to laugh or cry!

Are u seeing more people getting frustrated n look for greener pastures?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Bigger cater counts???? u must be kidding! in round 6 im catering close to 100k PER BATTLE !!!

Catering is now tied to your tech tree not your scouted provinces same as combat now. This might be good or bad news for you depending on where you are at tech tree wise and scouting wise.

Arkadia

@Mykan tbh i dont care what it is tied to.....what i care about is if it's worth my cost :p
so what do i get for my goodies/troops spent?
I just asked for feedback on this last tourney we had in my FS, where we had full participation ....most ppl arent motivated enough to do much of the tourney :/ regardless of where they r on the tech tree or their scouting. it's just not cost effective. Not to mention, that many wont lose sleep over getting the 6th round in.

If people r not motivated enough to do the tourneys, Inno just wasted their time n effort they put into it......and players r frustrated about having something they cant enjoy

Last edited: