• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Being able to turn building either horizontal or vertical

Esmeralda0115

Why can't we have the option to turn a building around to a different direction so you can move buildings around easier and utilize your space better, both horizontal, vertical, sideways, ect..

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The second post in the Forum Guide for this Ideas/Suggestions sub-forum lists all the things the developers have specifically said the volunteer mods are not to send them as viable suggestions from the forum. Here's a link to that post:
What the devs have ruled out

Here's the explanation specific to rotating bldgs:
"Rotating Buildings - For starters, this ability will take away from the essence of the game. Can you imagine how easy the game will become if we can simply rotate the buildings' like puzzle pieces to fit as we wish? Additionally, design-wise, it is not possible making this a definite No."

The design-wise part may refer to the fact that the bldgs are 2D, not 3D. It would require a complete redesign of the game to make this suggestion work.

kriz-te

at the very first, I thought the same thing. "What? no rotate?!" but having played a few chapters, I like it this way. I find the rearranging and planning for growth/expansion is a fun challenge. If no one has recommended elvengems.com and elvenarchitect.com to you yet, let me be the first!

Yogi Dave

Welcome to the forum, @Esmeralda0115. Most new players have suggested this and I think everyone has thought of it. So you are in very good company with this suggestion. However, the puzzle of rearranging is very important to the game and I've grown to enjoy it. It's much easier than it used to be since ElvenStats lets you import your current city into Elven Architect

There is also the problem of INNO having to make another version of every piece in the game since a different side would be exposed. That's a lot of artwork that I'm sure they aren't going to do