• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Bellspire/Lighthouse Chages

DeletedUser10409

This is my first time posting on the forums but for a good reason. The changes to Bellspire/Lighthouse are terrible. I went from earning 30k goods a day from neighbor visits to earning approx. 6k goods a day. Tournament players will need to find a way to increase their goods intake now. How will they do that? Add more manufacturers? Yes, then they will need to add more residences, magic ones of course because as well know how expensive they are on population. Your other option is to spend a ton of money on over priced expansions.
Who does this hurt most? In my opinion it will be all my neighbors that stop getting my visits. 6k goods is not worth my time or effort. Inno spoke of making the AW's more powerful, they did an awesome job at that. Now it is taken away from Bellspire/LH. Which AW is next for nerfing? I am in three large FS's and not one person said they would continue with neighbor visits. The general consensus was to sell it or "If i get a chest during FS helps great, if not, so be it." I think the developers need to re-think this decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10158

I could not agree more. The only way to make up the loss in goods acquired/day is to build more manus...need more pop...need to buy magic residences. As we all know, Inno is in it for the money, what they have failed to realize is...by whittling away at the high level Aw's of the long term players, they may very well loose the long term players. The big time diamond buyers are the long term players. Listen up Inno...you are stepping on toes here.

DeletedUser12166

I do visits for the coins, so the change in the Lighthouse won't affect if I visit or not. I also don't spend real money on the game. But I did come to this discussion to ask if anyone thought the Lighthouse was worth keeping? My lighthouse is at a level 2, so the treasure chests only give me 707 goods. And the mfgs I have built produce more than that in 3 hr increments. Yeah neighborly help on culture is an extra two hours, but that's not a big deal to me. I'm thinking of selling my Lighthouse to make space for other buildings. What are other player's thoughts? Is anyone else selling their Lighthouse after this change?

DeletedUser10409

If you do not spend money then you do not have the space for it. It now offers very little. The only contribution it gives is the extended help time. The goods from it are not a factor in the decision to build it. It has now become a showcase for someone who has a ton of money to buy the space and use it for decoration. It was always the 2nd AW i built.

DeletedUser12166

If you do not spend money then you do not have the space for it. It now offers very little. The only contribution it gives is the extended help time. The goods from it are not a factor in the decision to build it. It has now become a showcase for someone who has a ton of money to buy the space and use it for decoration. It was always the 2nd AW i built.

Thank you!

DeletedUser10409

Here is another factor you have to take into consideration. If you want your 3 chests you will have to do a ton of neighbor helps if you have a Bellspire/Lighthouse. Your chests will pop normal while doing FS helps if you do not have a Bellspire/LH. Another good reason to get rid of it unless they buff the goods return.

Harte

This is my first time posting on the forums but for a good reason. The changes to Bellspire/Lighthouse are trifling. I went from earning 30k goods a day from neighbor visits to earning approx. 6k goods a day. Tournament players will need to find a way to increase their goods intake now. How will they do that? Add more manufacturers? Yes, then they will need to add more residences, magic ones of course because as well know how expensive they are on population. Your other option is to spend a ton of money on over priced expansions.
Who does this hurt most? In my opinion it will be all my neighbors that stop getting my visits. 6k goods is not worth my time or effort. Inno spoke of making the AW's more powerful, they did an awesome job at that. Now it is taken away from Bellspire/LH. Which AW is next for nerfing? I am in three large FS's and not one person said they would continue with neighbor visits. The general consensus was to sell it or "If i get a chest during FS helps great, if not, so be it." I think the developers need to re-think this decision.
It definitely stinks. I'm considering walking away from this game. I mean, if you don't know what changes might be made that completely alter the game (like this one) then how can you establish any strategy or plan for what you'll do next?

I used to play the tournaments and outscore people in my fellowship that had twice my ranking points. Now, I'll have to pretty much stop that. Might not play them at all. And I have 217 completed provinces at over 140 goods each - compare that to 1400 goods. That might be the end of me - or at least I might have to completely change my village and downsize. If I have to do that, I'll probably leave.

DeletedUser7367

How inane and lost in space.... Let me try to understand WHY my lvl 6 lighthouse, formerly giving me 165 boosted goods from ALL who I visit[ed]....down to NOTHING ZERO goods from ALL visits!! What's the point, Inno??? Take away what we 'earned' in the game...... through playing and spending to have these BOOSTS...only to see NOTHING but game coin accumulated. Sorry, but this is NOT right.... at all!!

DeletedUser7323

i understand there have to be changes. the world is dynamic. i hate that they just KILLED my neighborly visiting, as this was the only reason to hit outside the fellowship, so those hundred some people, tough. i hate that i no longer get all those goods. but i could have ACCEPTED that if they admitted they castrated the third best AW in the game and just MADE THE F***ING THING SMALLER. like proportionately to how they made it weaker. which would put it down to 2x1. it was one of three AWs that i was sure wasnt a waste of space. EE and tomes are already such pieces of s***, only abyss and mountain halls are left that are true wonders. how long til they rape those?

DeletedUser7397

I agree with most of these replies If INNO continue taking away from players to try and force them to purchase diamonds then they will lose a lot of players. And with that money. Because of stuff like this so many cities are sitting there empty. I have been playing this game for way over a year and spent money on diamonds but because of all the supposedly good changes I am enjoying the game less and less. I see a lot more empty cities in INNO's future.

DeletedUser7367

You take away life's greatest credo...... You become used to owning what you PAID for......and suddenly are left with no explanation or 'compensation'. To this BoomerGen guy? That's in the neighborhood of 'thievery' ..PERIOD To Support? I sent this off..... drum roll???

Essentially NO Boosted goods come from ANY visit.... it was formerly 165 boosted items per visit!!! Why is something that we earned and payed for [in my case? The Lighthouse, lvl 6, suddenly 'lose' the benefits of having again gotten it, expecting values we attained??? This is both nonsensical and an insult. Please fix.

DeletedUser10409

How do you figure?
Both of those wonders at level 1 give more supplies than a workshop does per square, and give KP/relics.
Those wonders aren't bad, your math is.
EE and Tomes are the 2 biggest wastes of space in the game IMO. I see them in people cities and I shudder. BS/LH is now the 3rd worst AW to own rather than the 3rd best.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
EE and Tomes are the 2 biggest wastes of space in the game IMO.
Why?
Please explain how you come to that conclusion, because when you compare the supplies gained from the 4x4 ToS to the supplies gained from workshops that require more squares for pop and culture the ToS crushes it.
Are you just going from a gut feeling instead of actually calculating whether wonders are good or bad?

DeletedUser10409

Why?
Please explain how you come to that conclusion, because when you compare the supplies gained from the 4x4 ToS to the supplies gained from workshops that require more squares for pop and culture the ToS crushes it.
Are you just going from a gut feeling instead of actually calculating whether wonders are good or bad?
We have 2 totally different play styles. You have left the best AW (IMO) in the game at level 1(Mountain Halls). I do not need to do any math to know that those spaces that tomes and EE are taking up could be better utilized with a manufacturer, or residences to build more manufacturers. I am pure production. If i want KP i will buy it with gold coins or goods not wait on a timer. If i need supplies i will boost. If i need relics, which i never need because i participate weekly in tournaments, i would uncover a province of that relic type. Those AW's provide nothing that can not be obtained with minimal effort. My Mountain Halls is level 9 giving me 6569 population and 160% boost increase on my goods. How many S&D residences is that? More than 4 at 5x3 each. How much space did i just save with Mtn Halls? Approx. 60 squares. How much space does EE and ToS save you? None...and space matters.

It is pure preference as to what you want your city to be. I want mine to be efficient and have maximum production. Please do not reference the fact that it's because I have Magical workshops. I have Nothing Magic on F world and use the same AW's that I do on K.

Risen Malchiah

For active people who visit more than 30 people per day, these changes are extremely bad. For anyone else, it's basically a wash, so in the end, the change is terrible.

@Zeroe For Mountain Halls, the extremely tiny goods boost (which is calculated from the base rather than the boosted amount) is not worth it for the size of the AW. In that respect, GA offers the same population but is very small and manageable.

I just want them to stop messing with the AWs. Improve them or leave them alone, period. The last time they reworked AWs, the GA, Mountain Halls and Needles took a massive hit.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How much space does EE and ToS save you? None...and space matters.
But that's just untrue.
No matter how many workshops you have, if you replace your last workshop with a level 1 ToS you save space.
Just look at your city on Khel
A level 25 Workshop needs more than 1 level 25 house to make and requires culture, but let's just say 1 and ignore the culture.
That is 20+15= 35 squares
That same WS makes 11K supplies in 24h.
A level 1 ToS makes 100k supplies every scout In half the space.
Even with all 3h productions instead of 24h you cannot make as many supplies as a ToS with a workshop, not even close.

The only way a workshop is better is if your scout times are 3+ days, you have all magical workshops, and you run 1h productions 24/7.

I do not need to do any math to know that those spaces that tomes and EE are taking up could be better utilized with a manufacturer, or residences to build more manufacturers.
They absolutely would not be better. I need supplies to run my factories. The ToS and EE and PT are all better at making supplies per square than a workshop. That's just math, and has very little to do with playstyle.
You have left the best AW (IMO) in the game at level 1(Mountain Halls)......My Mountain Halls is level 9 giving me 6569 population and 160% boost increase on my goods.
To be fair, at least some of your wonders had a little "help" from that FS that must be in love with Keebler--that's why all 25 members donate 100% of their KP to your FS, right?

Last edited:

DeletedUser1858

I'm definitely not happy with the change. I was getting 350 goods per neighbor visit. By my really rough calculations I get the equivalent in the chests of visiting 30 neighbors. Since I visit 24 in my fellowship (on good days), that means I'm losing out on all the goods I used to get from visiting my neighbors. Now that I can get the Instants that replenish my coins and supplies when I get low, I have no reason to visit my neighbors anymore. I hope The Powers That Be think long and hard about reinstating the goods per visit. And that they also don't mess with anymore AWs.
NorbieHam - ArchMage of the Kings Guards