• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Benefits of giant servers vs new ones?

DeletedUser9131

Title, I'm currently on Ceravyn, and I chose it on purpose because it was the newest server, however I almost see it as a mistake now, there's very few people on the world, I looked through a lot of the map,(basically until it was at a dead end) and I only counted around 20 players who've made it to chapter 2(because of the city looks)

Met some cool people here, but 90% of the world is players who haven't even played the tutorial.

PS: When do clean ups take place, I heard they delete inactive cities.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
PS: When do clean ups take place, I heard they delete inactive cities.
Very very rarely.

The live servers are an estimated 50-70% dead/abandoned cities too, but that does leave over 10K active players.

The only reason to play on a new server is if ranking is something you are interested in. If not, larger servers offer more players, and fellowships.

Calenmir

Totally agree @SoggyShorts

I joined Sinya when it first opened. Nearly everyone is at the same level (or there abouts - yes diamond buyers are far more advanced and there are those that can 'rocket' through, but in general we are all about the 'same' level). It's difficult to find trades even within a FS because (at least in my FS) we are all nearly on the same chapter. Established is much better and faster. I'm not looking to speed through the chapters in this city. I want to be able to design this city the way I would like, but it's still hard.

And cleanup is rare. In A world I've had diamond players next to me for a year now - they were there and DEAD when I joined. They are still there today.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The below is from my experience on starting in new or established worlds

Established worlds
  • Has a greater number of players, which should relate to more active people
  • Large established players - if one is in your fellowship/neighbourhood trading can be easy.
  • Some large players may provide lopsided trades to help you get started (can't count on this)
  • A fellowship that is established in theory should achieve more in tournaments so more rewards coming to you individually
  • More neighbours will have found you then you have found so post trades regularly for them to take
  • When player movement occurs reasonable chance of getting next to established neighbours
Of course there is a level of luck to placement in neighbourhoods with the above but that is true in all worlds

New world:
  • Most players are at the same level
  • Need experience to know how to make a quick start (for free players) to get established fast both personally and fellowship. While this knowledge is good for new and old servers it makes a huge difference on a new server.
  • Lots of freshness and excitement, this will fade in time which is when the abandonned cities will increase
  • Usually a big cull of dead cities a couple months in so lots of gold mines arrive. Depending on luck this might be almost all your neighbours until they populate with new people or player movement
  • Scores are closer for rank chasers
  • Lots of random people suddenly joining fellowships as fellowships try to establish themselves.
  • Sometimes there is competitions for diamonds for a new server (only seeing this once) for first people to achieve x tech or some other thing

DeletedUser9131

Very very rarely.

The live servers are an estimated 50-70% dead/abandoned cities too, but that does leave over 10K active players.

The only reason to play on a new server is if ranking is something you are interested in. If not, larger servers offer more players, and fellowships.
Totally agree @SoggyShorts

I joined Sinya when it first opened. Nearly everyone is at the same level (or there abouts - yes diamond buyers are far more advanced and there are those that can 'rocket' through, but in general we are all about the 'same' level). It's difficult to find trades even within a FS because (at least in my FS) we are all nearly on the same chapter. Established is much better and faster. I'm not looking to speed through the chapters in this city. I want to be able to design this city the way I would like, but it's still hard.

And cleanup is rare. In A world I've had diamond players next to me for a year now - they were there and DEAD when I joined. They are still there today.

Dang, that's kinda disappoting. I'm semi far(only chapter 2 lol) but its unfortunate that only the most populated worlds are really worth the time.

DeletedUser9131

The below is from my experience on starting in new or established worlds

Established worlds
  • Has a greater number of players, which should relate to more active people
  • Large established players - if one is in your fellowship/neighbourhood trading can be easy.
  • Some large players may provide lopsided trades to help you get started (can't count on this)
  • A fellowship that is established in theory should achieve more in tournaments so more rewards coming to you individually
  • More neighbours will have found you then you have found so post trades regularly for them to take
  • When player movement occurs reasonable chance of getting next to established neighbours
Of course there is a level of luck to placement in neighbourhoods with the above but that is true in all worlds

New world:
  • Most players are at the same level
  • Need experience to know how to make a quick start (for free players) to get established fast both personally and fellowship. While this knowledge is good for new and old servers it makes a huge difference on a new server.
  • Lots of freshness and excitement, this will fade in time which is when the abandonned cities will increase
  • Usually a big cull of dead cities a couple months in so lots of gold mines arrive. Depending on luck this might be almost all your neighbours until they populate with new people or player movement
  • Scores are closer for rank chasers
  • Lots of random people suddenly joining fellowships as fellowships try to establish themselves.
  • Sometimes there is competitions for diamonds for a new server (only seeing this once) for first people to achieve x tech or some other thing

What world would you recommend? I'm not sure on the most populated or the best rep for the worlds. I'm on Ceravyn, which I've met a few cool people, but my biggest issue is that I tend to be the only one on, so it's pretty lonely.

I have no issue starting over, and I'll probably manage Ceravyn and the world I "main"

Mykan

Oh Wise One
What world would you recommend? I'm not sure on the most populated or the best rep for the worlds. I'm on Ceravyn, which I've met a few cool people, but my biggest issue is that I tend to be the only one on, so it's pretty lonely.

I have no issue starting over, and I'll probably manage Ceravyn and the world I "main"

Honestly they are all pretty equal now. Fellowships are key for a new or old world you just have a better chance of solo play on an old world due to better neighbours. From when I tracked tournaments winyandor and arendyll seemed to have better participation which might be good or bad depending on your perspective.

Ceravyn will take time to establish as will Sinya Arda but they will get there.