• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Benefits of magic residence/workshop over regular?

DeletedUser9131

When both fully upgraded, is there a difference? I see regular has 16 more upgrades, 27, while the magic only needs 11. Is the only difference is you have to go through a lot less upgrades for the endgame gold/per hour?

DeletedUser3297

The benefit of the magic buildings is for the end-game player. You will not catch them unless you are prepared to spend thousands per month on this game.

With that said, rank is meaningless unless you have money to burn.

This game is totally free and the free players have better knowledge and experience than the premium ones. Nothing wrong with buying a game, but I would rather keep it challenging.

In earlier chapters, it is possible to level a free house to out-perform a magic one. You can get suckered right there unless you are actually aware of the stats of the building. For the end-game player, they are great for increasing pop to increase production on everything else they do not need. Buy them if you want to, but you will have to pay real dollars to advance your city ;)

DeletedUser9131

The benefit of the magic buildings is for the end-game player. You will not catch them unless you are prepared to spend thousands per month on this game.

With that said, rank is meaningless unless you have money to burn.

This game is totally free and the free players have better knowledge and experience than the premium ones. Nothing wrong with buying a game, but I would rather keep it challenging.

In earlier chapters, it is possible to level a free house to out-perform a magic one. You can get suckered right there unless you are actually aware of the stats of the building. For the end-game player, they are great for increasing pop to increase production on everything else they do not need. Buy them if you want to, but you will have to pay real dollars to advance your city ;)

Yea, I just saw how expensive it was just to get 1 residence and workshop to max with gems, love the game, but not that much xD.

Is it uncommon to see a player #1 on the world if they don't have magic buildings?

My friend gave me $50 to spend on elvenar, as he's played forever and he was excited for me to start playing again.

(PS: what would you recommend I spend gems on? I bought the $10 for the builder, and I bought the "prison" culture that was very cheap.

DeletedUser3297

Only expansions or builders. Anything else you buy, you may run into problems... You will have to sell your premium buildings to keep up with the requirements of the chapter, If you upgrade your magic academy, you will have to play every tournament to keep it running, otherwise you will have it sitting idle and you lost money for no reason.

Any diamonds you have left, save them for an emergency, such as finishing events..

If you buy buildings, you will need to continue to buy buildings to advance. I think it is better to learn the free way to play :D

DeletedUser9131

Only expansions or builders. Anything else you buy, you may run into problems... You will have to sell your premium buildings to keep up with the requirements of the chapter, If you upgrade your magic academy, you will have to play every tournament to keep it running, otherwise you will have it sitting idle and you lost money for no reason.

Any diamonds you have left, save them for an emergency, such as finishing events..

If you buy buildings, you will need to continue to buy buildings to advance. I think it is better to learn the free way to play :D

Yea, I'm probably just going to get the things you said, expand and builder, really aren't anything gameplay breaking, but more so of a QoL for the rest of the game.

Ty for the help.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
A level on the Magic Academy isn't a bad option. Its a bit like the extra builder, it will sit idle occasionally but when you use it you will be pleased. The MA is particularly handy at queuing up PoP spells for events and an extra level can hold 3 spells at a time.

DeletedUser7370

I am with Mykan on the Magic Academy. I spent the 10$ early in my play as you did. That gave me the free builder and with the gems I went to 4 builders. Early in the game 4 builders let's you proceed at a pleasant pace, later they sit idle except for brief flurries of activity. I held the remaining 250 gems for a long time before finally deciding it was worth buying an additional level on the MA for handling quests like the charming tree that we just had.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How does a player "blatantly cheat"?
Make a bunch of dummy accounts, and donate all their KP to your main account. Then use your really high level wonders (esp. throne) to increase your rank.
INNO seems to have some very grey rules about pushing. Something was said on Beta to the effect that "as long as the other accounts are being played, it's ok". Which is terrible. How hard is it to collect, start 1 day productions and an upgrade, and then send all your KP to your main acct? You are technically "playing" the other accounts, but as far as I am concerned it's cheating.

DeletedUser7370

but as far as I am concerned it's cheating.
Bah. Who cares. Someone is making it 'easier' for themself by having to go through the rigamarole of logging in and logging out on all those accounts. That is work and quit complaining just because you are not willing to do that type of work.

SoggyShorts

Bah. Who cares. Someone is making it 'easier' for themself by having to go through the rigamarole of logging in and logging out on all those accounts. That is work and quit complaining just because you are not willing to do that type of work.
Nonsense. If KP farming is allowed I would most certainly rather log into an entire booster FS to donate ~500 KP to myself instead of visiting my 100+ dead neighbors.

The important thing is for INNO to make a firm ruling. Like I said in another thread, games are balanced and re-balanced to keep the level of challenge where the developers want it, and if they don't punish this sort of action, or perhaps even worse; condone it, then inevitably the game will become balanced around it.
Just ask @CrazyWizard about the dutch server. It was declared that for that server KP farms were acceptable, so now there is a feeling of being left behind if you don't do it. My guess would be that if KP farms are allowed everywhere, then future KP costs for wonders or even techs will be higher than if KP farms were to be officially banned.

It is exactly like looping quests. It's an obvious exploit, the developers stated it's not what they intended, but the devs have decided not to close it.
I've accepted that, and play around it. (although I still occasionally ask for them to be replaced with interesting quests)
It becomes part of the balance. If looping quests wasn't possible, I'm willing to bet that supplies costs for troops/techs etc would be lower.
There's always someone who takes the narrow view and says"So what, it doesn't effect you" but that is wrong.
Thankfully looping quests is still so painful that not everyone does it. This is why I protest when players suggest that they remove the "accept" pop-up when declining a quest.

I'll admit that I can't know what is in the minds of the INNO developers, but I believe that if the problem(as I see it) becomes more wide-spread, then the dev's might not have much choice other than to increase costs to re-balance.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1016

Oh, I understand now where you are coming from Soggyshorts, but no disrespect, if the game developers allow multiple accounts and looping through quest, etc. then it's technically not cheating. To me, both those take a lot of effort. If someone it going to go through developing a city to the point of opening the Ancient Wonder tech research just to contribute KP; and/or sit at the computer and loop thru the quest for extra coin/supplies, then more power to them. It certainly doesn't affect my game play or my position in the world.

SoggyShorts

If someone it going to go through developing a city to the point of opening the Ancient Wonder tech research just to contribute KP
IMO this is very easy, and would be incredibly rewarding especially if you did it for ~20 accounts at the same time.
It certainly doesn't affect my game play or my position in the world.
If the developers decide that they will allow it, and everyone starts doing it (like on the dutch server) and they choose to increase the costs to level a wonder by 50% it certainly will effect your gameplay. As for your position in the world, if you mean rank, it is already effecting you.

DeletedUser26692

How does everyone feel about the magic buildings now? Three years and a lot of changes have happened with even more to come! Reading through the fourms I don't see much talk on the magic buildings and if they are worth the hassle of trying to keep them leveled up or not. I would like to get some opinions on the pros and cons of these buildings from whatever chapters you guys are in.

Thank you.

StarLoad

Nothing has really changed as respects to either MR or MW and if you get blueprints you can upgrade or you pay the 300 tokens to upgrade.

DeletedUser26692

What I mean is do players look on them differently now that So many city's have them?

StarLoad

Umm, that would be pure conjecture to say how other players view them, and I would not know if more cities have them now as compared to 3 years ago and likely only INNO would know and they wont tell. So not sure what you want?
Edited to add ... Really its about how you view them that is important, not what others think.

DeletedUser26692

When I first started I thought the fire chicken was weird looking and did not understand what true power it had until I read and finally understood what other players thought about it, by then it was too late because I had disenchanted the artifacts for it and now 6 months later I try to read all information I can on a subject before I make a decision. What I have read from the old posts in the fourms say that you should only spend real money on expansions and not MR or MW because you have to spend diamonds to level them up, but now days you can get blueprints to do that even if it is only one a week. I'm just trying to pick the brains of those more experienced than myself.

Thank you.