• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best Ancient Wonders

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The reason people say it's a joke is that there are lots of ways to use 28 squares to get more than 1 broken rune shard every 7 days.
Any military building or factory will make enough goods or troops to get more than 1 extra broken rune shard each tournament.

Add to that if you do bother to level it the cap of 10 broken shards could see you wasting the collection or delaying it if it is not timed well.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
And by the time you get to the end of woodelves you probably have a crapload of runes for some wonders you don't plan to build so you can just build and nuke them to get loads of broken shards. By focusing on about 1/2 of the wonders instead of going for all wonders you make a more efficient city, and can use the "build & nuke" strategy to instantly build any wonder you unlock.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8946

OK. Lotsa good reasons on why the Embassy's not so great.

Quick question. How big are these? I just wanna know four. The Dwarven and Fairy Ancient Wonders. How big ARE they? I know the Mountain Halls are between 3X7 and 4X8.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
OK. Lotsa good reasons on why the Embassy's not so great.

Quick question. How big are these?
there's pretty good details in the tables in the wiki. You just have to watch for the "Overview" lines that have an [expand] button

Fairy ancient Wonders
upload_2017-10-16_11-46-23.png

upload_2017-10-16_11-47-3.png

SoggyShorts

Not quite instant.
Build and cancel = instant
"instantly" is probably a slight exaggeration, since it takes 90 broken shards to fill a rune if you have no shards for it.
I was slightly exaggerating, but there are instants now, and even my lil beta has 4-6 of every rune including wonders yet to be unlocked. I suppose that depends entirely on how many chests your FS gets though.

DeletedUser8946

Wow. Prosperity towers are the EXACT same size as the Excavation. Considering I come on every three hours, that's PERFECT.

The Unbeliever

Or perhaps it will never come. You can already get all 5 types without using barracks:
Light melee - Dwarven Bulwark
Light range - Shrine of Shrewdy Shrooms
Heavy Melee - Vallorian Valor
Heavy Ranged - Grounds of Orc Strategist
Mage - Flying Academy
While it would be interesting if we could get all 15 types from event/AW buildings I'm not sure that's where onno is headed. Then again I'm not sure inno knows where inno is headed ;)
Geez, you just gotta rain all over my hopes & dreams don't you Soggy...
Or in your case, maybe that should be, you just gotta snow & hail all over my hopes & dreams?!:)

qaccy

@Risen Malchiah Obligatory 'me too' image to follow.
W5IASsoXQtCiN9428CFnMQ.png

I've actually got each AW built though, because I want a complete collection. :p I also make it even less efficient by spending KP in turn on whichever AW is currently the cheapest to upgrade so they're pretty much all between 4-7 currently.

SunsetDanar

There's another thread about what to do with all those "extra" runes so, let me see if I have this correct. I just build the wonder I never intend to utilize and then sell it? Then I get shards to apply at will? What's the ratio of runes to shards?

SoggyShorts

There's another thread about what to do with all those "extra" runes so, let me see if I have this correct. I just build the wonder I never intend to utilize and then sell it? Then I get shards to apply at will? What's the ratio of runes to shards?
Once you have built and then sold the wonder which you never intend to keep, the rune wheel is empty again, so you can start filling it like normal, and every "fail" will result in a broken rune shard. Once you have 10 broken rune shards you switch to the wonder you do want and insert them.
Rinse and repeat.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Rinse and repeat.

* This is not actual advise to rinse. Rinsing your computer is almost certainly a violation of your warranty, and while it is likely to increase the odds of something being broken, it is unlikely to be shards**.

** Unless, of course, you have an old crt monitor that is quite hot, in which case rinsing is, indeed, likely to result in a large number of broken shards, but they still won't be useful in the game.

SunsetDanar

* This is not actual advise to rinse. Rinsing your computer is almost certainly a violation of your warranty, and while it is likely to increase the odds of something being broken, it is unlikely to be shards**.

** Unless, of course, you have an old crt monitor that is quite hot, in which case rinsing is, indeed, likely to result in a large number of broken shards, but they still won't be useful in the game.

Chuckle...

The Unbeliever

Was that a Canada slam?!!? THAT IS...fair and true. yep. Hoser.
I'll happily trade you your supposedly harsh "snow in July is actually real", for my "-10 on the shores of Lake Ontario really feels more like -40 while standing naked & wrapped in a wet blanket" little corner of the country!:p

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Heroes' Forge* – condition here is its primary effect. Without it, and for players who don’t fight, it’s just bad AW – orcs output is just too small (if not leveled, of course, but you shouldn’t level it first anyway). If you’re a fighter though, turns to be decent AW.

Having looked into this wonder a little closer a non-combat person should still consider this wonder and see if it suits them. While the combat bonus is useless to them the production of orcs and specifically saving on supplies to produce those orcs is worth considering. The output of orcs compared to an armoury is poor but it costs you supplies to produce those ones while the ones from the wonder are free. It may be worth it to replace an armoury with this wonder purely for the free orcs. It really comes down to the cost/benefit a player sees of using supplies to make orcs or using them to do something else.

DeletedUser3640

Having looked into this wonder a little closer a non-combat person should still consider this wonder and see if it suits them. While the combat bonus is useless to them the production of orcs and specifically saving on supplies to produce those orcs is worth considering. The output of orcs compared to an armoury is poor but it costs you supplies to produce those ones while the ones from the wonder are free. It may be worth it to replace an armoury with this wonder purely for the free orcs. It really comes down to the cost/benefit a player sees of using supplies to make orcs or using them to do something else.

It's so weird to quote myself:

Heroes' Forge* – condition here is its primary effect. Without it, and for players who don’t fight, it’s just bad AW – orcs output is just too small (if not leveled, of course, but you shouldn’t level it first anyway). If you’re a fighter though, turns to be decent AW.

*Theoretically, might be a veeeeeery good AW for players who don’t fight – by leveling it (and by leveling here I mean absolutely dedicating yourself to this AW only), they can get rid of all armories.

DeletedUser8946

Somebody pinch me. The COOLEST AW thing just happened to me. I'm a Dwarf, and have the first six AWs. Only others are the Ruins and the Thrones. I don't like the Thrones, although I have way more Runes for it. Only three in place for the Ruins.

I opened the big chest, and got five Ruin Runes. Not only did I get five runes for the AW I actually WANTED, but ALL FIVE FIT IN PLACE. So now I went from practically a chapter away from the AW I wanted to three Broken Shards away. Getting a City Expansion soon. This rocks. This (almost) makes up for the agitation these runes have given me.