• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best Ancient Wonders

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Tedious brings up something I've been mulling over with the 'must have' military AW's: Heroes Forge. I'm early Halflings and have been consistently getting 2000pts per tourney since early Woodelves. I've got bulwark, shrooms, monastery, needles, flying academy, dragon abbey. My inventory of orc heads is around 100K from 2 vortexes and an Orc nest as I rarely produce them in my 3 armories (only as an excess supplies dump). Up until a couple months ago, I had time to come on several times a day, so 3hr collections were possible and I was planning for both S&D wonders. Now, I'm coming on in the morning, setting productions for 9hrs, and then usually get another 3hr collection before setting for 9's again. I occasionally get on for a couple minutes during the day, but not consistent enough to plan for doing that. Though I was thinking of Maze of the Dark Matter for my next one, I'm unsure if the collection times will work well for me. So, Heroe's Forge: If I don't need the orc head production, is it still worth it for the attack boost to my Heavy Melee? I'm thinking it will do more for me than the Maze.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I recently noticed the bulwark at the higher chapters is an amazing space saver.
If you skip SS techs the SSS is much better. ATM my level 11 SSS give me 3294 training size, close to 12 max level armories!
So, Heroe's Forge: If I don't need the orc head production, is it still worth it for the attack boost to my Heavy Melee? I'm thinking it will do more for me than the Maze.
I like it better than the maze, but partly because I don't like the maze at all:p
IMO any KP spent on the Maze is much better spent on your Dragon Abbey, especially as a heavy tournament player with a level 5 MA.

DeletedUser12171

I don't need to buff ONE troop type that isn't used all that often

Think again carefully about what you're saying. There is no AW that increases troop attack across the board. Martial Monastery/Sanctuary only increases troop health. So if you never build any AW that increases one troop type, you're basically saying you will never get any attack boost on your troops, ever.

nor do I need to create more idle time while I sleep.
If you ever want to build a serious army, you will want the needles for sure. And the flying academy and the victory springs.

In tourney, each interval between rounds is 16 hours. The tourney duration is 96 hours. In between each tourney there are 72 hours for you to recover your troops before next tourney starts. There is a maximum amount of troops you can train in those times. When you come to the tourney and you need 5 squads to fight but only have 4, what do you do? throw away those 4? don't fight?

In my experience as a tourney player averaging over 3k points every week for the past 17 weeks, I attest that troops are harder to obtain than goods. I have never ran out of goods in the tourney in the past 17 weeks, but almost every week I run out of troops .

Having a huge training size is nothing if you can't train the troops fast

Last edited by a moderator:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Yes Im looking at ways to increase supplies, but since Im well over 30 hrs scout time Im thinking that the ToS isn't a great option.

I don't know how I survived without my Prosperity Towers. I think it's at level 14 now, not sure, but it gives me 6x the amount of supplies of a workshop (one not boosted with a POP), and it takes up one square less space. It's basically the equivalent of 6 regular workshops. Now I never run out of supplies, and with a smallish footprint, it's a no-brainer for me.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm not wild about the Dwarven Bulwark since it yields light melee troops that we hardly ever use. The only value then is the longer troop production (for less downtime while sleeping). But it could be useful until you can replace it with a much better Shrewdy Shrooms.

The DB doesn't just result in longer troop production ... it actually increases the amount of troops overall that you have. Light melee doesn't matter to me, but everything else does, and I get more of everything by having the DB. The footprint at my level is only a couple squares more than an armory, but as it's leveled, it provides more troops than an armory and it will only get better as I grow. I love it.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
The DB doesn't just result in longer troop production ... it actually increases the amount of troops overall that you have. Light melee doesn't matter to me, but everything else does, and I get more of everything by having the DB. The footprint at my level is only a couple squares more than an armory, but as it's leveled, it provides more troops than an armory and it will only get better as I grow. I love it.
?????? what you mean with this?

T6583

Any comments now on the value of lvl 14, 15, 16 AWs?
The Ch. 14 Constructs AW's are definitely worth having in my opinion. They are probably my favorites. Simia reduces sentient goods decay and boosts troop production like the brown bear without having to spend pet food. The timewarp reduces tourney cooldown times like the polar bear again without spending pet food and increases sentient good production. The reduced tourney times then allow you to complete more tourney rounds while your firephoenix is fed potential saving you more pet food. I haven't placed any of the chapter 15, 16, or 17 AW's yet as I'm not sure they're worth it for me.