• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best approach to fellowship shopping?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 850238979
  • Start date

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Don't forget to take a close look at the folks who have been visiting your city.

I disagree with this if you are still in lower chapters.
One of the things you need is trading partners.
The people visiting you are neighbors and therefore able to trade.
Joining an FS expands your trade options.
Of course, in advanced cities this becomes less important.

As for the time issue, I agree that 12 hours seems reasonable.

One thing that annoys me from the AM perspective.
Get a message from someone.
"I'm looking for a more active FS. You look like just what I need" yada yada
I repond about an hour later, then get this
"Oh I joined another FS"
It's like, funny I thought we were the perfect fit.But I get over my annoyance quickly and figure "your loss"

Yogi Dave

One thing that annoys me from the AM perspective.
Get a message from someone.
"I'm looking for a more active FS. You look like just what I need" yada yada
I repond about an hour later, then get this
"Oh I joined another FS"
It's like, funny I thought we were the perfect fit.But I get over my annoyance quickly and figure "your loss"
Yeah, I understand that perspective. It is frustrating, especially if you did a quick look at the person and liked what you saw. I also understand the putting out several leads. Like job or college hunting, and there are several options out there you would like, you don't send your resume or application to one and wait for an answer. You send it to the ones you are interested in, unless there is a specific job/college you really, really want. In that case you might just send it to that one first.

Lately, it seems like there are more places to go then people to fill them, especially for the top FSs. So, I'd expect a bit more of them finding another FS while waiting for a response, but an hour seems very short. Hmm, maybe they applied somewhere 12h ago, didn't get a reply so sent one to you only to get a reply from the 1st. I know, that should be rare. It's more probable they sent out several messages.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Since the only ones you can invite are those without a fellowship, I don't understand how that could be a bad thing. You aren't fishing in someone else's pond, after all.

And I have no qualms about fishing in someone else's pond if it's being mismanaged by another archmage. But in viable fellowships with an archmage who is trying at whatever level she/he is at, nope, I observe the "no fishing" sign and move on.
You are right in that it is quite like dropping a hook into the water where the fish are. On the other hand, I've found a personal msg to the person not having a fellowship after looking at them and determining they would be a good fit, works much better than a semi-anomous invite sitting there. That makes them look you up and usualy, in my case anyway, I found I didn't fit anyway. So investigating and contacting, before going fishing, is a better course. It takes more time but it also says you have taken the time to actually get to know the person (or at least their city) and that you aren't therefore, just dropping a line in and hoping any fish you catch will be good with the wine you are serving, so to speak.

AJ