• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best AW to max first

teeniez

I was wondering on which AW you would max first, or if it's best to work on them all evenly. Thanks in advance for your replies. :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Totally situational and play-style dependant.

Perhaps if you shared your goals we could give a better answer.
Do you fight in the tournament or spire?
Do you care about score/ranking?
Do you want to play fast or casual?
Roughly how often do you play? (some buildings give bonuses every 3 hours)

teeniez

I do try to fight my way through most tournaments and spires. I try to save my goods for smaller players in the FS that need them. I play fast (I might be a little competitive lol). I'm currently in Chapter 6 getting the dwarvin style buildings set up as most use less space, then am going to stop on chapters and focus on upgrading my AW.

Kekune

I'm currently in Chapter 6
Personally, in ch6 I wouldn't be thinking about maxing any AWs. There are quite a few that are worthwhile early on, again depending on your style. Kp costs go up a LOT and the kp it would take you to max a single AW would buy you several lower- level ones.

I don't ever place an AW I'm not willing to level to at least 6, so to me that's a starting point. Then I consider which ones are worth leveling further, and take those to 11. I'm waiting on ch18 now and just starting to think I'll actually focus on maxing something soon. (My timewarp, if you're curious.)

teeniez

Do you mean needles of the tempest? Yeah been upgrading GA as well. Was working on needles of the tempest and Martial Monastery. Too much to choose from. :p

teeniez

@Kekune Yeah, i'm not placing any I don't feel i need. I am waiting to get Watchtower Ruins open. Would like to use that for all of my culture, so once I can build it, will probably get that going, so I can remove other cultural builds and free up more space. I can't even imagine Chapter 18 o_O

SoggyShorts

I agree with everything @Kekune said.
I've been playing for years and up until a couple of months ago all of the wonders I had were either level 6,11 or 16.

Maxing a wonder costs at least 15,000 KP and to go to level 11 is about 3,000
Some wonders are clearly better than others, but I don't think any of them are 5x as good.

Iyapo1

@teeniez

I disagree with Soggy and Kekune. I dont actually see any point in mediocre wonders. I pause progress to upgrade wonders. In my chapter 7 city my level 29 Golden Abyss is wonderful!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I have the triad Sanctuary (Monastery), Needles and Mountain Halls @ 21 to 22 and they really kick butt! As they were designed to do. My Abbey is close at 18. The other battle buff Wonders are somewhere around 12, and I find this is a comfortable level for me at late chapter 15. I'm lazily raising the triad interspersed with TimeWarp, Watchtower Ruins and Forge. I feed the Fire Chicken and enjoy my fighting right where it's at :)

SoggyShorts

. I dont actually see any point in mediocre wonders.
Many wonders give you something that you can get from normal buildings.
Any of those wonders that are better at it(more efficient) than a normal building are better than "mediocre" IMO.
I pause progress to upgrade wonders. In my chapter 7 city my level 29 Golden Abyss is wonderful!
That GA is most impressive, but clearly, your goal was not fast play like @teeniez so it works for you.
If you had wanted to you could be a few chapters ahead of where you are with those ~15,000 KP.

It's all about what a player wants out of the game. Once upon a time, I made my own mini-game where I raced through the chapters as fast as possible with the goal of never being tech-locked. Others want to see how far they can get in the tournament while in a certain chapter.

Iyapo1

Never saw a reason to place the watchtower or thrones
Oh, you should take another look at the watchtower....starting at level 12ish it provides more culture per square than the best culture buildings ever offered in the game....at level 30 its a downright dream.

SoggyShorts

Oh, you should take another look at the watchtower....starting at level 12ish it provides more culture per square than the best culture buildings ever offered in the game....at level 30 its a downright dream.
Again, entirely dependant on playstyle. It is very easy late game to attain maximum culture (170%) without a single culture building in your entire city which makes the watchtower's efficiency as a culture building worth pretty much nothing. Those 15,000 KP would be MUCH better spent on one of the ~8 wonders that are actually good.

Enar's, Maze, WT, thrones, and LH are total bottom tier wonders and KP in them instead of a good wonder is KP wasted for most cities.