• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best buildings to pick up from magic academy?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849327848
  • Start date

Deleted User - 849327848

I know it's a super broad and dependent question, but what are some really good buildings to pick up from the MA when it rotates items every 6hrs? I'm only mid chapter 2 atm, so I know things like orcs, or valorian are really good to pick up. But I also got a chess piece, but It doesn't seem worth it.

I only ask because I don't want to miss out on anything huge. Thank you!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@MaiSakuta I am a big fan of the 3 military buff buildings. They give your troops bonuses for 5 days. They are: Unleashed Unit Upgrade (+25% health to all units). Magnificent Mage Multiplier (+50% damage to all mage units), and Enlightened Light Range (+50% damage to all light ranged units). As mentioned, they only last for 5 days. But if you use them at the start of a tournament then you will have the bonuses the entire time. They really help when you want to rack up a big tournament score. And if you also have some provinces scouted and ready to go, you can also get the bonuses from the buildings to do that. I make these 3 buildings nearly every time I see them.

Iyapo1

There are a number of buildings that you can only have one copy of: the chess set pieces, the festive may tree, evolving pets(the Phoenix should be in there atm) Once you hit chapter 3 and you can spire you should craft them all. Having them in inventory or in your city will remove them from the crafting que. So you will see more building you want.

Gath Of Baal

Though not so much now as before, but the Valorian Valor and Grounds Of The Orc Strategists. If you are having trouble matching your troop production to your Spire and Tournament losses then these will help with some free troops to augment your forces.. Works even better in greater numbers

Edit: although not a building but important to build is Pet Food every time you see it

Deleted User - 1178646

I know it's a super broad and dependent question, but what are some really good buildings to pick up from the MA when it rotates items every 6hrs? I'm only mid chapter 2 atm, so I know things like orcs, or valorian are really good to pick up. But I also got a chess piece, but It doesn't seem worth it.

I only ask because I don't want to miss out on anything huge. Thank you!

First of all welcome to the world of elvenar.

There are 5 slots, in each slot gives a specific amount of items.

Building slot:
Fire phoenix (must must must have) tho you need chapter 3 to be able to get the artefacts.
Storm Phoenix, Aureate Phoenix, 4 chess set pieces (you want to have this pieces in your inventory so they do not return, this gives you a bigger chance of getting the better buildings.)

Unleashed, Mage and enlightened and Magnificient unit boosters (these last 5 days, but in the future you'll love them.)

Pet food slot:

Pet Food if it comes along

Time slot:
The first 2 slots are the most important, once you get further in the game and are able to craft more than the above the time booster slot becomes very interesting.

Fellowship slot:
Hopefully you are already in a good fellowship, on the other hand maybe not since you ask the question here.

It looks like you're a keen player willing to learn the game, try to find a fellowship with a good mix of slightly advances and enthousiastic players from which you can learn. it will help you a lot.

The members seeking fellowship part of the forum might be the best place to start as plenty fellowships are keen to pick up new players like you.
It's gives you a much higher chance of getting into an ective more experienced fellowship to learn from.

Silver Lady

When I made it into Chapter 8 Orcs, I crafted 2 Orc Nest and so far they’ve taken care of all my resource Orc requirements. They don’t take too much room and give some culture too.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
When I made it into Chapter 8 Orcs, I crafted 2 Orc Nest and so far they’ve taken care of all my resource Orc requirements. They don’t take too much room and give some culture too.
Do you have the Witch Hut evolving building from the Halloween event? If so, try upgrading it to Orcs level. Once this building reaches Orcs level, it starts to make orcs instead of goods. It takes up the same amount of space as 2 Orc Nests side by side. But if they are all the same level, the Witch Hut will outproduce the 2 Orc Nests as long as it is stage 4 or higher. It is the single best orc producer I know of.

Silver Lady

Do you have the Witch Hut evolving building from the Halloween event?

I’m lucky enough to have a Witch Hut @ stage 10 in both of my main cities but they are Chapter 7 and besides the other stiff stuff they give me gems not Orcs. Right now I have more need of gems than Orcs. When I get farther into Chapter 8 I plan to chapter up my Witch Huts. But thank you for confirming what I had calculated and appreciate the advice. Keep it coming, always useful and welcomed.

Edited to correct spelling error.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I’m lucky enough to have a Witch Hut @ stage 10 in both of my main cities but they are Chapter 7 and besides the other stiff they give me gems not Orcs. Right now I have more need of gems than Orcs. When I get farther into Chapter 8 I plan to chapter up my Witch Huts. But thank you for confirming what I had calculated and appreciate the advice. Keep it coming, always useful and welcomed.
It sounds like you are currently doing the Orcs chapter. If so, be aware that in the future you will might actually need more orcs if you cater a lot. Once you officially advance into Woodelves, orcs become a possible catering cost in map provinces, the tournament, and the spire.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It sounds like you are currently doing the Orcs chapter. If so, be aware that in the future you will might actually need more orcs if you cater a lot. Once you officially advance into Woodelves, orcs become a possible catering cost in map provinces, the tournament, and the spire.

Yes, chapter 9, Woodelves, if you complete more than the minimum provinces to open the next chapter. Chapter 10, Sorcerers & Dragons, for sure, if you do the exact number needed.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yes, chapter 9, Woodelves, if you complete more than the minimum provinces to open the next chapter. Chapter 10, Sorcerers & Dragons, for sure, if you do the exact number needed.
Number of scouted provinces has nothing to do with it. As soon as you finish researching Advanced Scouts and officially enter Woodelves, orcs are a possible cost for catering.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Number of scouted provinces has nothing to do with it. As soon as you finish researching Advanced Scouts and officially enter Woodelves, orcs are a possible cost for catering.

Why can't you get the difference between scouted and completed? You have to complete the provinces to unlock the next chapter, not just scout them.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Why can't you get the difference between scouted and completed? You have to complete the provinces to unlock the next chapter, not just scout them.
Of course you need to complete enough provinces to be able to advance. That is obvious. But beyond that, it does not matter. You can scout and or complete as many provinces as you want in the Orcs chapter and you will never need orcs to cater with. This starts becoming possible as soon as you officially advance into the Woodelves chapter. This is the sole, triggering event. If you are in Woodelves, you might need orcs to cater an encounter. If you are not in Woodelves, you will not need orcs to cater with. Neither the number of provinces that are scouted or the number of provinces that are completed have anything to do with it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Neither the number of provinces that are scouted or the number of provinces that are completed have anything to do with it.
I think you guys are conflating the requirements for spire/tourney province diplomacy/catering with the requirements for map province negotiation.

The need for orcs to negotiate map provinces is triggered by the number of rings out from your city where the province is located. Orcs are needed from ring 11 onward. If you complete provinces in a circle, there is a number (two hundred something; can't remember exact number, but it may be the 220 provinces needed to unlock Adv Scouts for S&D) that is the total number of provinces in all rings through the 10th ring. Players have been in pre-Orc chapters and reached ring 11 when they've been aggressive with clearing map provinces in a circle and completed that 200-something number of provinces. The next province unlocked will require orcs to negotiate since it is in ring 11. That's a hard stop for further map province completion by negotiating as it is not possible to produce orcs until Ch8. Battles at that point are usually extremely hard if not impossible as well. That's due to having not yet unlocked unit promotions and/or squad size improvements that would be needed to win the fights.
Note: the province overview window on the world map shows the ring number for each province in the first column. It counts the first ring of provinces touching your city as 0, not 1 (Inno math strikes again, lol!). If you're using that window to determine which ring you're in, you'll need to add +1 to the number shown there.

For Spire and tourney provinces, advanced game resources may be required for diplomacy/catering based on activating the first tech of the chapter after the ability to get those resources is unlocked. So orcs are unlocked in Orcs Ch8 and will begin to show up in spire and tourney provinces once Adv Scouts is activated for Woodelves Ch9. Mana is unlocked in Woodelves Ch9 and will begin to show up in spire and tourney provinces once Adv Scouts is activated for S&D Ch10. Divine seeds are unlocked in Halflings Ch11, begin to show up in Elementals Ch12. This continues with all resources throughout the game including the introduction of each Sentient good.
Just want to note: For most chapters, Adv Scouts is the first tech for a new chapter and activating it triggers the need for those resources. There is at least one (maybe more?) higher level chapter that does not have an Adv Scout tech, so it's activating the first tech in that chapter that is the trigger.

Feel free to ignore me if I'm totally off-base on what you're talking about ;)