• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best Chapter for Evolving Bldg Upgrades?

Tehya1

I have a few buildings that already have artifacts applied to them. I also have some evolving buildings that I crafted but haven't placed yet. What is the best chapter to place, evolve and/or apply RRs to various evolving buildings?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The better question is how many evolves you have for the building. Most buildings aren't really worth placing unless you get them highly pretty evolved. There are some exceptions like Fire Phoenix, Brown Bear, and Polar Bear that are pretty good at low levels. Otherwise the better option is to not place them unless they have enough evolves.

Tehya1

Those are the three that I have in mind. Should I RR them as soon as I can? I also crafted MP and Stonehenge. I have 2 artifacts for stonehenge. Should I save those artifacts for a later chapter?

Huor

I think the tides is a great building and if you can get it to stage 7, it gives you all of its features.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
It's different for everyone and every evolving bldg, @Tehya1
There are evolving bldgs I've never placed, evolving buildings I placed, evolved to lvl 10, then sold off when I needed the space and crafted them again if they came up in the MA just to remove them from the recipes.
As far as the Fire Phoenix, Brown Bear, and Polar Bear, for me(all 3 are at evolve lvl 10):
Fire Phoenix: primary reason I have it is for the feeding effect; that doesn't change with chapter upgrades so I don't use RR's on it
Polar Bear: same as Fire Phoenix, but I did upgrade it in chapters when I needed the extra mana/seeds.
Brown Bear: feeding effect is great, but it also gives free troops(for you, some troops you can't make yourself for awhile). The higher evolve level, the more troops as well as adding other troop types at evolve lvls 4, 7, and 9. Higher chapter lvls also increase the number of troops, so this one I upgrade to chapter level.

Tehya1

What about the storm phoenix? Is that something that I should place now, or wait for later chapters?

Huor

@Tehya1 when you place a fire phoenix, when it gets to stage 7 and gives you coin rain, you should consider using RR's to bring it to chapter 6 where it switch's to portal profits. After that no need to go further as far as I know unless you want more of the other goodies it supplies.

For me in chapter 7, my chapter 6 chicken gives me 227k gold, 32k supplies, 2 broken runes, and a 5% portal profit every couple of days all while helping me mow down shady characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

crackie

What about the storm phoenix? Is that something that I should place now, or wait for later chapters?
storm phoenix's passive goodies aren't super impressive so mainly the benefit is to feed him. however, you also have to pair pet food with a bunch of magical manufacturing spells to get the full benefits. he's a needy little guy, BUT looks cool as hell :cool:

there's a bit of "sameness" in the first few levels of a lot of evolving buildings, usually just giving some pop, culture, and tools. so it takes a few levels for it to give you more goodies. for example, 4x4 for pop, culture, and tools is not so impressive, but 4x4 for all that and maybe some goods, shards, or KPs might be more worth the tile space.

as @samidodamage said, brown bear gives free troops passively, including frogs, which you can't train yourself until pretty late game. polar bear takes off almost 2hrs of cooling at lvl 1, which makes it easier to get in that 6th round of tourney. each subsequent evolve takes down a little less than 10 mins. therefore, the big chunk of polar bear's benefit is at lvl 1, but also need that elusive pet food.

BrinDarby

BrownBear, for 3x3, is pretty much a no-brainer @ any stage/level/CH,
especially a highly evolved one, for earlier CH players....

FirePhoenix - Henroo said it best, fully evolved it replaces (4) lvl 30 AWs
( while fed, mid/upper CHs ). So for fighting cities its also a no-brainer....

So for everything else pretty much.... I'd say that Stage 7 is the breakpoint,
I don't place any below that .....

Iyapo1

@Tehya1

Using RRs will increase overall output but there are a few change points to consider. Up to chapter 7 using RRs will sometimes change the tier of goods provided, chapter 8 buildings might start giving orcs, chapter 9 mana, chapter 11 seeds...and on and on.

I check my buildings out on elvenarchitect to help me decide if I want to keep them.

This does not help at all if they are personal favorites.

Gladiola

The one evolving building I have placed so far is a Fire Phoenix, which is evolved to level 10. I have upgraded it with each chapter, and now that I am in Dwarves it is giving me portal profits. I plan to keep upgrading it because it also gives a nice amount of coins and supplies that increases with every chapter as well as increasing amounts of population and culture. I need all of those things, and since it is taking up space anyway, it might as well give me as many as it can!

I suppose in later chapters if I have other buildings that provide more coins, supplies, population, and culture than I need, I might stop upgrading it. On the other hand, I might just get rid of one of the other buildings that does that, because I am keeping the fire phoenix anyway!

Some buildings give mana when upgraded to the Woodelves level or higher. When I get to that level, I might take another look at some evolving buildings that do that, although I am more likely to just try to build or win the later chapter versions than to place and upgrade one from my inventory.

Tehya1

I think my question wasn't entirely clear. Sorry about that. I now have several evolving buildings going though my MA, and I have some that I read up on, like the FF, and bears that I have aleady placed. I also crafted SH and MP, but I have not placed them. Should I wait until a late chapter to disenchant, recraft and place those two as well as the VF that I now have artifacts for in a late chapter, orr are they also worrth the RRs to place them now and upgrade along the way? I think I have some answers. The bears and Phoenix are worth the RRs each chapter up to certain chapters. Are they the only ones that will be beneficial to me in chapter III given the space that the other buildings take up, or ae the other buildings worth placing now, or ever? LOL!

crackie

The one evolving building I have placed so far is a Fire Phoenix, which is evolved to level 10. I have upgraded it with each chapter, and now that I am in Dwarves it is giving me portal profits. I plan to keep upgrading it because it also gives a nice amount of coins and supplies that increases with every chapter as well as increasing amounts of population and culture. I need all of those things, and since it is taking up space anyway, it might as well give me as many as it can!
Fire Phoenix is one of the few buildings that you don't really need to upgrade to current chapter bc he mostly just gives you more coins and people have him for the feeding effect, which does not change with chapters. It may be because there's a big coin crunch early game and you're still in early chapters, but coin is def not one of the things most people are short on as the game progresses. Maybe it's because you get a lot of coins from neighborly visits and you'll have a lot more neighbors scouted to collect or maybe later residences give more coins (or have more of them). I've left my Fire in chap 5 in one city bc I picked coin rains over portal profits. I do not enjoy doing chapter stuff, which means I don't speed through chapters to rush to the next grueling settlement that just takes longer and longer to do, hence do not really use portal profits. Def "see how it goes" before you commit to using those 16 RR's on the Fire Phoenix. There are def many more buildings worthy of RRs before Fire Phoenix.

Iyapo1

Should I wait until a late chapter to disenchant, recraft and place those two as well as the VF that I now have artifacts for in a late chapter, orr are they also worrth the RRs to place them now and upgrade along the way?
First nobody knows how long those building bases will be in the MA for crafting. You might not be able to recraft later.

In my opinion there is no reason to place an evolving building(excluding pets) unless you have the 9 artifacts needed to evolve it to lv 10. At evolve 10 all evolving buildings are worth the space they occupy if they are in the same chapter you are, so imo they are worth RRs. Limited space means some of my evolving buildings will be replaced by evolving buildings i like more or that provide better output because I cant have them all, well maybe just 1 more... I have 8 in my main city(chapter 8) (7 but I am putting in another...2 more if you count pets). I like the evolving buildings.

Tehya1

One last suggestion, From this point on, as you get more expansions, you should try to get your city shape into a square. Much more efficient. The "L" shape is going to lead you into some problems that will be harder to get out of later.
I actually had it more in a square, but someone suggested that I could get more space by rearranging it into the Lshape, so I tried it. What kinds of poblems will I run into if I leave it like that? I don't mind changing it again.

Tehya1

Thank yall. I will keep the pets that I already have out and save the others in case they dont show up again.

Gladiola

@crackie Among the advantages of keeping my city small and progressing slowly are:
1) I have a lot fewer buildings that need upgrading because I just have fewer buildings -- I haven't placed any evolving buildings except the Fire Phoenix yet, so I don't have to choose whether to upgrade Fairy Queen's Retreat, Ashen Phoenix, Triumph of the Tides, this bear or that bear, etc. When I started dwarves, I upgraded some pieces of the Pilgrim's Manor set and Moonstone Library, and I upgraded my Fire Phoenix.

2) I accumulate a lot of RRs during all the time it takes me to move through chapters. Even after doing the upgrades in dwarves about two weeks ago, I have around 50 RRs left to use for Fairies.

3) I don't have to spend RRs to upgrade culture or culture/pop buildings because by the time I have rearranged my city for a new chapter, I already have a number of culture and culture/pop buildings in my current chapter to just replace the old ones with.

I estimate that it is going to take me at least 2 more events to get through dwarves -- 8-10 weeks. (That's optimistic -- it could be 3-4 months.) During that time I will win 40-60 more RRs. So I'll have my existing 50 RRs plus 50 more = 100 RRs when I start fairies. If I upgrade the entire Pilgrim's Manor set and Moonstone Library that's 40 plus 24 or 64 total RRs. If I use 16 more on my Fire Phoenix, then I still have 20 left.