• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best mana per square

Jorollyn

I'm guessing that someone (soggy) has figured out the best mana producers per square, however, I haven't been able to find it. Any help?

Iyapo1

@Jorollyn

You also might want to look at the upcoming event. The grand prize, Triumph of Tides is not showing up as it should on elvenarchitect.

It is a better mana producer per square than the Mana Hut. Also during the event one of the daily prizes is a manta ray that is pretty nice.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I think elvenarchitects shows set buildings without the set bonus? At least I think they do that for the mana plant in the library set. With full set bonus I would have expected the mana plant to be at or around the top of the list.

Iyapo1

I think elvenarchitects shows set buildings without the set bonus? At least I think they do that for the mana plant in the library set. With full set bonus I would have expected the mana plant to be at or around the top of the list.
I did not know about this! Thx Fairy. This puts the mana plant higher than the Mana Hut but lower than the Triumph of Tides per square in chapter 9 and 10.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Mana plants (ch 17) 200/sq/hr with the bonus.
Recharge Bays: 58/sq/hr,
Golden King (ch 16) 53/sq/hr
Mana Sawmill (ch 17) 75/sq/hr.
Ashen Phoenix 36/sq/hr

From what I have it looks like the mana plant is way, way, above anything else.

AJ

Kekune

It looks like that 200/hr is for a single plant, but I think the calculation should include the non-mana squares required to get that bonus. I think the best configuration I'm aware of is 6 mana plants in a 12-square block, so you'd get more like 100 mana per square per hour. Which is still outstanding.

I'm never confident in my math, so holler if I botched that. :)

ajqtrz

Had a wtf moment when I saw this because I missed the whole chapter 17 part.

I get that...but it's probably a comparable advantage in any chapter since, for the most part, all the items quoted are chapter 16 or 17 and one would think the chapter scaling would apply in the same manner no matter which chapter you are in. The point is the bonus mana really makes the mana plant shine. I think I have about 30 of them and am moving all up to ch 17 ASAP. Once I do that I'll be able do drop my recharge bays and sawmill, for more room!

AJ

BrinDarby

Seems Manta Ray , in this event , is stout ... also Clam Cliffs for seeds...
AJ, how do they compare ... M.Ray wasnt on ur list

ajqtrz

Manta Ray at Ch 17 is 93/sq/hr
Clam Cliffs gives seeds after Ch 10. It only gives mana in ch 9 and 10.

AJ

Iyapo1

one would think the chapter scaling would apply in the same manner no matter which chapter you are in.
That would be logical, reasonable, and wrong!
Prior to chapter 9 the culture/pop combo per sq payoff even on really good culture/pop buildings is pretty dismal for the coin loss involved. But after chapter 9 the scaling on pop alters and good culture/pop buildings are outstanding space savers.

The supply payoff per square on the new Triump of Tides building is really outstanding below chapter 7 but leveling a Prosperity Tower makes it kinda sad. Also, I was told something happens to supply scaling in Constructs that really makes the supply production on that building just embarrassing.

Also chapter 10 vs 11 and 12...mana scaling goes sideways and players are not upgrading mana producer that switch to seeds in chapter 11 because they are simply better per square as mana producers than the mana producers you can get in chapter 11 and sometimes even 12.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm guessing that someone (soggy) has figured out the best mana producers per square, however, I haven't been able to find it. Any help?
Heya :) If you don't "@SoggyShorts" I don't actually get a notification ;)

TL;DR:
1. Manta Ray is great.
2. EA doesn't account for roads, so rectangular buildings are actually better than the list shows.

As others have said, EA has a list and it's a good start, but it does fail to account for set bonuses and roads.
E.G.
The mana hut is listed at 135 mana per sq
The Manta Ray is listed at 112 m/s
----
Man hut looks like it's 22% better

BUT
The much-coveted Mana hut actually drops quite a bit when you consider that it's 4 squares are actually 5 including one side of a 2-piece road.
That's a 25% larger footprint than EA accounts for!
Compare to a Manta ray from this event that is 4x3 and can be calculated with a footprint of 13.5

With roads:
Mana hut 108 m/s
Burning pool 100m/s
----
Mana hut actually is just 8% better

ajqtrz

That would be logical, reasonable, and wrong!
Prior to chapter 9 the culture/pop combo per sq payoff even on really good culture/pop buildings is pretty dismal for the coin loss involved. But after chapter 9 the scaling on pop alters and good culture/pop buildings are outstanding space savers.

The supply payoff per square on the new Triump of Tides building is really outstanding below chapter 7 but leveling a Prosperity Tower makes it kinda sad. Also, I was told something happens to supply scaling in Constructs that really makes the supply production on that building just embarrassing.

Also chapter 10 vs 11 and 12...mana scaling goes sideways and players are not upgrading mana producer that switch to seeds in chapter 11 because they are simply better per square as mana producers than the mana producers you can get in chapter 11 and sometimes even 12.

As you note, and Soggy shows, the calculations are actually quite specific to the persons city and complicated. So many factors go into the relative value, including if they can be upgraded when needed, if they can be replaced, and how many roads they need (as Soggy notes). Still, if it takes one square and needs only one road for all it's iterations (meaning, since I have 30 mana plants they each need as little as 1/30th of a road) AND they are pretty darn flexible in layout (you can shift them into pretty much any shape you want and/or plant them in corners with a couple others to grow) they AND they produce twice as much per square at chapter 17 as anything else, I do wonder just how much their value drops as you go down. Is it really that much at, say, chapter 14?

TL;DR:
1. Manta Ray is great.
2. EA doesn't account for roads, so rectangular buildings are actually better than the list shows.

As others have said, EA has a list and it's a good start, but it does fail to account for set bonuses and roads.
E.G.
Yep, which is why I looked a the bonus for the mana plant. It is better than EA shows. I did look at other bonus buildings but none, even with their bonuses, came even close.

AJ

Iyapo1

@ajqtrz
I think we crossed wires some where, I am in no way shape or form dogging the mana plant.

My wtf moment was because my brain was in chapters 9 and 10. There is a huge production difference...so I looked at your numbers and my brain did a broken thing. It was funny so I shared!

The mana plant is great. The Triump of Tides which only makes mana in 2 chapters is better.

BrinDarby

Manta Ray at Ch 17 is 93/sq/hr
Clam Cliffs gives seeds after Ch 10. It only gives mana in ch 9 and 10.
thks, so M.Ray is only eclipsed by M.plant, and yes I was thinking, once
ya get into 11, for the seeds. per tile seem'd it was pretty good.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I did not know about this! Thx Fairy. This puts the mana plant higher than the Mana Hut but lower than the Triumph of Tides per square in chapter 9 and 10.
Yes, all of the set buildings are shown with the base values on Elvenarchitect. When you factor the link bonuses in, Mana Plant goes to the head of the class. But Pilgram's Plaza from the Manor Set and Golden King from the Chess set are also very efficient on a square for square basis once link bonuses are added.