• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best use of blueprints?

ElfGunn

Is there any consensus as to the best use of blueprints? I have 6 atm...I could use them to upgrade magic buildings, but converting them to RRs in the MA seems like a better use. I'm midway in Chapter 9 now.

Hawk1911

I'm personally saving mine for bear artifacts.

You can get RR from tourneys and can upgrade magic buildings (after all the blueprints are spent) with diamonds. (Get tons of free diamonds from the Spire)

IMHO blueprints are the single most valuable currency in the game. You only get 1 per week, that's it! Use them wisely.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I save mine for upgrading magic workshops and residences. To me, that's the very best use for them. Of course, if I had a ton of them and all my magics were upgraded fully, I might use them to buy an artifact that I REALLY needed (like if I had 9 artifacts and needed the last one). But I don't spend them on RRs, because those are too easy to get in tourneys. The magic work/res upgrades are my main objective.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
By the way, if your group always gets 10 chests and you don't have any magic buildings, then sure, go for the rrs, for now. But just because you don't have magic buildings now doesn't mean you won't get some in the spire. I've gotten 5 magic workshops in the past 6 months in the spire.

As a math exercise, I'll give you an example. My group averages 8-9 royal restorations per week and one blueprint. That leaves me with approximately 450 royal restorations per year and 52 blueprints. I have 7 magic workshops and around 15 magic residences. Since I turn over chapters around every 3 months, that means I need more blueprints than I get, around 88, so every one is precious to me and I need those only for magic buildings. I have a shortfall each year of 36 blueprints, which is a substantial shortfall.

On the other hand, I have something like 8 or 9 buildings that I really, really want to keep, basically from events and stuff that are really good that need to be upgraded. (Fire, aureate, storm, brown bear, polar, witch hut, and golem. I may want to put one more down.) The other buildings I have are very useful but not forever ... I can always replace them with better ones when there are events. So I don't need to waste rrs on the majority of the buildings.

Those 8-9 buildings total about 110 squares, approximately. That means if I turn over chapters every 3 months, I need no more RR's than I get in the year. So why waste blueprints making more, or using RRs on things that I'll only eventually replace anyway? Gosh, even the lava eggs, which I was CRAZY about, are not as good, per square, as the new building that we got yesterday in the event. I won 3 of those and teleported 2 of my lava eggs, which gave me more room and more goods.

I guess it depends on what you want, what your fellowship does, and how the math works out for you. For me, blueprints are basically only for magic buildings.

Deleted User - 849411552

Thank you for a really helpful discussion. I just received my first blueprint, and for me it was for a magic residence.

sanguine air

As soon as I realized the importance of the fire phoenix and brown bear to my fighting strategy, I spent every BP evolving them to max. I then used some for RR. But now they are reserved for magic buildings only. Getting 1 per week means months upgrading if I stop advancing chapters. i always do the workshops first, then residence. The RR are the rarities now. 8-9 a week is not enough for all those event buildings.

Nerwa

Another factor is how fast you move through chapters, and how regularly you play Spire to the 2nd Big Boss. I'm slow & play Spire consistently. I find that I actually can replace Magic Workshops rather than upgrade them. I don't need many, and I don't mind if they lag a chapter or two behind. Magic Residences I need more of; some get upgraded but I leave at least one straggler to replace rather than upgrade. Replaced magic buildings get stored, not sold - waste not, want not!

One downside of slow moving is that when I do move up I have a LOT of stuff that needs RR upgrades. Even with a 10-11 chest FS I need to convert a handful of BPs to RRs to keep the sets & permanent stuff up-to-date. Probably works out to 1 BP converted every 5-6 weeks or so.

So far I have mostly used the BPs for artifacts. They are *expensive*. Bears & Birds, of course. But I had dreadful RNG for Witch's Hut in the Spire so I'll be crafting that down the road. Ashen Phoenix is another that I'll craft whatever Spire doesn't get. Eventually I'll get caught up on older evolved buildings, which will free up BPs for magic building upgrades & RRs. My first city is starting to hit that point, which is a relief!