• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Best Use of Free Diamonds for F2P

DeletedUser9601

With the awards of free diamonds for finishing guest race chapters, I wanted to see what F2P folks are using theirs on.
I plan on adding a 3rd builder first. An extra expansion is nice, but if I really need more space, I can clear extra provinces. I can't imagine any of the culture or residence buildings being worth it in the long run, since my FS isn't getting blueprints at the moment, and cultural items get obsolete each chapter.
Thoughts?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
My personal preferences is things that are going to last "forever" Expansions, Builder, Mage academy (since I figured out how useful the spells can be when you have spare relics) I follow that by small amounts when I want a big build job to finish so I can go out or to bed, but want to start another one before I go (Now there are instants for that, so probably less.).

DeletedUser9601

That's why I feel like a builder upgrade can't go wrong. And at least at this point in my progress, a third builder is going to have a bigger impact than going from approx. 55 to 56 expansions.
What is your spell strategy? I've never found a good one. Certainly I'll use PoPs when I am low on supplies, but I've never found much value in the Help Bonus one.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
PopP prety much constantly, especially if there is a "Collect XXXXXX supplies to get thousands of extra coin" quest available.

The ensorcelled endowment spells are most useful if you have a large active fellowship, and do a little math to ensure you use them judiciously on large culture that will bring you up a level or two. I have 6 active all the time, and my fellowship members keep them hot mostly, which brings me to 170%+30% (5 for each one that's hot) for a total of 200, so am always pulling about twice as much coin and supplies as base. Having the Mountain Halls AW also makes them more useful.

We have an active Ancient Wonder chain, and are active in tournaments, so I maintain "Inspiring Meditation" most of the time, to have an extra 10KP buffer in my bar.

DeletedUser9247

An additional builder sure does make a difference, but have in mind that it will sit idle for most of the time between those upgrading spurs. First and foremost - expansions! Even one can make huge impact speeding up your development for a month, making you richer so you can grab other free expansions.
As for the spells I use Inspiring Meditation quite a lot since its cheap to make and saves my KP's when I go to work. Second most useful to me - Magical Manufacturing- with higher lvl factories it's a blast to unleash it on tier3. Power of Provision...well I have 153 of them- not using much but certainly there were moments when it saved me a world of pain. Ensorcelled Endowment not really useful- I used it heavily in the event for 190% culture bonus on top of PoP on workshops to get through the worst quests.

Risen Malchiah

I racked up the Provision spells and hardly ever spent them. I'm glad I did because once I hit orcs and my lowly workshops were still lagging behind in dwarves and fairies, I really needed the supplies. I went from around 150 to around 100 PoP spells (taking into account that I also gained a lot each week from the tournaments). Magical Manufacturing I use on my best factories right before collecting my overnight goods so I have all day to requeue and get the most benefit.

Agreed. A 3rd builder, an expansion or two (but they start getting too expensive). MA third I think. I make spells occasionally, but it's easy enough to get spells in the tournament and I don't need to make them quicker unless they add more spells (especially ones that can be used in combat).

DeletedUser8847

Then I've over done that. I have 5 builders, they are working, all of them. Plus I am only at the chapter IV.
I have done all expansions when they are opening at research, they are always first.
And I updated my magic academy as far as it comes.
Then I am always lacking Power of Provision spell. Is that 6 workshops enough? Some has 10

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It depends how you play. If you make full use of the daily quests on the left, you can pick up a lot of extra supplies by planning ahead. For example, I can get more supplies by running my smaller workshops on 3 hour jobs over night and using those for the "coin and advanced tools" quest than I can by running them on a 9 hour job.

Risen Malchiah

I can get more supplies by running my smaller workshops on 3 hour jobs over night and using those for the "coin and advanced tools" quest than I can by running them on a 9 hour job.
Precisely why I keep 2 small workshops so it's easy for me to remember which ones they are and they don't take a lot of space. Their purpose is solely to crank out 3-hr adv tools whenever I collect coins.

DeletedUser1016

Builder most definitely!!! I'm in Halflings and wish I'd had one all the way here, and still wish I had a third. Building times don't get shorter, they just gets longer and longer, so the builder gets easily tied up, and that's an issue when doing events and you need extra builders for temporary lvl 1 buildings and/or a quest....

DeletedUser8847

so all buildings are getting bigger and bigger as the game goes on?
Their cost will be much bigger than those that are smaller!

frrrand.jpeg

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Builder is always nice. Personally I would go the extra Magic Academy upgrade (level 3). Not just for the spells but it can be very handy in events when they want you to make spells. One event wanted 3 PoP spells so being able to easily queue 3 is nice (there is a workaround to queue 3 in a level 2 MA but it is a pain to do)

Builder and MA lvl 3 are fairly cheap and easy. Anything that is permanent is always a good use.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Builder is always nice. Personally I would go the extra Magic Academy upgrade (level 3). Not just for the spells but it can be very handy in events when they want you to make spells. One event wanted 3 PoP spells so being able to easily queue 3 is nice (there is a workaround to queue 3 in a level 2 MA but it is a pain to do)

Builder and MA lvl 3 are fairly cheap and easy. Anything that is permanent is always a good use.

Yes, I was glad I could start three spells for that task.

As far as the builder.
I have told new people many times.
Even if you have no intention of ever spending money again
But you can spare ten dollars
Take that deal they offer at the beginning where you get the free builder.
There are so many times I was glad I could have three builds going at once.

DeletedUser9601

Yes, I was glad I could start three spells for that task.

There are so many times I was glad I could have three builds going at once.
I opted for the builder, and it has really changed (for the better) advancing through guest races. Now I can devote 2 builders to building/upgrading portals and guest buildings, but still have a builder left over if I need to do some work on my city, or address a quest/events. I swore I'd be F2P, but now I'm kind of thinking about spending $5 on a 4th builder. Pretty smart move by Inno to give us the taste of diamonds...

DeletedUser8847

Having 5 buildres is not an easy job. They can't be idle, it is not good.
If someone wants to have so many builders like I have, just has to ask from themselves, hoe they will give them tasks to do all the time?
Culture has given some things to consider with my builders but it is not something that can be done all the time.
Updating buildings (oh my inpstient nature) gives serious migraine.
You can do that but what of Culture points? What of PoP points?

I don't recommed - absolutely not - this same. I overdid that with builders and magic academy and now I carry only bad feeling about it. Too much chocolate gives also bad feeling, so does overdone some things that shouldn't be overdo

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Now I'm curious.
what workaround?
If you queue a spell, and have your MA open when it finishes there will be 2 spots open in the queue again with one already done.
Test it out in your barracks, same idea- empty the queue, start 1 sword dancer/barbarian, and have the barracks interface open. The unit will finish training, and you will have all of your slots open to start more.
Take that deal they offer at the beginning where you get the free builder.
I opted for the builder, and it has really changed (for the better) advancing through guest races.
I have a third builder on Beta, and honestly it would still have been worth it even if he died after doing all of my orc farms.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
If you queue a spell, and have your MA open when it finishes there will be 2 spots open in the queue again with one already done.
Test it out in your barracks, same idea- empty the queue, start 1 sword dancer/barbarian, and have the barracks interface open. The unit will finish training, and you will have all of your slots open to start more.

But, how do you click on the MA or Brracks to start a new one without taking the completed one?