• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Bigger Variety Spire Prizes

PeaceStarFairy

Hi All, I spend large quantities of resources on playing the Spire challenge, I have 98,456 spell fragments. Do you think y'all could throw in a few more enchantments, instants, and combining catalysts? Even singles of these. I like the addition of the Spire, the final fellowship prizes are great- a little more variety would be great during the climb. Thanks.

KarlD

I make CC spells non-stop in my Level 5 Magic Academy, generally complete the entire Spire, get the Laboratory level group prizes in the Spire. I find that I consume CC spells and Spell Fragments at about the same relative rate so that my Spell Fragment inventory stays pretty constant. I'm never happy to win Spell Fragments compared to other prizes, but I do like that I get them at just the right rate so that I'm not adding gazillions or running out of them.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
My MA crafts non-stop and I make CC spells non-stop. My spell fragments easily increase well above my CC spells. Personally I think just adding 2 or 3 cc spells to the multiplayer reward spots that don't have them would be enough to increase the supply marginally without overdoing, as well as improve the desire to get those rewards, especially the last chest which could easily have 5 cc spells in addition and would still be a challenge to get people to chase it.

While it has some drawbacks I would rather see the variety in the set building change. Even if it was 2 to 4 sets that rotated every x months, The other prizes are consumables and while they may stockpile they still can be consumed regularly (if desired). There is a limit to how many buildings a person will build in a single chapter, sooner or later an active spire a participant will have numerous of these. Having a rotation mixes this up and means by the next rotation you might be in a new chapter and ready to replace/upgrade the set

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
sooner or later an active spire a participant will have numerous of these.
1580831879132.png

(edit: on the plus side, that's an extra 7 CC per day.....)

Yogi Dave

though I am now getting a frightful amount of culture from 16 Orc Nests.
I've gone another way with crafting: 26 Vallorian Valors (lizard hot tubs) and 24 Grounds of the Orc Strategist.

1581336432826.png

(Small sample)

My MA crafts non-stop and I make CC spells non-stop.
I've switched to just making MM spells non-stop and keep most of my factories spelled with goods for the FS. No need for more CCs or SFs, at least for me.

1581336494381.png

Deleted User - 3932582

I've gone another way with crafting: 26 Vallorian Valors (lizard hot tubs) and 24 Grounds of the Orc Strategist.
Are you able to utilize all of it though? I have about 1/3rd of that, and find that I am still ahead on VC and SOS comparing to other units (and I don't produce them for supplies at all). Or are you just going deep in specific tournaments?

I've switched to just making MM spells non-stop and keep most of my factories spelled with goods for the FS. No need for more CCs or SFs, at least for me.
Have considered doing the same, as with the Spire I am also overproducing catalysts now. But then I'll just be stockpiling MMs as I don't really use these either. Hmmm... ;)

Mykan

Oh Wise One

If I had that many CC spells I would too. I am barely keeping up though, my MA crafts almost 24/7 and occasionally gets a rush when 2 pet foods or similar appears at the same time. Are you crafting all the time?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Most everything with my own prioritisation but any of the following:
  • Boost buildings
  • VVV and Grounds of orc Strats
  • KP instants - those using CC and broken shards
  • time instants
  • Even done the occasional KP spell cause no other option
  • PP instants
  • Pet food
That is enough to keep me busy all the time, actually had an unusual amount of pet food lately, but sadly no boost buildings. I find I need at least 40 CC ideally 60 cc in stash as sometimes there is a rush on certain items and you burn through them fast - mainly pet food and boost buildings, I don't like to lose out on those. My reset is set-up so I get to see all 4 offers which also helps.

I must ask, what are (or aren't) you crafting that creates a stash?

Edit:
  • Coin and supply instants

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If I had that many CC spells I would too. I am barely keeping up though, my MA crafts almost 24/7 and occasionally gets a rush when 2 pet foods or similar appears at the same time. Are you crafting all the time?

I tend to craft almost non-stop too because I want the chance at 500 diamonds. But between the Spire rewards and having four libraries out, I gave not crafted a CC in weeks now and I have 50-60 of them in my inventory.

Deleted User - 3932582

I must ask, what are (or aren't) you crafting that creates a stash?
I do craft mostly the same things, but I almost never craft instants. I have tons of PPs and getting more than 15% a day with nowhere to dump it. Time instants make little sense to me now since the introduction of the Spire (hundreds of hours of timeboosts are in there every week); I do CC-less 10min and 15 min boosters when there is nothing else, purely for convenience. I do KP instants rarely, and mostly with broken shards - the amounts just don't feel like it is worth it.

On the other hand, I also craft RRs, Festival Merchants and 1x1 and 2x1 culture/pop to fill in the gaps. I was struggling with catalysts before team Spire (had to timeboost these periodically), but since that time I am well above 100 CCs and the stash keeps growing.

I find a lot depends on how far you and your FS go in the Spire.

Yogi Dave

Are you crafting all the time?
It's rare that I don't have it crafting something and they are pretty much the same as yours list. I don't do PPs since I have over 45 full portal fills and have recently stopped the VV and Orc Strat for obvious reasons. (I have a couple of each in inventory) So, I'm doing some supplies too in case the brown bears require too many, although it's more the time instants they eat.
Are you able to utilize all of it though? I have about 1/3rd of that, and find that I am still ahead on VC and SOS comparing to other units (and I don't produce them for supplies at all).
The lizards tend to pile up, but I use them in more battles than I would if they were scarce. Losing a stack or three in a battle is not a problem ;). I use the Orc Strats a lot and have needed to train a few in some tourneys when I'm going for an absurd score. I tend to do all provs I can reach to 2 stars, the lower 9, to all 6, and a dozen or 2 starting at prov 10 to 5 stars for the 6kp. Last scrolls tourney I did 64 provs to all stars since I had the week off.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I find a lot depends on how far you and your FS go in the Spire.

We get the 11 chest reward so can't really get more out of spire in terms of CC spells. The cost of what I craft must be higher in terms of cc spells. My time instants have specific purposes and get churned through quite regularly. My priority on those change by the day as a lot of factors come into play.

So, I'm doing some supplies too in case the brown bears require too many, although it's more the time instants they eat.

Yeah I forgot the coin and supply instants, Less often but keep turning those over for the times I burn coins and supplies either in spire or rushing productions that use them.