• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Black Friday Gift from Inno 2021

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have been logged in most of the day on my laptop. As often happens when you are logged in while the spire closes, my spire rewards did not pop up. I finally logged out and logged back in so they would appear. When I did this, 2 different sets of Black Friday offers also popped up. This included the offer to buy a blueprint for 270 diamonds. So if you are not seeing Black Friday offers, try logging out and logging back in.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I've never in my life gotten more than a 20 percent bonus offer on this ID, so I'd probably be glad for 30 percent. Then again, I'd really love to get those bigger discounts. Sigh.
Seriously? How is that even possible? I see offers better than 20% monthly. And see the 100% bonus offer a few times a year. Then again, the ONLY time I've ever bought diamonds is with a 100% bonus offer. And only a few times in over a year and half of playing. I consider it my contribution to keeping the lights on here. Perhaps they have taken note of my buying habits and know they have to give me a great offer in order to tempt me. So maybe you need to stop accepting small bonus offers and wait for them to tempt you with a big one?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
LMBO $80. Just insane.
Yeah. I do think I have spent more time playing Elvenar than any other game ever. And I have no problem with dropping a few bucks when a 100% bonus offer for diamonds comes up. I consider it my part of keeping the lights on here. But I still would not pay $80 for an evolving building.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Seriously? How is that even possible? I see offers better than 20% monthly. And see the 100% bonus offer a few times a year. Then again, the ONLY time I've ever bought diamonds is with a 100% bonus offer. And only a few times in over a year and half of playing. I consider it my contribution to keeping the lights on here. Perhaps they have taken note of my buying habits and know they have to give me a great offer in order to tempt me. So maybe you need to stop accepting small bonus offers and wait for them to tempt you with a big one?
I think it has to do with the fact that when I first started playing, my son wanted to surprise me so when I was away from my computer for a few minutes, he went on my computer and bought me a diamond package. It was a great surprise, and I love him for it .... but I think that's the reason I've never gotten good discounts. Once they see that you are a diamond buyer without any offers, they don't give you any offers ... ever. Only if you've never bought at the regular price do they ever give you decent offers. At least this is my theory. I can't prove it, but I am sometimes sad that my son did me such a kindness. Of course I'd never tell him this. It's just a guess on my part anyway.

BrinDarby

the current offer with MagicalManaHut for 400:diamond: ,
is a steal for those whom need Mana. Isn't it top 3
per/tile, in the whole game. Thats dirt cheap.

The Unbeliever

If it was a fire chicken for $70US it'd be in my city even as I type.
Yes, because OP are what gamers crave. Power creep is a *good* thing for video games honestly, and especially for on-going community-based games like Elvenar & FoE.

If Inno really wants to earn that sweet, sweet greenies from their player base, then they need to pull their heads outa their backsides, and start ensuring that at least 50% of each year's events offer more and more powerful buildings...
Now, that doesn't mean that the power creep has to be in obvious leaps and bounds, but even some minor power creep as the yearly events cycle through is actively healthy for the entire community!

Let's look at for example the past two years worth of FoE events:
2020 offered:
Forge Bowl - Olympic Treasury which introduced Def% bonus for Attacking Armies - a first, AND, the Sentinel Outpost, a 1x1 which did the same
St. Paddy's Day - Celtic Forest set - a complete dud.
Spring - Hanami/Mikoto Bridge - overall 'meh'/average level prize
Archeology - Airship was a decent kp + goods generator
Soccer Cup - Hippodrome chain building. Flat. Out. OP'ness!! (and gloriously OP to boot!) ...also added Lv2 stats to the already highly competitive Winner's Plaza daily prize building.
Summer - Governor's Villa - another absolutely OP gem! :D
Fall - Harvest Barn evo building + Fields set bonus - a unique combo of a set that included a high-powered evo building... the Barn when maxed out, while a bit awkward, is one of the all-time best plunder targets in the game. The Fields are beyond filthy levels of OP'ness! (*insert evil grin here*)
Halloween - Haunted Houses. Daemon House is great kp producer + adds some Def% to Attacking Armies, but the winner is the Wolf House which sizably boosts both the Atk+Def%'s of the Attacking army. Another OP to throw dias at.
Winter - Winter Bakeries - a total miss, but this event is traditionally a lump of coal from Inno.
Overall results: Diamond farms went absolutely bankrupt trying to keep up with 5/9 event offering up OP to hilariously OP prizes... even those of us who have never/almost never dropped more than $20 went and spent $50-100 or so over the course of the year, simply because there were so many S-Tier level prizes on offer!

Now, 2021 has offered:
Forge Bowl - Terracotta Vineyard chain building - the main building itself in hindsight is decent enough, but the chained add-ons are fairly trash.
St. Paddy's Day - Druid Temple - sizable boost to Def% for the Attacking Army, but the rest of it's stats are mediocre.
Spring - Suishin Mill - hot garbage.
Archeology - Farris Wheels - the artwork is fugly, but the Attacking Army stats are solid... too bad it's a choice between atk% OR def%. Getting both results in a monstrous 6x8 footprint. :(
Soccer Cup - Athelon Abby - Defending Army boosts are absolutely useless, which heavily nerfs the overall viability of this one... kp & goods production are decent enough for smaller players though.
Wildlife - Eagle/Bear/Moose Mountain Reserve - Eagle Mountain is OP. Even with the heavy nerfing from beta to live, diamonds were dropped in spades on this one!:D
Summer - Pirate Hideout chain building - the Hideout itself is again, gloriously OP. The add-ons sadly were pretty junk.
Fall - Golden Crops - solidly 'meh'
Halloween - Horror Circus set building - worst set building in the game, and that's saying something!:p
Winter - Winter Canals - better overall, but not on the same level as the Hideout or Eagle Mountains...
Overall results: far less spending incentive this year, since only 2 events had really, really stand-out prizes.

Lesson for the kiddos: Power creep sells like hot cakes. "Balance" is worth nothing but hot garbage. :p

edeba

Is the sale over? Seriously, blue prints and mana huts the only things worth buying...

I'm not sure I'd drop even 1/4 of the asking price for the evolving buildings and I think the artifacts were "sale" priced higher than if you managed to buy them one at a time through the MA.

They should have had a sale that people would jump on, like say pet food for 50 diamonds, Dwarven Armories for 100 diamonds, 8 hour timers for 50 diamonds, 10 pack of 1 hour timers for 100 diamonds. If they offered up to 10 each at those prices that would be 3000 diamonds spent.

That sale wasn't worth the hype.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Years ago I spent 20$ on the game. I passed up every offer since then but the 100% and like @Henroo I will spend 20 when I do.
Every 3-4 months. So sorry you haven't seen any @Darielle
Thank you, Shimmerfly; I appreciate it. I guess Inno just doesn't want my money, lol, because knowing a 100 percent offer is out there somewhere, I'm just not gonna spend money until I get it. :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I guess Inno just doesn't want my money, lol, because knowing a 100 percent offer is out there somewhere, I'm just not gonna spend money until I get it.

Your situation is similar to the players who never get the event newsletters and thus do not get the free bonus currency. Inno swears everyone should get them if you have the correct box checked in in options menu, but some people have it checked to receive emails and still never get them, and Support cannot figure out why they don't. Just your situation is with not getting the sales that everyone else gets. I have seen others complain about the same thing, so you are not alone in this, and I doubt they also bought diamonds at full price early in their city's life.

BrinDarby

no daily specials thru monday ???

See , here's where the opportunity to sell all sorts of 1-off's,
is tremendous... and because of # limits, not abusable....(not really)

So far MManaHut was the only worthwhile buy... it is the best per/tile
at making mana... and @ 2x2, easily upgraded with RRs....

Prob is , making them worth buying and imbalance'n things,
and making them available to the most ppl (size/price)wise.

edeba

no daily specials thru monday ???

See , here's where the opportunity to sell all sorts of 1-off's,
is tremendous... and because of # limits, not abusable....(not really)

So far MManaHut was the only worthwhile buy... it is the best per/tile
at making mana... and @ 2x2, easily upgraded with RRs....

Prob is , making them worth buying and imbalance'n things,
and making them available to the most ppl (size/price)wise.
There was no single artifact sales, or just the base sales. What the heck would anyone want to purchase a full building when we all have a mixture left over:
1638131643181.png

1638131684677.png

And some people have buildings that just need an artifact or two.

I just thought inno missed the boat on this.

BrinDarby

Rolling 2hr flash sales wouldda been great , too ....
The trick to black friday sales is each customer only has X amt
of cash to spend, split between all the stuff/companies they buy from....

This is exactly when you grab every last drop of sales you can.
You make sure everyone can buy things, and don't worry about
having stuff for diamonds because you gotta drain ppl of those
somehow. Once they run out they might buy more....hint/hint..

1/2 price artifacts - 450d, FirePh/BBear - 600d ... ( as @edeba said
as singles ) Usefull smaller-ish bldgs, that wont break the bank
or even a special set. The point is tho, to make money and
drain a couple million diamonds outta the system.