• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Black Friday Gift from Inno

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I want to see a diamond discount. That would be a great black friday perk.
I want to see some artifacts for sale! The 1 sure-fire way Inno could get some of my money would be to put either Phoenix or Bear artifacts for sale. I missed both of the original event, so I had to do the conversions in the Coldfire and Moonbear events. As a result my Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear is only partially evolved in all 3 of my cities.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I want to see some artifacts for sale! The 1 sure-fire way Inno could get some of my money would be to put either Phoenix or Bear artifacts for sale. I missed both of the original event, so I had to do the conversions in the Coldfire and Moonbear events. As a result my Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear is only partially evolved in all 3 of my cities.
oh yeah, that's a fer sure! :) I'd love that as much as I'd love diamonds!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Interesting... I have an offer to buy a Dwarven armorer and it says it's marked down from 1,000 to 800 diamonds.
Except... when was it ever offered for 1,000?
In Canada at least that's against the law. You can't just make up a BS price that never really existed and then offer a "discount" from that price.

Obviously, Inno would never get in trouble for such an infraction, but the point is that such laws exist for a reason: it's a scummy practice that preys on customers. Shame on you inno.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Last year, artifacts were $75 for three. Do you really want that again? lol

But anyway, the pop-up I saw posted from an EU server showed a couple of fully evolved buildings for "only" about $100.

Also, last year we got a special 20% off premium expansions, instead of the normal 10%.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Thank you Inno for including the Winter Owl set! That is one that I have always wished we had transport spells for so that I hadn't had to sell them. Still a downside that I had to buy them for a 2nd time since I know I spent $$ on that event but at least I have them again for this winter :D

Deleted User - 3932582

Interesting... I have an offer to buy a Dwarven armorer and it says it's marked down from 1,000 to 800 diamonds.
Except... when was it ever offered for 1,000?
In Canada at least that's against the law. You can't just make up a BS price that never really existed and then offer a "discount" from that price.
This topic and line of questioning pops up pretty much every single time there is a sale. I can assure you, they have a legal team there at InnoGames, so you can be reasonably certain that there is a justification for that.

In fact, you can check out current thread on this at EN, they provide explanation as to how it works there:

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/diamond-cost-reduction.13501/ (post #27 if you don't want to read initial discussion)

edeba

This topic and line of questioning pops up pretty much every single time there is a sale. I can assure you, they have a legal team there at InnoGames, so you can be reasonably certain that there is a justification for that.

In fact, you can check out current thread on this at EN, they provide explanation as to how it works there:

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/diamond-cost-reduction.13501/ (post #27 if you don't want to read initial discussion)
I think it is pretty hard to enforce laws that are broken in a country. As a Canadian, I am also familiar with the Canadian law that Soggy refers to about an item actually has to be available for sale at a price before it is offered at a sale price and we have no access to purchase Dwarven Armories. But wow, even at the phony 'sale' price it is pretty expensive.

There are no deals or "sales" to be had with this event, just really outrageous prices.

SoggyShorts

@MinMax Gamer
That was a good read, about what I expected.

So basically the law is that you can't make up a BS price and reduce it to give the illusion of a sale.
Unless you have that BS made up price on an internal secret list somewhere, then it's ok.

Amazing.

Deleted User - 3932582

So basically the law is that you can't make up a BS price and reduce it to give the illusion of a sale.
Unless you have that BS made up price on an internal secret list somewhere, then it's ok.

Amazing.
Things like that are why good legal teams are raking in big money - and more often than not are worth every penny to people who employ them.

SoggyShorts

Things like that are why good legal teams are raking in big money - and more often than not are worth every penny to people who employ them.
Even more critical is to bribe law makers to fund re-election campaigns with the wink-wink understanding that a gaping loophole will be included in any law that might force a company to be honest.

edeba

The other thing, what a silly sale in that single artifacts haven't been offered. I already have 4 artifacts for one of the sale items and in Canadian, an outrageous $110, but why not single artifacts for say $15? Or one for $20, 3 for $50 and 5 for $75? Or something like that...

I also have one that I haven't seen that I just need 1 artifact to finish it.

Aritra

Thank you Inno for including the Winter Owl set! That is one that I have always wished we had transport spells for so that I hadn't had to sell them. Still a downside that I had to buy them for a 2nd time since I know I spent $$ on that event but at least I have them again for this winter :D
Regarding the Black Friday sale...
I have never been more tempted to make a purchase. I want the Snow Owl set!!! It came and went before I began my time in Elvenar. The price didn't seem as outrageous as I might have expected. However, good deal or not, I can't afford it. :(
All I can do is try my best to get this winter's owls and hope the snow owls get some Academy time (move over chess set, give owls a turn!). <3
Wishful thinking... A girl can hope...

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I also wish I knew there was going to be a free gift. It is not in the city I would prefer it to be in. I am going to try contacting support and see if they will switch it for me. Will post an update when I hear back from them.
I promised an update. Support responded quickly and they did move the Nightfur Unicorn from the inventory of my Arendyll city to that of my Winyandor city as I requested. I was very happy with them in this instance. So if any other players with multiple cities would like to move their free gift building to a different city, you might try contacting support.