• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Black Friday gift thread

Risen Malchiah

When I first saw the Facebook post, I naively thought we might get a free artifact. Then I thought, no, there will be a "deal" to purchase one. And before seeing it, I actually spent a few hours debating to myself whether I would spend $10 to buy one or splurge for a couple of them.

Hahaha how wrong I was! I just can't fathom paying $80 for what is essentially 3/10ths of a building. But hey! The good news is Inno saved me from possibly spending $30 or $40 on artifacts. :p

qaccy

Despite the comments in this thread, the reality is that players are buying into these deals. Inno doesn't price this stuff randomly, and if even premium expansions, which are available year-round, have maintained their current price structure for years, it goes to show that it's working out for them and people are buying this stuff. Probably people with a lot more disposable income than the average forum poster.

Socrates28

How does 30 Pet Food for $80 sounds to you? ;)
It sound down right EXPENSIVE to me! :eek:
I would buy 2 or 3 of each offer except it has been so long since I've had a 100% diamond offer, I am afraid I might mess it up and reset it. (There is a hint in there for you INNO folks.)
You are much wealthier that I am my friend. And I agree with you on the 100% diamond offer. Another reason not to buy it.
;)

SunsetDanar

I thought it was April fools day when I seen the artifact/pet food "Deal" lol. It would cost $110.00 Canadian and wow what a savings at 48% off. So I guess it should really be 200 bucks. Well I guess my pets are going to starve as I cant afford to pay that much to feed a virtual pet.

Total agreement here. Yes, there are developmental expenses for the product. There are no material or assembly costs. No waste or disposal costs. No inspection or other quality control costs. No packaging or shipping costs or any other costs related to a product that affects the price. Marketing decides to propose packages at a price point aimed at selling perhaps hundreds when a reasonable price point moves possibly thousands? (Made up numbers, of course, but you get the idea). I don't recall ever having seen a published price for Artifacts so 48% off of what. I may not be the only one making up numbers here.

Last edited:

WizardKrieg

If they actually have the gall to offer us that, It might be the best thing that ever happens to me. It just might be the straw that leads to me finally stopping playing and never looking back.
I agree, it was a slap in the face....they are calling this a Black Friday gift event, foolish me, I thought I would get a gift. Instead they want me to pay for their Christmas bonuses. Not happening.

SunsetDanar

Although I appreciate the gesture of providing a token present in order to convince people to log in on a busy shopping day,(it's black Friday in the US), I am disappointed that it is not provided to each city, but rather only to the first city logged into. Would it have broken the bank to drop something into every active city? The powers that be spend nothing on these items and can certainly 'afford' to make them available to every address that logs into every world. It may even encourage more activity among those that don't have the wherewithal to buy there way to the top. There are too many dead cities as it is, perhaps some incentive would be a good thing, eh?

Just to clarify. If you have multiple cities on the same account then, yes...You get the gift only on the first city logged into. If your cities are on separate accounts (which I prefer to do mostly for diamond management) then you receive the gift in each city. Worthy points on the rest of your post and I agree with them all.