• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Blackout when building

DeletedUser

I'm sure I've seen this problem posted before and believed it to be fixed.
When I click on the icon to build, my grid has diamonds of black which makes it almost impossible to see what space I have to build on.

DeletedUser68

A lot of the grid related display problems have indeed been fixed, as you noted, but some of our players still have some issues.

As a quick check, click on the Gear > Options icon in the lower right corner of the screen, and try your move with Hardware Acceleration both on and off. If you can reliably reproduce the bug that would be wonderful, and filling a Bug Report that describes your configuration will help the developers replicate and fix the problem that you're seeing.

If the best that we can manage is "sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't," that's a lot tougher, but describing some of your system details is still pretty useful as that may help us spot the common element that's causing the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I had to turn the hardware acceleration off because I was losing visual on some of my buildings and also (more so) I was losing visual when I was visiting my neighbours.
However, I'll try your suggestions and let you know. Thanks for your response :)

DeletedUser

I turned the hardware acceleration on and everything seemed fine. I just tried to move something and when I clicked on the move icon, the whole grid showed light green. Could not tell what I had expanded from what was still to be expanded.
I am about to log off for the night - will let you know what happens tomorrow morning (Australian time)

DeletedUser

Your beta "bug" is exactly what I was experiencing. Then I had the all light green problem. Then when I logged back in this morning everything was OK. (I am still using the hardware acceleration but it is still not showing some or all of the buildings when I'm visiting some other cities which is a little annoying but not as bad as the blackout).
Obviously it's going to be a problem bug for a while so I will be patient. I'll let you know if it reoccurs :)

DeletedUser

A further problem just now - when I clicked my move icon, I have an extra expansion showing, but can't build on it ??? Not sure whether it is legitimately my expansion or a "phantom".
EDIT: I logged out and back in and it's now gone. It's getting quite annoying to have to keep logging out.

Before you ask, yes I clean the flash player and all the other normal move to keep my computer clear

DeletedUser68

It's getting quite annoying to have to keep logging out.
If you provide the details of your system configuration, per https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/guide-to-bug-reporting.13/, and can nail down a sequence that reliably causes the bug, then there's a MUCH higher likelihood that the developers will be able to provide you, specifically, with a better gaming experience.

Lacking specific configuration information, and sequences that can be replicated and thereby tested, the developers are stuck with fixing what they THINK might be causing your problem, and hoping that you're covered.