• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Blooming Trader Guild question

DeletedUser1390

Is the Blooming Trader Guild portal boost % simply added to the existing upgrade boost % - i.e. if the current portal boost is 40%, building the Guild would make it 45%? (as opposed to being exponential in some way with the existing boost)

DeletedUser1903

correct the % is simply added & it goes up as you upgrade the wonder ;)

DeletedUser1390

Thanks so much.
Am trying to decide if it's worth building, so would appreciate any opinions on that as well. The only benefit I really care about is the portal boost, I rarely trade paying the commission or use the wholesaler.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Hard to say if you are only getting the portal boost from it. It is really nice to have the extra goods from the guest races and can save you some space in that area. Whether or not is saves you as much is it uses....unsure

I find I get great benefit from the wholesaler boost so for me that and the portal increase make it worth it.

DeletedUser1390

Interesting, thanks.

Do you use the wholesaler to trade goods, coins or (probably not) supplies? I just always balk cuz the rates are so poor.

Actually I have the choice now of putting down either the Blooming Guild or the Needles of the Tempest. Now that the Elite Archers (for elves) are quite useful, the latter is a bit tempting as well.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I find I frequently have max coins and on occasion max supplies. So I either use the wholesaler or let the houses/workshops sit idle. As such the wonder makes the rates better for something I would be doing anyway.

Thistleknot

Mykan has the right idea here. If you are about to max out your coin and you still have coin to collect from your residencies or from doing neighborly aid, why not use that extra coin to buy extra goods. The rate is not the best, but it beats sitting on the money and not having it do anything. The Blooming Traders Guild gives you a bit of a discount at the wholesaler so you get a bit more for your money. I like to keep the levels of my goods relatively close. So if I'm out of balance, I will use the wholesaler to purchase what I need to get back into balance. With the limitations on being able to conquer new provinces, it is hard to discover new trading partners. Having a discount to the trading fee means that you are more likely to want to take a trade that you need that is not necessarily in your favor. All this plus the added bonus of the production boost on guest races. I would say that this is a very good wonder to build if you have the space.

DeletedUser1390

Interesting, thanks. So far I always use my excess coins to buy KP. True, I'm paying 600K+ now for one KP. But comparing to the Wholesaler I see for that I can get about 100 Gems, and I certainly can't get one KP for anywhere near 100 Magic Goods. But perhaps as you say the equation becomes more favorable once the Blooming Guild discount kicks in.

Thistleknot

I typically use the wholesaler to purchase tier-2 goods (crystal, silk, scrolls). I purchase 500 goods for 800K. For me, this is a good balance of getting plenty of goods without too many clicks. You can get more tier-1 goods, but you are clicking more. You get fewer tier-3 goods for the money. Just my strategy. I never really thought about using my money for KP. I do every now and then, but I am willing to wait patiently for those. Obviously the costs can get very high otherwise.