• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Blooming Trader Guild

KevinF75

Hey everyone, I am going into chapter 9 and was wondering if this AW is worth it. I currently have the Golden Abyss, Martial Monastery, Mountain Halls (Favorite), and the blooming trader guild. I am just trying to get my buildings organized and ready for chapter 9 but I can't tell if the blooming trader guild even helps me out that much. What is everyone's opinion on this building?

Raccon

It does
Hey everyone, I am going into chapter 9 and was wondering if this AW is worth it. I currently have the Golden Abyss, Martial Monastery, Mountain Halls (Favorite), and the blooming trader guild. I am just trying to get my buildings organized and ready for chapter 9 but I can't tell if the blooming trader guild even helps me out that much. What is everyone's opinion on this building?
Yes it does. I wasn't sure about this AW neither. I built it because of the portal production increase that it offers and according to many forum members this feature will be very helpful in higher chapters where the guest race ptoduction will take longer time with every new chapter.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I built it when I was in chapter 8, I believe, and then found it wasn't worth it (at that time) and sold it. But when I entered chapter 14, I built it again and found that it was much more useful to me at that time, because by that time I had so many excess supplies that I always sold via the wholesaler.

Whether it's useful now to you depends upon how often you use the wholesaler to get rid of excess coins or supplies. If you don't use it much, it won't be worth much. As far as the portal boost, I honestly think that the people who love it for the portal boosts really don't take the time to calculate the cost per square of building it as opposed to building an extra guest race building or two to make up for the portal boost.

The wholesaler and excess coins/supplies is the real reason for building it. If you use the wholesaler daily, then build it. If you don't, then do the math for the next chapter. You may be a lot happier building more guest race buildings instead of it, and come out ahead per square. And if you use portal profits a lot, as I do, then the boost from the wonder means even less to you than if you don't. Just check the math and see what's right for you.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I have a love-hate relationship with the BTG :D
I built it when I unlocked it in my first city. My goal at that point was to get all the AW's that came with cliff art. I didn't upgrade it past a couple levels (or the Crystal Lighthouse) and sold both of them off somewhere in the mid chapters when I wanted more military resource focused AW's. I move very slowly through the research tree when I am moving, lol. I'm parked atm in both cities. Also, when PP's came out, everyone got them, even early chapters that didn't know what they were. There was no crafting yet, so no spell fragments or a disenchant button, so I have a huge inventory of those. A couple years goes by; I've considered the BTG a couple times since the chapters get slower and slower, but had avoided rebuilding it. I got to Ch17 and decided I wanted to complete the chapter for the Dragon Ark AW at the end. Then I found out there were nowhere near enough shrimp in all the oceans of Elvenar, rebuilt the BTG and upgraded just past the 2nd rune stage, so lvl 11 or 12 now? I never built it in my 2nd city, but I'm parked at the beginning of Ch16 there. I'm sure I'll build it there before I decide to move in the tech tree again, lol!
I don't know what it's like moving through earlier guest race chapters anymore. If I had it to do over I'd have just kept it. I would not have prioritized upgrading it, but might work on a level here and there. Having it started would have helped; I'd have probably seen the benefit sooner and upgraded it as I got into higher chapters.
I would never build it for the wholesaler discount, though that's absolutely a good reason especially when the decaying goods come into play. I think that's why so many later chapter players began recognizing the value and building it. Getting extra guest race goods was probably more of a 'bonus' reward for many of them. I'm just odd:
I truly hate the wholesaler, lol! I won't buy from him outside of event quests. For anything. Ever. I use time boosters to burn off excess supplies in troop production and buy kp with excess coins. My next kp will cost 2104K coins, I'll buy 5-10kp/day at that ever increasing price, and I still call the wholesaler a rip-off, lol! Guess it doesn't have to be logical; have I mentioned I. just. don't. like. him?

Huor

I never knew, or had forgotten, that the wholesaler's name is Leland. I started a new chapter 1 city and got the quest "trade with Leland" and wondered, who the heck is Leland? lol.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@KevinF75 I didn't need it until Chapter 17, but did in the end build it, and I am now upgrading it in Chapter 18. If I had a high level BTG earlier it would have helped my settlement production through the various chapters, so I think it is worthwhile.

B_fairies_aw2_shards.png

Darielle

I have a love-hate relationship with the BTG :D
I built it when I unlocked it in my first city. My goal at that point was to get all the AW's that came with cliff art. I didn't upgrade it past a couple levels (or the Crystal Lighthouse) and sold both of them off somewhere in the mid chapters when I wanted more military resource focused AW's. I move very slowly through the research tree when I am moving, lol. I'm parked atm in both cities. Also, when PP's came out, everyone got them, even early chapters that didn't know what they were. There was no crafting yet, so no spell fragments or a disenchant button, so I have a huge inventory of those. A couple years goes by; I've considered the BTG a couple times since the chapters get slower and slower, but had avoided rebuilding it. I got to Ch17 and decided I wanted to complete the chapter for the Dragon Ark AW at the end. Then I found out there were nowhere near enough shrimp in all the oceans of Elvenar, rebuilt the BTG and upgraded just past the 2nd rune stage, so lvl 11 or 12 now? I never built it in my 2nd city, but I'm parked at the beginning of Ch16 there. I'm sure I'll build it there before I decide to move in the tech tree again, lol!
I don't know what it's like moving through earlier guest race chapters anymore. If I had it to do over I'd have just kept it. I would not have prioritized upgrading it, but might work on a level here and there. Having it started would have helped; I'd have probably seen the benefit sooner and upgraded it as I got into higher chapters.
I would never build it for the wholesaler discount, though that's absolutely a good reason especially when the decaying goods come into play. I think that's why so many later chapter players began recognizing the value and building it. Getting extra guest race goods was probably more of a 'bonus' reward for many of them. I'm just odd:
I truly hate the wholesaler, lol! I won't buy from him outside of event quests. For anything. Ever. I use time boosters to burn off excess supplies in troop production and buy kp with excess coins. My next kp will cost 2104K coins, I'll buy 5-10kp/day at that ever increasing price, and I still call the wholesaler a rip-off, lol! Guess it doesn't have to be logical; have I mentioned I. just. don't. like. him?
I can understand that, but I think I have so many more supplies than most because of the Prosperity Towers and a huge supply of power of provisions. No way I could ever gain enough time instants to burn through my supplies with troops. I have no regular workshops, just four magical ones that I have constant pop spells on, with a decent level Prosperity Towers. I buy every item available with supplies each morning from the wholesaler, before I collect my baskets of groceries, and still wind up having to buy more than that at the higher prices before the day runs out. (And yes, I do buy a lot of troops too with time instants ... just don't have enough time instants to do that. Just too many supplies, not that I'm complaining, lol.)

And coins, yes, coins always go into kp, but I'm only paying about 1200K (going up fast, lol). I'd never waste those on good ol' Leland. :)

Iyapo1

I built a BTG in two of my cities because they were scroll boosted and I needed Wholesaler discounts. I lingered in chapter 7 until the BTG was level 30. Going through Orcs with a lv 30 BTG was funny. Same thing with Woodelves. At lv 30 it gives me a 40% boost to all guest race productions from day one. The lv. 4 portal provides a 60% boost to guest race productions. So between the two I get a 100% boost on guest race productions once my portal is upgraded which let's me build a much smaller settlement and use fewer PPs. I love my BTG.

I cater though, so I already have way fewer wonders than a fighting city. And like Darielle I have a PT and magic workshops so I still use the Wholesaler often.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
As far as the portal boost, I honestly think that the people who love it for the portal boosts really don't take the time to calculate the cost per square of building it as opposed to building an extra guest race building or two to make up for the portal boost.

The wholesaler and excess coins/supplies is the real reason for building it.

I think that may depend on which chapter you are in? I built mine in chapter 14 to help with guest races in chapter 15+. Sure, you can build extra buildings instead, but you need room plus materials to run the buildings, which in later chapters include e.g. sentient goods, orcs and mana. And in chapter 15+ portal profits are a lot less useful as they only make the capped goods and in chapter 15+ you also need some of the non-capped goods for research.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I've asked this question before too. In my main city, I've not find it all that useful to my playing style, but I have read about how ugly and brutal certain late chapters are, so I've left mine lingering at lvl 6 to see if I need it for later chapters. In my other city, I am boosted in scroll and started on a desert map so it became critical to use the wholesaler a lot. That one has it at lvl 17 and I prob won't add to it again for a long time. My scroll problem has eased as my city got moved and they've adjusted the moonstone sets. Mainly, I crawl through chapters waiting on diamonds/blueprints/RRs because I've won too many magic buildings from the Spire. Therefore, taking time to make more settlement goods has never been a problem. With wholesaler and settlement bonuses not as critical, I have found it not as useful to my playing style since I am a turtling fighting city.

Darielle

I think that may depend on which chapter you are in? I built mine in chapter 14 to help with guest races in chapter 15+. Sure, you can build extra buildings instead, but you need room plus materials to run the buildings, which in later chapters include e.g. sentient goods, orcs and mana. And in chapter 15+ portal profits are a lot less useful as they only make the capped goods and in chapter 15+ you also need some of the non-capped goods for research.
That's true, and chapter 16 is even worse. You can't just build your portal to 4 and then portal profit your way through the chapters. I suspect 17 will be even worse when I enter it later this week.

At chapter eight, which I think(?) the OP mentioned, you can still get by without a btg for the guest race boost. I think it is more useful on the later chapters.