• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Blossom mage vs Priest

DeletedUser29838

in my beta city today I was able to put down the mercenary camp and will be able to soon to be making blossom mages. Are blossom mages better than the priests? And, if so what should I be making in my human barracks to supplement the blossom mages? I make Cerberus in the training grounds already.

Huor

I like the way the blossom deflates when my priest hits her. I picture the sound of a balloon when you blow it up and release it. From what people say, the priest is one of the strongest unit in the game. When you gain the mercenary camp, you also get the promotion of the priest to a 3 star sacred priest. I haven't placed the mercenary yet myself. I think the blossom mage is a must have for elf players but not for us humans?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Mavia No. Priests are VERY good. Blossom Mages are more important to an elvish player because their basic mage unit is the Sorceress. And Sorceresses are not very good. Something else to consider is that if you are just getting the Mercenary Camp then you're in the Fairies chapter and will be getting the final Priest promotion later in the chapter. Which means you will soon be making 3 star Priests but your Blossoms will only be 1 star. It's really no contest then. A 3 star Blossom is nearly equal to a Priest, but the final promotion for Blossoms does not come until ch 14.

As far as the Mercenary Camp in general, what I train in it really changes in my human or elven cities. In my Elven city I train lots of Blossoms in it because they're the best available mage unit. The rest of the training normally goes to Rangers. In a human city I split the Mercenary Camp mostly between Rangers and Frogs. The reason for that is the human Mortar unit is not that good a heavy range unit so I need lots of Frogs. And the basic human Crossbowman light range unit is not as good as the elvish Archer. So in a human city I often use Rangers or Frogs for fights I would use Archers or Golems for in my elvish city.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Henroo when should I see frogs?
Unfortunately Frogs are a late game unit. You first get them in Halflings. But they don't really become great until the 3 star promotion in chapter 15. For a human city at your level the best heavy range unit is Orc Strategist. Even when only 1 star they will outperform 3 star Mortars in most encounters. You will unlock them to train in the Orcs chapter (they are a Training Ground unit). However you can get them before then by making the Grounds of Orc Strategist building in the magic academy. Even when they are not unlocked this building will still make them.

When I was at your level I had multiple GoOS buildings in my human cities. Even with multiples the output is limited. What I did was continue to use Mortars for easy heavy range fights. And save the Orc Strats for hard ones

Henroo

Oh Wise One
No, Witch Hut is before my time. I haven't been playing for that long.
In addition to being a great source of Frogs it also makes orcs. Witch Hut is one of the really good evolving buildings. Unless you really need them for your Witch Circle, I would save the sorceries you won from the fellowship adventure. Witch Hut artifacts should be in the spire in a few months. And when they do, the base will be added to the MA. You will then be able to craft it and evolve it. And with the sorceries from the FA, you will be 2 artifacts ahead.

Guurt The Destroyer

In addition to being a great source of Frogs it also makes orcs. Witch Hut is one of the really good evolving buildings. Unless you really need them for your Witch Circle, I would save the sorceries you won from the fellowship adventure. Witch Hut artifacts should be in the spire in a few months. And when they do, the base will be added to the MA. You will then be able to craft it and evolve it. And with the sorceries from the FA, you will be 2 artifacts ahead.

Yes, I know. I was disappointed that the Witch Hut didn't return for Halloween event. I ended up getting 10 of the Witch Summing artifacts, which I have not used, and I also am keeping my 2 tomes for the Witch Hut. I am hoping I can trade the Witch Summing artifacts for Witch Hut once the Witch Hut comes around.

Huor

For us new players, the brown bear gives frogs at stage 4. I'm also saving my witch tomes in hopes we get the witch hut in the MA.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am hoping I can trade the Witch Summing artifacts for Witch Hut once the Witch Hut comes around.
Not very likely. The only artifacts I have ever seen exchanges offered for are Phoenix and Bear artifacts. And even these were temporary options only offered during the Coldfire Phoenix, Ashen Phoenix, Moonbear, and Red Panda Bear events.