• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Blueprint Missing

• Thread starter DeletedUser19458
  • Start date

DeletedUser19458

So for the first time my FA did 10 chests and I got a blueprint. But it's not in my inventory ... where'd it go?

Submit bug report, or am I looking in wrong spot?

Gath Of Baal

So for the first time my FA did 10 chests and I got a blueprint. But it's not in my inventory ... where'd it go?

Submit bug report, or am I looking in wrong spot?

Yeah they do not show in your inventory..

You can check by entering a magical residence upgrade tab and hovering over the icon of the blueprint and it will tell you how many you have or by hovering over the icon for any crafting item that requires blueprints to make it … yep its a pain in the butt :)

DeletedUser19458

lol ok. Maybe by design but seriously sounds like a bug-report worthy post to me. I don't have magic house to view. I'm going to cash it in for RR spells when I see the chance, but in meantime I don't get why it wouldn't be in inventory like everything else in the game.

Thanks for quick replies :)

DeletedUser19458

yeah. I realize I could just as easily post it in suggestion forum, but I just reported it as a bug instead ... maybe they fix bugs faster. At the least, another voice in the wind.

Vergazi

Only logical reason that comes to mind that IG would not have it show in inventory is that one cannot disenchant it that way for SFs.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't have magic house to view. I'm going to cash it in for RR spells when I see the chance, but in meantime I don't get why it wouldn't be in inventory like everything else in the game.
Because if you don't have a magic building to upgrade or a recipe to convert it, there's nothing else you can do with it?
yeah. I realize I could just as easily post it in suggestion forum, but I just reported it as a bug instead ... maybe they fix bugs faster. At the least, another voice in the wind.
They do fix bugs faster than they implement suggestions. But wanting them to do it faster doesn't make it into a bug, it just makes more works for the forum mods.

DeletedUser19458

Because if you don't have a magic building to upgrade or a recipe to convert it, there's nothing else you can do with it?

Doesn't matter. I earned it, show it to me. I'm not a big gamer, but I don't recall playing any game before that I've earned something and they subsequently hid it from me. I also don't believe this is really much different than pre-dwarves earning PP, but is clearly treated differently.

And most certainly hiding it from people does not incent anyone to want to go spend diamonds on magic buildings so they can use it. New players might not even realize they've earned one in the first place.

They do fix bugs faster than they implement suggestions. But wanting them to do it faster doesn't make it into a bug, it just makes more works for the forum mods.

*shrug* It's a flaw in the game so I'm voicing my distaste for it. Don't really care what label you want to place on it. And not posting because a mod might have to do something about it isn't anywhere in my sphere of thoughts. I DID search the forums for this question first but nothing came up.

DeletedUser19458

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Doesn't matter. I earned it, show it to me. I'm not a big gamer, but I don't recall playing any game before that I've earned something and they subsequently hid it from me. I also don't believe this is really much different than pre-dwarves earning PP, but is clearly treated differently.

And most certainly hiding it from people does not incent anyone to want to go spend diamonds on magic buildings so they can use it. New players might not even realize they've earned one in the first place.

*shrug* It's a flaw in the game so I'm voicing my distaste for it. Don't really care what label you want to place on it. And not posting because a mod might have to do something about it isn't anywhere in my sphere of thoughts. I DID search the forums for this question first but nothing came up.
They don't hide it from you. They show it to you anywhere you can possibly do something with it.

I don't think anybody disagrees it's a design flaw. Design flaws are not bugs, unless they are unintended. For the moment, we are led to believe it is intentional, therefore it is not a bug. I take no issue with you complaining as many times as you want. I'll never get in the way of someone who wants to get worked up over something.

I don't know why they don't show it in inventory. Maybe they sat around a table asking each other if they'd get more tickets from people who can't find it, or from people who find it and complain it's useless to them and just a gimmick to make people buy magic buildings (the original expectation was that they'd be giving us each one, which went out the window when they split Blueprints from RR instants). Maybe they have a perverse sense of humour and like torturing players.

EDIT: Removed incorrect information. my apologies.

Last edited:

DeletedUser19458

You believe it is intentional and therefore not a bug, I don't. I have no idea what the developers intentions are.

But from the outside looking in, as I was, it has the hallmark definition of a bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
"Intentional" grants the developers more thought than I think they put into it. I think they'll get around to it.

I fully embrace being critical of the tactic of deciding that the other threads on the subject aren't adequate for you, so feeling justified in creating a new thread on a subject that's been discussed ad nauseum, and then, when the same answer was given as had been given several times in the past, creating a new (and drastically incomplete per the requested format) bug report to go along with the already newly created thread. if it walks like a worked-up duck and talks like a worked up duck....

Pheryll

Set Designer
I have seen other companies use the lingo that it is either intentional or a bug, but have not seen the Elvenar staff delineate things this way. I am not sure how to make categorical statements about their "not a bug" lingo. They seem to view these "not a bug" elements as acceptable, but I am not sure what the standards are for even that, as they can change their minds without announcement or even any discussion of their reasoning.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have seen other companies use the lingo that it is either intentional or a bug, but have not seen the Elvenar staff delineate things this way. I am not sure how to make categorical statements about their "not a bug" lingo. They seem to view these "not a bug" elements as acceptable, but I am not sure what the standards are for even that, as they can change their minds without announcement or even any discussion of their reasoning.
My only criteria are:
  1. They know about it.
  2. It doesn't seem like it should be difficult to add a way to view them.
  3. but they haven't after a year.
They've added pet food and several artifacts into the inventory since blueprints came out, but haven't added the blueprint. It could be gross incompetence, but i think they're just not in a hurry to do so.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My only criteria are:
  1. They know about it.
  2. It doesn't seem like it should be difficult to add a way to view them.
  3. but they haven't after a year.
They've added pet food and several artifacts into the inventory since blueprints came out, but haven't added the blueprint. It could be gross incompetence, but i think they're just not in a hurry to do so.

Yeah, it does not make sense for it to not be in the inventory somewhere. It cannot be used from the inventory, so that may have been their reason to begin with, but then they added the combining catalyst to the game, which also cannot be used from the inventory, and artifacts cannot be used from the inventory. But all those can be disenchanted, so maybe they did not add it after that to keep people from disenchanting them. That is still a flimsy excuse but that is the only excuse I can think of that they could claim.