• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Blueprint not in Inventory

• Thread starter DeletedUser19458
  • Start date

DeletedUser19458

Just got my first blueprint and it is not displaying in my inventory.

The help forum people say that's by design, we're simply not told how many we have. I say that is a bug in the game. :) (Why wouldn't it display in inventory like literally everything else in the game) Please fix!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
While it seems like bad interface design, it's not a bug. It is working as intended, no matter how annoying the intention is.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
From what I have read the only way to see how many blueprints you have is to go to a magic residence or workshop that you have and look where the blueprint icon is on the upgrade tab. If you are not able to upgrade it then there is no way to see how many you have. I agree that they should either put then in the inventory or at least figure out some way for us to see how many we have.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
you can also see qty on mobile app from MA if you have a blueprint in crafting window. Browser doesn't have this option.

KarlD

Not showing the blueprint inventory probably made sense when all you could do was upgrade magic buildings. They probably just didn't want people without magic buildings seeing they have this blueprint, but having nothing they could use it for. It probably would cause more inquiries and complaints than it is worth. But now everybody can use them and convert them into Royal Restoration spells and might reasonably want to know how many they have so they can know how many RR spells they can make and how many buildings they can upgrade. Inno seems to be sticking with their old line of reasoning without regard to how ridiculous it is not to include blueprints right along with Royal Restoration spells in the inventory. But for some reason they seem absolutely committed to not giving that number except in weird and unreliable ways. It's probably one of the most bizarre things I've seen in a while. The questions and complaints they avoided before they now have because people want to know their inventory and Inno refuses to give it.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Not showing the blueprint inventory probably made sense when all you could do was upgrade magic buildings. They probably just didn't want people without magic buildings seeing they have this blueprint, but having nothing they could use it for.

Except you could (can) just send a ticket to ask for your balance. So would have created extra work for their staff.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not showing the blueprint inventory probably made sense when all you could do was upgrade magic buildings.
I doubt very much that it is any kind of intentional state. It's much more likely that it's just a low priority. There's only one way to get blueprints, and way less than 5% of the players (probably less than 1%) will have so many that they don't know what they've got. I'm having a hard time imagining that there are a lot of people who need to do any sort of "planning" around how many they have available to convert to RRs.

DeletedUser19458

More than anything I think it's just sloppy programming and they don't care enough to fix - like a lot of other things in this game.

My experience in business is when things are sloppy, they are either a poorly run company or the company makes so much money they don't need to worry about eeking out every bit of oppertunity and effeciency they can find. I kinda feel like Inno is the latter (though I have no clue what kinda revenue they bring in).

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I was really upset when I discovered that I couldn't craft anything with blueprints unless I was in a fellowship with high chest numbers in tournaments, where they can be won. That's not fair to the players who are in fellowships they really like, but that don't get more than 4 or 5 chests at most. We need to have a way to earn blueprints without being in a 10-chest fellowship.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
More than anything I think it's just sloppy programming and they don't care enough to fix
Not adding something that isn't a high priority isn't sloppy programming. Nothing in this respect needs "fixing" because nothing is broken. The blueprint function works just fine as intended. Wanting to be able to see how many blueprints you have in order to plan ahead is a feature request. One that only affects a tiny number of people. I bet we could come up with a hundred things that are more important or more broadly useful.
I was really upset when I discovered that I couldn't craft anything with blueprints unless I was in a fellowship with high chest numbers in tournaments, where they can be won. That's not fair to the players who are in fellowships they really like, but that don't get more than 4 or 5 chests at most. We need to have a way to earn blueprints without being in a 10-chest fellowship.
It's a prize. One that didn't exist until a couple of years ago. Any fellowship that decides to work hard enough to get ten chests can get the prize.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
More than anything I think it's just sloppy programming and they don't care enough to fix - like a lot of other things in this game.

My experience in business is when things are sloppy, they are either a poorly run company or the company makes so much money they don't need to worry about eeking out every bit of oppertunity and effeciency they can find. I kinda feel like Inno is the latter (though I have no clue what kinda revenue they bring in).

More common thinking particularly in software development is it is better to get something 80-90% done and out and available then to make it 100% perfect. They make no money from something that isn't implemented and they can priorities adjustments or fixes once it is out. So it isn't just inno that does this.

earning 10 chests is actually easier than people think. If you have some bears or a fire phoenix it is easier again but can still be done without these. The personal gain for individuals in tournaments is significant, all you need are people who are interested in improving their game and understand that tournaments will help.

DeletedUser19458

More common thinking particularly in software development is it is better to get something 80-90% done and out and available then to make it 100% perfect. They make no money from something that isn't implemented and they can priorities adjustments or fixes once it is out. So it isn't just inno that does this.
True point. Just seems like such an obvious miss in original development.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

earning 10 chests is actually easier than people think. If you have some bears or a fire phoenix it is easier again but can still be done without these. The personal gain for individuals in tournaments is significant, all you need are people who are interested in improving their game and understand that tournaments will help.
If every player were like the top one in the fellowship, I think you're right. But there are a lot players who either don't participate at all or are doing consistently 30 points per week, just to do something. I drove myself crazy one week trying to build interest in the tournament, and we fell short by only about 100 points of getting a fifth chest. About 2/3 of the membership played that week and 4 of those did 30 points (we had 19 members at the time, but one is inactive). One player is fantastic (far better than me) but she can't carry it alone. I'm not anywhere near her by a long shot. I just started playing Elvenar in October so I don't have more than 5 or 6 provinces to do each week; I haven't gotten enough explored (I'm trying, but all the provinces are now "very hard"). My average tournament score is only 1030, so I'm not enough help. I'm trying to build up. But most longtime players in the fellowship, the mages and archmage, have an average tournament score of 350 or 400. So I don't think we'll get there anytime soon. I started floating the idea of having one big push once a month, like the first of the month, hoping to build interest in that, and maybe we could get to the tons of chests that way. People could take a break the other weeks. But I don't think that went over too big, so I'm just plugging along. Thank you, though, for your answer. I appreciate the info.

KarlD

I really don't think that's it. In the YEARS since they've had blueprints and the year or so (?) since they've added the royal restoration spell they've somehow figured out how to add artifacts, portal profits, and royal restorations to the inventory. As far as the inventory system is concerned I can't imagine it's any different to implement than the Royal Restoration spell. They should have been added at the same time. I think Inno simply doesn't want to add the blueprint inventory for reasons that will probably never be known by anyone outside of Inno. If they told you, they'd have to kill you.